“Quiet room with huge bathroom” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #19 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Sydney
“Quiet room with huge bathroom”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

A friend and I shared a double room over the first weekend in May and paid a premium since it was a busy weekend in Chicago. The room was a decent size for two people in separate beds and bathroom was amazing with separate toilet room with door. What impressed me the most was how quiet the room was. I didn't hear noise from the hallway and even though our window was on the street, there was minimal traffic noise compared to other hotels I've stayed at in the Loop.

The hotel is on West Adams so it's a few blocks from Michigan Ave and the river so it's not a prime tourist spot but you get to walk among stunning Chicago architecture to get where you're going so I didn't mind.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed a week at this hotel. From the time of arrival til the time we left, the service was wonderful. This is a high class hotel with luxurious rooms and exquisite bathrooms. The gym is top of the line and enormous. What's great is the "L" next door and the Willis Tower one block away! This is one of the best hotels we have stayed and enjoyed the quietness and cleaniness.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed at the JW for one night for a business event. I am a gold member and have high expectations when staying at the top tier hotels for this chain. My room was fabulous, I enjoyed the lounge area with my travel companions, and the concierge was very helpful. The one complaint - I had a special religious dietary restriction and they did not accomodate me. They suggested i try the restaurant in the hotel which was not affiliated or go shopping at a nearby grocery. The year before, i stayed at The Renaissance north of the city and they went out of their way to accomodate me for breakfast at the concierge lounge. I was shocked that the JW would not do the same.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for the weekend and it is a very nice hotel! The room, linens, and bed were VERY comfortable! I loved the travertine bathroom and overall décor of the hotel in general. It was a very classy yet modern feel. We stayed away from the spa because the prices were high and we were a bit disappointed that the hotel didn’t have a pool. I have to compliment the concierge, for recommending the 24 hour mass-transit pass and some very interesting areas to visit. We had a blast and it was very easy and cheap to use the trains. We had breakfast each morning and it was very tasty! Which brings me to my only complaint: We booked a package with breakfast included and were very adamant about confirming this at check-in. Still we were charged each morning for our breakfast, followed by an in-depth discussion and near pleading to get these charges removed. I am very open to mistakes, but when you have to almost argue 3 times to get what you paid for; it’s a bit frustrating. The only blemish on an otherwise great stay!

Room Tip: Get a room that looks out to the city. Our room was facing the inside (courtyard) of the hotel. A...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I was really looking forward to staying at this property, given its historical significance (a Burnham design) and recent renovation. I was expecting a lobby with a soaring ceiling and gilded age trim. Instead, the hotel lobby ceiling was too low, and the lobby felt dark. It was a huge lost opportunity for shock and awe. My room had great finishes, but was quite small, even for one lone business traveler. My view was that of a large airshaft. The concierge lounge was adequate, since it was obviously an afterthought. It felt pinched. There were no grand vistas, just a small street view. The concierge staff nearly drove me crazy with their hovering and chatter. I really wanted to like the property more, but there are more attractive properties in the Marriott collection available for fewer Rewards points.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I had a wonderful stay this past weekend during my out of town girls trip. We ordered room service-- which was delightful. The front desk was very helpful and we even utilized the gym downstairs when it was too cold to run on Saturday. The only downside was when I found stains on the throw across both beds we had in the room, a stain on the bathroom floor, and what looked liked a overlooked nail clipping on the floor which disappeared when housekeeping came the next day. We literally only slept there as we were out and about the entire 4 days we were in town. I would come back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Marriott has it nailed. Very convenient location, especially to the Art Museum and good shopping. New property that was a bank in its previous life.
Clean, contemporary and welcoming.
Spa and workout facility on the basement level are first-class.
Rooms are large. Bathroom has an electronic mirror with a TV insert.

Room Tip: Ask for a room other than streetside for a quieter experience.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to JW Marriott Chicago? Share your experiences!