“Great birthday week at the Chicago Palomar” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palomar Chicago, a Kimpton Hotel

You added Palomar Chicago, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Palomar Chicago, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   505 North State Street, Chicago, IL 60654 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save up to 15%
Ranked #8 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bellingham, WA
“Great birthday week at the Chicago Palomar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

What an an amazing birthday week we had two weeks ago at the Palomar Chicago. Mark and Bobbie G. were two of most competent and nicest concierges we have ever met. They made us feel so at home and they know their city. The entire front desk and door staff honored my birthday with a lovely card and treats. The whole staff is awesome and the Sable Bar, in the hotel is a must. The bartenders and staff there were so friendly and caring. We felt like we had made many new wonderful friends by the time our week was up. I couldn't recommend this hotel more.

Judy B
Bellingham, WA

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMPalChi, General Manager at Palomar Chicago, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear JudyBellingham_WA:

Thank you so much for recommending our hotel and for calling out our great concierges Bobby and Mark. We appreciate all of your feedback.

See you soon.

GM - Palomar Chicago

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed at the Palomar for a week for work in Chicago. It was a welcome surprise having not stayed with Kimpton before. They really know what they're doing. So many hotels seem to try to squeeze as much money from you as possible and you get a surprise when the bill comes that the extra pillow was a charge or the internet was extra.... With Kimpton it's not like that at all, they even had a little note in the bathroom with a long list of extras that were complimentary.
Room was very comfortable and staff were very friendly. Well done.

Room Tip: Go a bit higher if you can, Chicago streets at night tend to be quite noisy!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMPalChi, General Manager at Palomar Chicago, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear demps77:

Thank you for staying with us and writing such a wonderful review. We hope you will come back and visit on your next visit from Singapore.

Olney, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was very impressed with hotel Palomar. I had stayed in a Kimpton hotel before and was less than impressed but decided to stay here based on the reviews. We were upgraded when we checked in and the rest of the stay was history. The room had the biggest jacuzzi I had seen in a hotel room and the view was great. The room was incredibly clean and the breakfast was delicious! Location was ideal and my husband and I had a great time.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Chrissy C:

Thank you so much for your review we truly appreciate it. We can't wait to see you again.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I did my research for a hotel in Chicago and decided on the Palomar Chicago based on trip advisor, customer service pre-arrival, location, and amenities. In booking the reservation and trying to get the best price, I made a few calls regarding third party hotel reservations and a travel agency. The reservation staff (at least 5 separate calls including registering for the Intouch program) were the most courteous and knowledgable. Everyone was patient with my inquiries and let me know that I had a valid reservation through Magellan Vacations, a luxury travel agency than offered a better price for my 4 night stay than TA or any of the third party companies on the web. I was embarrassed to ask about the travel agency for fear I had taken business away from the hotel but was assured that was not the case. I was so impressed I had to speak to a customer relations specialist and let him (Jeremy) know how well I had been treated by the Palomar/Kimpton reservation staff. Another VIP reservation staff member (G.N.) was also exceptionally helpful via e-mail. Wow!!! They appreciate we are celebrating a wedding anniversary, birthday and will be bringing our 10 year old son. I was asked what would make the trip special and any extras I needed. What pleasure it was and I am sure the hotel will be as fantastic as my many calls pre-arrival. Thank you one and all at Palomar reservations and customer relations (Jeremy!!). Now I just have to arrive on Friday to really find out what the hotel is all about!LOL!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Var C:

Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful review without even staying with us yet. We look forward to having you arrive this Friday and to make your stay very special.

Enjoy Chicago.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had a terrible experience. My things MYSTERIOUSLY disappeared during my stay from my room. Management was completely incompetent dealing with it. Nothing more frustrating that having people not believe you when you claim your things are MISSING!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear mfsan:

Thank you for your first time review of our property.

Since it is always important for Tripadvisor readers to hear from both sides of the table I would like to make sure we have some feedback for you. We understood from you that a pair of earrings and tweazers were missing from your room. After investigating the issue and doing a full lock read and talking to our staff, we were not able to locate the items. After your discussion with our front office manager in which you made clear you were not happy with our response, and after we offered to replace your earrings as a good will gesture, we find ourselves at this point.

I would like to apologize that you are dealing with lost items, but I sincerely feel that we have followed the neessary steps to rectify this situiation.

Thank you.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

I'll keep this short and sweet... the Palomar is a great hotel in a great location. My wife and I stayed here while visiting Chicago for a friend's wedding. The room is great with a big 'ole jacuzzi tub, comfy king-sized bed and big floor-to-ceiling windows which allowed us to take in the cityscape. I definitely recommend staying here is you are visiting downtown Chi-Town

• Stayed October 2012
Dear dgrumm:

Thank you so much for your review - we are so glad you had a great stay and can't wait to see you again.

Millville, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed at the Palomar for the Notre Dame/Miami game 10/4-10/7. It was also the weekend for the Chicago Marathon, which passed in front of the hotel. That in itself speaks to the location of this great property. Large room was upscale with every amenity, including jacuzzi. Especially liked the lobby lounge; very comfortable and terrific coffee. Front desk staff was consistently helpful and I liked the fact they were dressed to the nines. Very professional image. I've stayed at other nice facilities downtown but none compare to the Palomar. I'll be back...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear OpaSteve:

Thank you so much for your review - we are so pleased you had a great time and that you enjoyed the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

GM - Palomar Chicago

Been to Palomar Chicago, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!