“BEST Bed & Breakfast...That I've EVER Been To!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa D'Citta

You added Villa D'Citta to your Saves list
Villa D'Citta
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   2230 North Halsted Street, Chicago, IL 60614 (Lincoln Park)   |
Ranked #2 of 20 Chicago B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“BEST Bed & Breakfast...That I've EVER Been To!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I've been to Chicago several times. I usually stay in Hotels...but we waited a little too long to book a hotel room...so most of the city was booked. We came across Villa D'Citta online...thought the pics of the place looked really nice, so we booked our room...BEST decision we made that trip!! It's simply the BEST Bed & Breakfast...and I've been to many across the country. Super clean, Beautiful rooms, Gorgeous shared kitchen (fully stocked) & lobby (hang out area) on 1st floor, Good location, and the FRIENDLIEST staff I've ever experienced. I bonded with the manager, Kathy, and found myself spending lots of time in the kitchen chatting with her & other visitors while cooking or just sitting around. This staff truly makes you feel like you are at HOME...which is very rare nowadays. When I visit Chicago again...there is no doubt I will be staying here again...and so should anyone visiting the area...you won't be disappointed!! ~Rich from Boston

Room Tip: We stayed in the "garden" level because the rest were booked...I was a little nervous abou...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
PineappleCathy, Manager at Villa D'Citta, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words about your experience staying with us at Villa D' Citta. It was such a pleasure to meet you, and guests like you make being hospitable so easy. Thank you also for your comments about our gorgeous kitchen. As you discovered, it is a great place to meet the other guests staying at the Villa. We hope that you come back to Chicago and Villa D' Citta soon. Thanks again, Cathy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

If you love the sound of the city, a suite in the front of the building is "the" location. With the french doors open you experience the urban lifestyle and when they are closed, its total seclusion. The best of both worlds. There isn't a bad choice in the entire building. Once you arrive, there isn't much reason to leave the premises either. The gourmet kitchen is outstanding, the pantries are full and the refrigerator is freshly stocked, always. The rooms are huge, exquisitely furnished and extremely clean. I parked in the rear garage which made me feel like I was more at home, not in a hotel. The staff was perfect in every way, and catered to my every need. Why would you ever want to stay anywhere else? Villa D'Citta is my #1 choice to stay when I'm in Chicago for pleasure or business.... period.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room in the building. I had absolutely no complaints about my stay here. Bei...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My company booked my stay @ the villa & I couldn't be more thankful. I would have been pleased with the Hampton but not after I enjoyed such luxury & freedom that The Villa has to offer. The staff is so friendly, everything is spotless I actually saw one of the maids ironing the sheets!! Breakfast was served to me daily not to mention the place comes fully stocked with food & snacks that are free to consume @ will. There is talk from my company about sending me back next year & I can't wait. This time I plan to request The Villa for my stay. I would recommend The Villa for any occasion

• Stayed November 2012

The VIlla is an awesome
Place to stay, no matter if you're a family, a couple, or by yourself. All the rooms are beyond gorgeous and the food is great! The location makes it convenient to go anywhere! I could definitely stay here every time I come to Chicago! The Villa is the best place in Chicago and I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed November 2012
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Villa D' Citta is by far the most luxurious place I've ever been to. The staff is very courteous and professional. The suite my boyfriend and I stayed in was immaculate and steps away from the beautiful rooftop jacuzzi. Breakfast was amazing and had something to offer everyone. The Villa is in the middle of Lincoln Park and you can walk to everything. We stayed here for three days and neither my boyfriend or myself have a single negative comment to say about the Villa. I would visit Chicago again just to stay in the Villa D' Citta!

Room Tip: All the rooms in the Villa are amazing and wont disappoint.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Villa d’Citta is a nicely appointed, luxury B & B in a great location, with one drawback. It’s noisy. It’s not the noise you would expect in any urban house refurbished into a B & B. That was remarkably small in our second-floor back bedroom. Rather, some self-inflicted choices magnify sounds in the building, and detract from the whole point behind a B & B. If you are looking for a nice breakfast chatting with your companions or other guests, you will have to do it over the talking heads on the large screen TV in the dining room. The staff turns the TV on as soon as they arrive, and if you turn it off, they’ll turn it right back on. Apparently they need the Today show more than the guests need the ability to talk to the people at the breakfast table. You can schlep your breakfast to the parlor and eat on the coffee table. So there is a fix to the problem, but it’s not what it should be.
The bedroom floors are all hardwood. They're pretty, but they make the sounds of the guests packing at 2 am in the room upstairs into a drumbeat worthy of a child on a pogo stick. The sewage pipes from the upstairs bedrooms run through the walls of the second floor rooms. Every time they flush upstairs a torrent of water rushes through the walls. Also, not much sound insulation went between the bedroom walls, and you will hear every word of the sorority sisters’ rehashing last night’s soiree while they brush their teeth at 5 am in the room next door before catching a cab for O’Hare.
Another odd feature is the lack of a chest of drawers. Given the 3 night minimum stay you might want to unpack your gear, but you can’t. You’ll be living out of your suitcase. There is plenty of closet space for hanging things, but no drawers.
A word to the wise; be sure to bring the gate code they email you. You cannot get in to register without it, and the inn staff will not answer the phone, even though you can see them through the front window. Fortunately, one of the menu choices on the phone tree is "owner," and he does answer. Indeed, he was gracious and quite helpful.

Room Tip: The bottom floor fells like a basement. It isn't quite, but it has that aura. See above re sec...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comments. The television in the breakfast/dining area is now being monitored and is on or off per the request of the guests. We are looking forward to your returning to Villa D' Citta in the Spring and to having you stay in our Milan Suite which I believe will be far more to your liking. Thank you for your comment about Villa D' Citta being a "nicely appointed luxury B and B". Cathy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This place is amazing. I would love to get married there! The staff is wonderful. Everythingis top of the line. The rooftop jacuzzi well say no more. There is food to eat in the frig. We just love this place we will be back. And we will definetely reccomend to our friends

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Villa D'Citta? Share your experiences!