“Lunch at Xoco” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
boston, ma
“Lunch at Xoco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The concept behind Xoco (which translates to “little sister”) is “contemporary expressions of Mexico’s most beloved street food and snacks.” Basically, you come inside and tell the hostess how many people you have in your party. If they have a table available for you, they allow you to order at the counter and the food comes out steaming hot about 10 minutes later. If they don’t have a table available right away, you hang out until one is ready.

The staff is really knowledgeable and basically suggested everything that my boyfriend and I ended up ordering including: Chicharrones (fried pork rinds), carnitas soup (meal-in-a-bowl), pepitas torta (shortrib) and churros. Everything was beyond delicious. It was one of the best lunches I have ever had and I can't wait to come back over and over.

For more about my experience at Xoco - check out my blog post: http://youngfoodies.com/weekend-in-reviewpart-1-xoco/

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

chicago
“Quck delicous and spicy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I always bring out of town guests who are in River North here for lunch. The food is quick and delicious. Fresh churros, viscous hot chocolate, and the Cochinita Pibil sandwich comes with a salsa that burns beautifully. Can be crowded and you may have to sit at a counter, but the perfect spot in River North for a quick bite.

Visited October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Average for me...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I would love to understand why people wait HOURS to get food from this place!! Flavors are not super spectacular, everything is super spicy and the line never ends!! I canunderstand that if it's really worth it, but I don't see this is the case for an averga sandwich/torta, etc.
Besides, I forgot my cell phone there, I came back 5 minutes later, and it was gone... one of the managers was super nice, but then I talked to another one that ended uo being extremely rude... I don't know, still don't gei the sucess of this place

Visited June 2012
“Fresh and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here a few times and the food is always fresh tasting and amazing. It does get very busy and the ordering/seating style is different than what you might expect, but the food is well worth it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York
“great spicy breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have never had breakfast at Xoco's until now. The huevos rancheros were great - not quite enough beans - but the tomato sauce was light and spicy. The chicken chilequiles were a bit too spicy for me, but were incredible anyway. And finally - the churros! Had one plain and one with pistachio sauce. Terrific! Everything is amazingly fresh.

• Visited January 2013