“Not Impressed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Jam

Jam
3057 W. Logan Blvd., Chicago, IL 60622-4949 (Northwest Side)
773-292-6011
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Indiana
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My four adult children and I just had brunch this past Sunday. We arrived and put our name in. The restaurant is very, very small-barely enough space for people to squeeze by. After waiting for more time than was first given, we were seated at a small table. Our waitress did not appear for at least 5 minutes. We were given juice and coffee and then waited for at least 25 minutes for our orders that did not arrive all at the same time. My french toast was soggy in the center and the pancakes were too soft. I requested maple syrup for the french toast which was not included. I was given approximately two tablespoons in a small metal cup that ketchup usually comes in. My daughter had a small metal pitcher for her syrup for her pancakes. The bacon sausage tasted like smoked kielbasa-yuk! Overall, the service was too slow, the staff not enthusiastic or caring, and the food not acceptable. Pass this one up!

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Wallace, North Carolina
“A little costly but worth the occasional splurge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We went here when we visited our daughter in Chicago during Christmas 2012. She recommended it because she read it was highly rated on Zagat. We got there early on a Sunday morning to beat the crowd. Brandon waited on us and his attention to detail was fantastic. I had the eggs benedict (out of this world), my wife had the french toast (indescribably good) and my daughter had the waffle of the day (with a hit of jalapeno and covered with a crisp chicken thigh).. It was one of the best (and most unusual) breakfasts we've all enjoyed in a long, long time. We would all highly recommend it if you want to try something out of the normal. (Although they do serve a standard egg/bacon breakfast for those not quite so adventuresome).

Visited December 2012
Chicago
“Great meal again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Visited this Monday afternoon and had another great meal. They have a kids menu which is great because we went with our two kids. One thing missing for the kids is chocolate milk. No kids menu is complete without this!

Pancakes and their amazing French toast was eaten quickly by the kids. We had the antelope dish and the omelet which were excellently prepared. They have a liquor license now and their drinks are quite tasty. It is always a pleasure to eat here when we visit home. Cannot wait to move back to be able to eat here more often.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Berwyn, Illinois
“Great brunch spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We ate here on Sunday...meeting my sister and brother-in-law for brunch. We arrived about 10:00a.m. which was good timing. No wait! The staff was good and the food delicious. I had the malted custard french toast and a side of bacon...a half order of the french toast was just right for me. I do appreciate it when restaurants have half-size orders since I seldom can finish a whole portion. Everyone in our party really enjoyed their entrees. The farmers market right outside the restaurant on Sunday a.m is a mixed blessing...parking was probably harder to find but it was fun to stroll the market after breakfast.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicagol, IL
“Another wonderful meal at Jam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

My husband and I were at Jam last Sunday, meeting some out of town family for brunch. Though they do not take reservations you can call in advance and be put on a waiting list. I really recommend this especially if you are a large party as we were. We had a very short wait when we all arrived. This was my first visit to Jam in it's new Logan Square location and the restaurant design is beautiful. The food was amazing, four of us had breakfast and the other two had sandwiches. All the dishes were delicious and looked beautiful on the plate. Being Sunday it was very busy, but calling ahead made a huge difference. If you haven't tried Jam, I think you are missing out on a wonderful dining experience.

• Visited April 2012