“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waldorf Astoria Chicago

You added Waldorf Astoria Chicago to your Saves list
Waldorf Astoria Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 East Walton, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Elysian Hotel Chicago) (Near North Side)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Suite Savings - 15% off
Ranked #6 of 176 Hotels in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orland Park, Illinois
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Excellent staff and rooms are spacious with beautiful furnishings. Spa and Fitness center are first rate. Hotel location is close to Michigan avenue shopping and great restaurants. Always a pleasure to stay at this Hotel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Robert L,

Thank you so much for visiting with us again at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago. We truly value and appreciate your loyalty. I am delighted to read that have found comfort in our rooms and that you enjoy the convenience of the hotel’s location. We will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you when your travels bring you back to Chicago.

Richard R. Evanich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Waldorf in July 2014 while in town for a wedding. When we arrived our room wasn't ready. We were offered an upgrade to the Gold Coast Suite, but told it would take an hour to be ready for us. They checked our baggage and we went shopping. We received a call an hour later saying the suite was ready. The staff was friendly and we liked the location of the hotel. We have two boys 11 and 6, and they loved the hotel as much as my husband and I did. We are coming back to Chicago in a month and will again be staying at the Waldorf. We hope to have another amazing experience, like we did last time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This is a very special Waldorf Astoria property located in Downtown Chicago. Unlike most of the luxury "Big Box" hotels, this property feels very intimate and low key. Walking into the lobby provides the illusion that you are in a very small luxury boutique hotel. The hotel is ideally located on Walton Street (adjacent to Rush Street and very close to the high-end shops on Oak Street) which is very close to some of the best shopping and dining in Chicago. It is also dangerously close to Sprinkles Cupcakes, which now has a 24 hour "Cupcake ATM". Every time I stay at this property, I take long walks exploring the area at night, and I also feel safe in this neighborhood.

This is a 5-Star hotel that affords impeccable customer service and luxury amenities. Every team member I encountered was professional and courteous, and each went out of their way to ensure a wonderful stay. The expert Concierge will happily book dining and excursions of your choice.

The rooms and suites are very spacious and my recent suite was 1200 square feet with a king bedroom, 1 and 1/2 baths, and a very large living and dining area with a fireplace. The rooms are luxurious and well appointed with well-stocked mini-bars. The beds are wonderful with high count sheets and fluffy duvets. The master bath had a very large and deep soaking tub with a separate shower area.

I was at the property celebrating my birthday on this stay and took advantage of the wonderful Spa located on the 4th Floor. The Spa has been consistently rated one of the best hotel spas in the U.S., and I was delighted with my treatments and Therapists.

I enjoyed an incredible 90 minute massage with Nia, a 60 minute Silk Peel facial with Cathy and a pedicure with Stephanie. I have had massages and facials all over the world, and Nia and Cathy were the best Massage Therapist and Esthetician I have come across in the business. I was especially impressed with Cathy, as she is an incredible educator and taught me many new essentials of skin care while performing the facial. Unlike most spas, she did not spend her time up-selling expensive skin care products. I highly recommend the extra money for the Silk Peel Facial. I left with glowing and plumped skin and immediately saw a reduction of fine lines and wrinkles. Stephanie also gave me an incredibly relaxing and very thorough pedicure, and she has a huge selection of regular and gel polish colors for you to choose from.

I visited the Spa on a Tuesday and was able to book all treatments the night before. I would recommend advance booking of spa treatments, as the Therapists have many loyal return customers from outside of the hotel. Knowing that I was celebrating a birthday, the Spa Receptionist personally delivered a complimentary glass of Champagne to my suite following my treatments. What a wonderful and unexpected touch!

Whether you are dining in the restaurant or ordering room service, the food at the hotel is excellent! I ordered room service for lunch and breakfast, and both meals were delivered within 30 minutes. The homemade chicken noodle soup and wood fired pizza had incredible flavor! The Eggs Benedict and Omelet we ordered for breakfast were also incredible! You can also sit at the bar and order really delicious appetizers and drinks. The bar has a very extensive wine, beer and cocktail menu and they also offer gourmet cheese/meat plates that they prepare in front of you.

I really love this property and recommend the Chicago Waldorf without reservation. It is a quiet and intimate oasis in the middle of the Gold Coast. I am a Hilton Diamond member, and this is one of my favorite properties. I was also really impressed that the Manager allowed my Husband to surprise me by allowing him to bring our 2 Golden Retrievers when he joined me for the second night of my stay. Pretty unusual for a high-end luxury property.

Room Tip: Check the room and suite specials, as they often offer extra amenities or reduced parking rates. I h...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear SessaWisconsin,

Thank you so much for celebrating your special occasion with us and for taking time to share your candid feedback on TripAdvisor. It gives me true pleasure to read that you found comfort in your suite and that you enjoyed the various amenities the hotel has to offer, especially our Spa & Health Club. Thank you for your very kind words with regard to Cathy, Nia, and Stephanie. I have shared your positive remarks with the entire team for comments like yours are what inspire our continued efforts to make our guests’ visits more memorable. I am also happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s location and that you had the time to explore the area. The Gold Coast is indeed a truly vibrant and charming neighborhood that has so much to offer. Thank you so much for recommending our hotel and for your loyalty to our Hilton brand. We will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you next to Chicago.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Chose to host a small get together in the gold coast suite to celebrate my son's engagement and left the happy couple with the room for the night. Luxurious room with modern decor and beautiful lobby. Staff was very helpful and attentive. Very pleased and will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Live2roam40,

Thank you so much for choosing the Waldorf Astoria Chicago to celebrate you son’s engagement. I am delighted to read that you gave us the opportunity to be part of such a special moment and that our team did not disappoint you. I hope your son and his significant other enjoyed the rest of their stay in their Gold Coast Suite. I am thrilled to read that you would like to visit with us again. Your loyalty is highly valued and appreciated. We will look forward to serving you and your family again when your travels bring you next to Chicago.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've wanted to stay at the Waldorf-Astoria since it opened in Chicago several years ago and finally had the opportunity. It lived up to my expectations and then some!

First of all, the location is deal. In the heart of the Gold Coast within steps of fantastic dining and shopping. The prices are on par with other nearby luxury hotels, but the value for the price far exceeds the other options. We had two rooms, and both were more like luxury apartments than standard hotel suites. Fireplaces, balconies (a rarity in Chicago!) and true living rooms. The beds and pillows were EXTREMELY comfortable and made for a great night's sleep.

What most attracted me to the Waldorf-Astoria was its fine reputation for service, and it did not disappoint. From check-in to BEYOND checkout due to left-behind glasses which were found and returned at their expense, everyone went above and beyond to make sure we had a wonderful stay.

Especially if you would like a little extra space for a fantastic luxury visit to the heart of Chicago, don't hesitate to book at the Waldorf-Astoria!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony--a great perk that's hard to find in Chicago's Gold Coast!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear errynne,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your candid feedback of your most recent stay at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago. I am truly pleased to read that you and your friends were able to relax and find comfort in your suites and that you had the opportunity to explore our exciting and vibrant neighborhood, the glamorous and charming Gold Coast. Thank you for your positive remarks pertaining to our service team. I have shared your comments with the entire staff, for I am sure they will find equally rewarding to learn of your acknowledgement of their efforts to make our guests' visits more pleasant and memorable. We will look forward to welcoming you and your friends back should your travels bring you back to the Windy City.

Naperville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great hotel location with easy access. The staff is, terrific and get to know you and your needs. The location is central to business, restaurants, and great shopping, however it is in a quite location.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Dear Dave S,

Thank you so much for staying at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago during your business trip to the Windy City. I am truly pleased to read that you found the hotel’s location convenient and that you were able to explore and enjoy our charming and entertaining neighborhood, the Gold Coast. Thank you for your positive remarks pertaining to our service team. Comments like yours are what inspire our continued pursuit of excellence in everything we do. We will look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back to Chicago either on business or pleasure.

Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Keeping with the Waldorf Astoria tradition of world-class hospitality and service, the hotel staff meet and exceed my expectations in accommodations and service. Thank you for an elegantly choreographed stay of the highest quality.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Dear Jaye O ,

Thank you so much for choosing the Waldorf Astoria Chicago as your hotel of stay for your business trip to the Windy City and thank you so much for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that your overall visit exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your positive comments pertaining to the quality of our service and accommodations. We highly appreciate your patronage and will look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back our way.

Richard R. Evanich

Been to Waldorf Astoria Chicago? Share your experiences!