“Wonderful stay for family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waldorf Astoria Chicago

Save Saved
You added Waldorf Astoria Chicago to your Saves list
Waldorf Astoria Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 East Walton, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Elysian Hotel Chicago) (Gold Coast)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
10% OFF - Fall Suite Sale
Ranked #6 of 171 Hotels in Chicago
charlotte
“Wonderful stay for family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Location is perfect, just a couple blocks from red line train stop and so many shops and restaurants nearby, including cupcake ATM at sprinkles not a block away! Rooms were fabulous and staff incredibly friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay again

Room Tip: Rooms were very soundproof so any good!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear floridafamily0,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback of your most recent visit. It gives me great pleasure to read that you found the hotel’s location convenient. Our guests do find it to be a treat to have Sprinkle’s ATM just half a block away. I am pleased also to read that you enjoyed your suite and that our service team’s assistance was consistently friendly and efficient throughout your stay. Thank you for choosing the Waldorf Astoria Chicago for your family trip to the Windy City. We are thrilled to read that you will be visiting with us again. Your loyalty is highly valued. We will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you and your family.

Richard R. Evanich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Greenwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

A very chic hotel with an incredible staff that makes you feel welcome as soon as you walk into its grand entrance. The rooms are beautiful with a comfortable bed. Great coffee and delicious breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear dogrescuerGreenwich,

Thank you for your review of your most recent stay at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago. I am truly delighted to learn that you found comfort in your suite and that you enjoyed the various amenities the hotel has to offer, especially our restaurant Balsan and our In Room Dining service. Thank you for your kind words pertaining to our service team. Comments like yours inspire our continued pursuit of excellence in everything we do. We will look forward to welcoming you and your family back, hopefully in the not far future.

New Canaan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

By far the best service and most comfortable, luxurious accommodations. Conveniently located to shopping and restaurants. Food, bar and ambiance is great summer, winter, fall or spring. In room fireplaces add a nice touch. I stay for business and leisure.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Thomas A B,

Thank you so much for choosing us as your hotel of stay for your visits to the Windy city either on leisure or pleasure, and thank you as well for your review of your most recent stay. It gives me great pleasure to read that you find the hotel’s location convenient and that you enjoy the hotel’s ambiance and various amenities. We are truly thrilled to read that we have become your favorite hotel in the city of Chicago. We highly value your loyalty and can’t wait to serve you again should your travels bring you back our way.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I recently spent 3 days in Chicago to unwind. The staff at the Waldorf Astoria went out of their way to make sure our experience was nothing short of first rate. The hotel and our room were excellent, the SPA is first rate, and the proximity of the hotel is perfect. Close to everything but being 2 blocks away from Michigan Ave also means you don't get the constant wave of people. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear X695JGandrewp,

Thank you so much for choosing the Waldorf Astoria Chicago as your hotel of stay for your weekend to relax with your wife and for taking the time to share your candid feedback of your visit. I am pleased to read that you found comfort in your room, that you found the hotel’s location convenient, and that our team was successful in making your stay a little more memorable. We are thrilled to learn that you will be visiting with us again in the future. We highly value your loyalty and will look forward to serving you again, hopefully in the near future.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This place is amazing! My daughters and I stayed here for one night. A girls night out. We had an amazing time. The service was great, I liked the fact that they don't except tips. I didn't have to worry about keeping cash at hand. I would love to go back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear lisa s,

Thank you so much for choosing the Waldorf Astoria Chicago as your hotel of stay for your girls’ night out with your daughters. It gives me great pleasure to read that you had a pleasant time with us and that you enjoyed our no tipping policy, but most importantly, we are delighted to learn that you would like to visit with us again in the future. Your loyalty is highly valued and appreciated. We will look forward to serving you again, hopefully in the not far future.

KINGMAN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Upon check in Nadeem welcomed us and since it was my birthday did an upgrade on our room!! He was friendly, helpful with our questions about our evening plans, and a joy to work with. The room wasn't quite ready (we were very early) and they called as soon as it was available. The room was outstanding!! Beautiful furnishings. Most impressive was the service at this hotel--we checked out next morning but they let us leave our car while we ran a last minute errand...met us at the door with our bags when we got back. We had room service and it was a terrific way to have breakfast. We also both had massages at the spa--very nice but they pushed a certain gratuity (which we did) but I would have liked to have decided this--this was my only complaint during the whole stay was that. We loved it here and would go back!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Queenbee4067,

Thank you so much for celebrating your birthday with us and for taking the time to share your candid feedback of your visit. I am delighted to read that you found comfort in your suite and that you enjoyed some of the various amenities the hotel has to offer, especially our Elysian Spa & Health Club and our In Room Dining Service. I regret to read about your experience when you checked out in our Elysian Spa. I will certainly address your concerns with our Spa Director. Thank you so much for your positive comments pertaining to our service team. Comments like yours truly inspire our team's continued efforts to make our guests’ stay more memorable. Your patronage and loyalty are highly valued. We will look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back to the Windy City.

Mequon, Wisconsin, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I arrived this past Friday around 5pm. I am a Hilton Gold member and stay almost exclusively at Hilton-branded hotels. When I arrived there, I was given a nice welcome and a bottle of water.

I found out my room was only on the 8th floor. I looked at the window and saw that my view was of nothing but a brick wall. I was pretty bummed about this so I called down to the desk to see if they could move me to a high-floor room. My preferences in my profile strictly say "king bed, high floor". At first the manager said that no rooms on higher floors were available, but then all of the sudden she said "oh wait, something just opened up!"

She came up to my room and exchanged keys with me and gave me a key to a room in the 24th floor.

The room had a much better view, several comfortable chairs, an awesome bathtub, a shower, and toilet.

The bed was pretty comfortable and the room was nice and large.

I really appreciated the spa which had awesome locker rooms with a jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. I did not swim in the pool, but it was nice and warm water.

On the same level as the spa, there is a sundeck with chairs that gives a nice 4th floor view of the city.

Each time I had to call the desk, the attendants were kind. They pronounced my last name correctly, which isn't easy.

I appreciated the extra foam pillows delivered to my room, as I have a stiff neck and need firm pillows.

The only thing that I would have liked would have been the Gold Upgrade, which is usually never a problem at Hilton hotels. I guess the place was packed.

The prices are awfully high at this property but worth it. It's located in a great and safe neighborhood so no worry about crime.

Room Tip: High floors, facing the water.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear R.C. W,

Thank you for sharing your feedback of your most recent visit with us. I regret to learn that the view from your suite initially was not to your like; however, I am pleased to read that we were able to change your room to a higher level and that the view was much more pleasant. Thank you for your positive comments pertaining to our Elysian Spa & Health Club. It gives me great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed its amenities including the view from its terrace. I am sorry that we couldn’t offer you an upgrade during this last visit due to the hotel’s high occupancy. I hope you will consider visiting us again in the near future so maybe next time we can offer you the upgrade and you can enjoy a different suite.

Richard R. Evanich

Been to Waldorf Astoria Chicago? Share your experiences!