“best of the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waldorf Astoria Chicago

Orbitz.com Booking.com
Waldorf Astoria Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 East Walton, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Elysian Hotel Chicago) (Gold Coast)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Park & Save in Chicago
Ranked #9 of 167 hotels in Chicago
“best of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Everything in the hotel was perfect. This is truly a five star hotel.
The rooms are very large and comfortable.
The staff is eager to help you with anything that you want.
Great location, a great neighborhood to the north or Michigan Av, Rush and State shopping to the south?

• Stayed July 2013
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Bert0504,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback pertaining to your most recent stay with us. It gives me great pleasure to read that you found comfort in your suite and that our service team was able to efficiently assist you throughout your visit. We truly value your patronage and will look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the not far future.

1,138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

i never write reviews but feel compelled this time. Organized a surprise long weekend to Chicago to celebrate 34th wedding anniversary for my wife. Picked Waldorf for its reputation of excellence. Arrived July 11 and departed July 14th. Hotel is beautiful, clean, well maintained - staff excellent, friendly, extremely well located to good shopping, site-seeing and restaurants. Booked deluxe king with fireplace and got upgraded to suite - it was fantastic!! Have nothing but good things to say until I forgot sunglasses on mantle of fireplace when departing. Called from airport (30 minutes following checkout). Was told room had not been cleaned yet and they would call when glasses were turned in to lost and found. Nothing heard so called 15th. "Sorry, nothing turned in....." So, I am out a $400 pair of sunglasses. Shame on whoever but trip was still great and hotel excellent. Highly recommended but don't forget anything when you leave.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Jack26317,

Thank you for choosing the Waldorf Astoria Chicago as your hotel of stay for your surprise long weekend getaway to celebrate your 34th Wedding Anniversary with you wife. I am truly pleased to read that we were able to offer you an upgrade to one of our suites, but most importantly, I am delighted to read that you and your wife enjoyed it. On the other hand, I would like to apologize for the unfortunate incident with your glasses. I will bring this matter to the attention of our Director of Risk & Safety for internal review. We will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you should your travels bring you back our way.

Mount Arlington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel is just wonderful. It was our first time at the hotel,and we would certainly come back. The staff is great and very helpful. We stayed in the gold coast suite on the 25th floor and it was just beautiful. I cannot say enough good things about the hotel and staff. We tried to tip (unaware of the no tip policy) and we were refused by each employee we tried to tip. As we were checking out, I asked if I could get a cup of coffee for our trip back home, and we were gladly given two cups....again would not take our money. Now how often does that happen?? NEVER!
Waldorf Chicago, you are and will remain NO#1 with us, Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear RoadTripping_16,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. It gives me great pleasure to read that you would like to visit with us again, for your visit was enjoyable. I am also happy to learn that our service team was efficient and helpful throughout your stay and that you enjoyed our no tipping policy. Our team’s philosophy is to serve without an expectation of receiving anything in return, but our guests' desire to stay with us again. We are truly humbled by you choosing us as your number #1 hotel. We truly value your patronage and loyalty and will be looking forward to welcoming you back in the not far future.

Chennai, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had an absolutely amazing experience at the hotel. Roy and Tommy at the front desk took extremely good care of me at check-in / check-out. Melanie on the overnight staff was extremely welcoming after a long day's work. I will highly recommend the property to friends and coworkers in the future. My group had around 10-15 individuals staying at the Waldorf during the week and everyone had great reviews and will likely be back. I coworker stayed the week after with his family and switched their reservation from the Trump because of the great experience the hotel and staff provided. A++++

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Dear H. J,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago. Thank you also for sharing your colleagues’ feedback. I am truly excited to read that our team, especially Tommy, Roy & Melanie took very good care of you during your visit. I will certainly share you kind remarks with the entire team, for comments like yours inspire our continued pursuit of excellence in everything we do. Your patronage and loyalty are highly valued and appreciated. We will look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues back when your travels bring you back our way.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Second stay not the same as the first. Still pretty lobby, good food, fantastic neighborhood. But the slip is showing. The elevators are unbearably slow. I'm not kidding. You stand there for 7-10 minutes. If I wasn't on the 26th floor I would have walked. Be cautious with room choice. Don't book a Waldorf Suite. It's not a suite. It's a room with a divider wall. Kinda claustrophobic. 26th floor and not much light. One sliding glass door with a Juliet balcony but no view to speak of. I mean you do see some lake but the Four Seasons pretty much destroys the view. That being said, its a good option if your a HHonors member.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Jaypowen,

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoy the hotel’s décor, our restaurant Balsan and the hotel’s location. I regret to learn, however, the various inconveniences you experienced during your last stay, especially pertaining to your waiting time for the elevator and your disappointment with the size, layout and view of your suite. I truly hope that you consider staying with us again so you can experience one of our larger suites with a nicer view. We will look forward to welcoming you and your friends back, hopefully in the not far future.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The stay was very relaxing and the atmosphere was beautiful. The staff was very attentive and the food was very good in the restaurant and for in room dining. I would definitely recommend this hotel. It was in a great location to be able to walk to many of the shops and sights. This was my first stay at the hotel and I would certainly stay at the hotel again over any of the others in this area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. It gives me great pleasure to read that you enjoyed the culinary creations from Chef Herve and his team and that our service team was able to efficiently assist your throughout your visit. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you and for expressing your interest in visiting with us again in the future. We will look forward to welcoming you and your family back, hopefully soon!

Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Gorgeous hotel in a great location in the heart of Chicago! Walking distance to the Magnificent Mile. The concierge was incredibly helpful and the hotel staff were top notch! Well worth the $$! We highly recommend!!!

• Stayed June 2013
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Tonya G,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am happy to read that you found the hotel’s location convenient and that our service team was able to efficiently assist you throughout your visit, especially our concierge. Thank you for recommending our hotel. Your patronage is highly valued. We will look forward to serving you again sometime in the near future.

Richard R. Evanich

Been to Waldorf Astoria Chicago? Share your experiences!