“Amazing Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waldorf Astoria Chicago

Save Saved
You added Waldorf Astoria Chicago to your Saves list
Waldorf Astoria Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 East Walton, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Elysian Hotel Chicago) (Gold Coast)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Fall Suite Sale!
Ranked #6 of 169 Hotels in Chicago
“Amazing Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my fiancée. Was greeted by Roman on concierge who upgraded us for FREE! To a suite. This gentleman was utterly professional and the check in process was seamless. The room and facilities were amazing. Tommy on checking out the next day even printed off my boarding card for my flight. All in all an excellent hotel with friendly helpful staff who make you feel welcome and special. Can't wait to return.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Darryl C,

Thank you so much for your candid feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that the team was able to gracefully efficiently assist you throughout your visit, especially Tommy and Roman. I will certainly share you kind comments with the entire staff, for comments like yours inspire our continued pursuit of excellence in everything we do. We will look forward to serving you and your fiancée again, hopefully in the near future.

Richard R. Evanich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Somerset, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was supposed to be a fairly standard stay. I've been here a dozen times with nary an issue. They usually block an upgraded room for me (HH Diamond) and have a few nice amenities waiting. I guess they’re either cutting back or slipping up, or maybe they just stopped caring altogether. It's heartbreaking, to be honest. I was placed in a room beside unnecessarily loud neighbors, with no working AC on a humid Chicago night, and a toilet that would not flush. I called for engineering, but they couldn’t fix it by a reasonable hour; and I couldn’t be moved because the hotel was either sold out or other rooms were already spoken for -- I never got a straight or acceptable answer. I’m fairly disappointed with what’s become of this place, and frankly left with few viable alternatives. I always try to find the best Hilton in any city, and this used to be it by a landslide. Not anymore. Now, I’ll have to give the Conrad a try. Shame.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
WAChicago, Director of Guest Services at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear TomB,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback concerning your recent stay with us. Your patronage and loyalty are greatly valued and appreciated. I am terribly troubled to read the series of inconveniences you went through that caused your visit to be nothing but a disappointment, especially with regard to the lack of AC in your suite, the malfunctioning toilette and the lack of efficiency from our part responding to your request for assistance.
Please allow me the opportunity to personally speak to you to apologize and discuss what we can do to make things right and not lose you as one of your loyal guests. I can be contacted at chad.gordon@waldorfastoria.com, or alternatively, my direct number is (312) 646-1335.

I look forward to the opportunity to regain your faith in our ability to properly serve you.

Apologetically,

Chad Gordon
Director of Guest Services
Atlanta, Gabon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We used HHonors points for this hotel before the recent change in Hilton's policies that took place in March or April 2013. What a treat this place was....beautiful accomodations, excellent service, and so much history in the building itself. Great place!

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Jeffrey M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your suite and the team was able to efficiently assist you throughout your visit. We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the not far future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We have stayed here almost a year ago while our place was being renovated and I did not get a chance to write a review then. We did not get a chance to use the spa then but promised ourselves to come back just to get a massage since we have heard great things about their spa. The perfect opportunity arouse when I wanted to surprise my husband for Father's Day. Naturally I scheduled one for myself-who wouldn't?! The spa facility is a bit small - only if Vegas has spoiled you and the layout is something I would rearrange if I had a chance - who wants to wash hands with a chance of being hit by bathroom door? But that just might be a set back only to uplift you on that massage table! What a relief to know that I found a place for us to come back to! Hard work is our middle name so we always look for something where we can step back and enjoy life... Mark - the artist -yes I called him that- used different techniques to make me feel alive. Needless to say we are coming back!
The stay (last year) was amazing in every perspective. It was last year and I still remember they bought a candle four our in room dinner (we could not go out that night.) When you travel a lot you want to stay in a place that will spoil you or stay in your memories - Elysian/Waldorf Astoria (or Tramp) will do that for you in Chicago.

• Stayed June 2013
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear MoniqueMoniq,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your past experience with us and your most recent visit to our Elysian Spa. It gives me great pleasure to read that you and your husband chose to visit with us again to celebrate such a special occasion, and that you were able to enjoy some of the relaxing services our Elysian Spa has to offer. Thank you for your kind words regarding Mark. I will certainly share your remarks with him and the rest of the staff, for comments like yours inspire our continued pursuit of excellence in everything we do. Your loyalty and patronage are very important to us. We will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Not much to say. The WA in Chicago is just simply a great hotel. We loved that it is understated to the extent it does not have a huge ornate lobby or a bustling bar scene. If you're looking for old-fashioned service, spacious and luxurious rooms and pampering without intrusion, stay here. Everyone is so accommodating and helpful, you feel special from the moment you walk in the door. Spa is tremendous, and you must have a cocktail at the quaint bar. Timeless right down to the bartenders constantly polishing glasses. Have stayed at many fine hotels, and the WA is at the top of my list. There are so many good hotels in Chicago, it is often hard to choose one when you're looking for quality. It's nice to know we don't need to do any research for our next trip.

Dear jamstl,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago. I am truly delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s décor and ambiance and the different amenities it has to offer; especially our Elysian Spa & our quaint boite Bernard’s. We are truly proud and honored to be on top of your list of favorite hotels. Your loyalty is highly valued and appreciated. We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the not far future.

01982, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

beautiful hotel close in a great location. Rooms and spa are impecable. The bathrooms in all the rooms are grand and wall to wall marble. Love the tv behind the mirrors in the bathroom. Just wall-to-wall luxury.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Ingleside, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Staff made us feel special and welcome from start to finish. We needn't lift a finger and we had a wonderful anniversary trip because of it. Didn't make it to the spa; next time! The bed was absolute heaven! That is normally a sticking point with me, and we slept in just to spend a little more time in the wonderful bed. Only one complaint: there is such a thing as too much water pressure, and room 707's shower head is guilty of it. We will be back. Can't wait!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear NevaLouLou,

Thank you so much for sharing your candid feedback regarding your most recent visit, but most importantly, thank you for celebrating such a special occasion with us. I am truly delighted to read that you found comfort in your suite, especially in your bed. I am sorry to read about the high pressure in your shower. I have brought your comments to our Director of Engineering’s attention. Your patronage and loyalty are highly valued and appreciated. We will look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Richard R. Evanich

Been to Waldorf Astoria Chicago? Share your experiences!