“Great hotel and great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waldorf Astoria Chicago

You added Waldorf Astoria Chicago to your Saves list
Waldorf Astoria Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 East Walton, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Elysian Hotel Chicago) (Near North Side)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Suite Savings - 15% off
Ranked #6 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great hotel and great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

There are a number of nice choices available along the so-called Magnificent Mile in Chicago but in my view this is the best. Huge suite rooms, great service, nice and convenient courtyard to pull into. The only negative i'd observe is that there need to be more elevators, but for the most part this was not a problem. Very easy walks to Lincoln Park, area shops and restaurants and the Lake.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear BGosivetti,

Thank you so much for choosing the Waldorf Astoria Chicago as your hotel of stay during your last business trip to Chicago. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the hotel’s location, your suite, the convenience of our courtyard and that our staff was able to efficiently assist you throughout your stay. We will look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future!

Tel: (312) 646-1300

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

After spending two nights here during the week, I can clearly see why this hotel is top rated in Chicago. It is clean, up to date, almost boutique oriented and gives a new feel to an old brand.

I had meetings in a conference room, drinks in the bar, and dinners in the restaurant. All were exceptional. If you can afford it, this is the place to stay.

Stayed October 2012
Dear Robinky,

Thank you so much for posting your review of your recent stay at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago on TripAdvisor. I am so delighted to learn that you truly enjoyed the hotel’s décor, our conference rooms, our restaurant Balsan and our bar Bernard’s. We will look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Chicago either on business or pleasure!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Recent conference here with my husband. Two nights in 1 bedroom suite. The room was absolutely flawless. Clean, well decorated, quiet, bed was very comfortable and lots of down pillows. The bathroom was amazing. Huge walk in shower and large soaking tub. Large dressing area. TV on mirror was nice touch.
Pool very small but lovely. Large gym area.
The only problem we encountered was with room service. There were quite a few meals that were just not up to the standards of the hotel. Oatmeal was very bad. Steak was just average. And for the price of room service that was a disappointment.
Otherwise we loved the hotel and will return. We just won't order in room dining!

• Stayed October 2012
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear PMFANDME,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago. Comments like yours assist us to improve the quality of our products and our daily performance. I am truly sorry to learn that our In Room Dining did not meet your expectations. Your concerns have been brought to our Chef’s attention. I am truly happy, on the other hand, to learn that you enjoyed your suite, with all of its unique amenities, and our Fitness Center. We will look forward to our next opportunity to properly serve you when your travels next bring you to Chicago.

london uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 days to see the Ryder Cup ( we won!) . Husbands went off to the golf, we shopped and used the Spa. Every thing about the hotel just fab, no tipping policy was good, made you want to do it even more! So easy to get to shops, beach, restaurants, all within 5 mins walk of hotel. Staff great at recommendations and very keen to help.

• Stayed September 2012
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear janesullivan1,

Thank you so much for choosing the Waldorf Astoria Chicago as your hotel of stay during the Ryder Cup. I am thrilled to learn that you had the opportunity to enjoy our Spa and the different restaurants and shops around our hotel. Thank you also for your kind comments regarding our service staff. We will look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in the perfect location. Lovely rooms with fireplaces and two bathrooms. Loved the decor and linens. Service was exceptional. Breakfast was good but selection somewhat limited. Enjoyed the special treat left in our room with a note from the general manager welcolming us to the hotel. Hotel has a no tip policy.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Judy3720,

Thank you so much for posting your review of your recent stay at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your hotel room, with all of its unique amenities, the hotel’s location, the décor and our no tipping policy. We truly appreciate your feedback! I am sorry that the breakfast menu did not meet your expectations. Your comments have been brought to our Chef’s attention. We will look forward to our next opportunity to properly serve when your travels next bring you to Chicago, hopefully soon!

Louisville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This has to be the best hotel experience that I have had in years. Check-in was smooth and everyone at the hotel was friendly and incredibly nice.

The room as huge and the bath even bigger. The television in the bathroom displays on one of the mirrors at the sink.

Bellmen and valet were great
Room service was very fast, the food hot...and the server nice.

THEY DO NOT TAKE TIPS AT THE HOTEL. I was floored, because believe me this was service worth tipping. It was nice not to worry about tipping or having cash to tip

All the concierges were terribly knowlegable......gave me their card if we needed to call while we were out. Recommendations were dead on. The museum of science to see the submarine...great suggestion

The only problem...we left the morning of the Chicago Marathon. I asked two times (called down to the front desk on two different days) if it would be difficult getting a cab that morning. I was told no by two different people.
Sunday rolls around...700am...we check out, and the front desk person asks if we have our own car. When we told her no, she was paused and informed me it would be impossible to get a cab. She said the subway was our only hope. That would mean walking with bags and two children a few blocks, taking a train, and then transferring!! I was so not happy. I would have reserved a car!

The best part is we walk out the hotel...NO BELLMAN anywhere???? The street was dead. My husband sees a cab drive by...he runs, with two bags he is carrying...I mean really runs... and flags it.....we have a ride to the airport

That saved the end of the trip. But, the hotel has got to get little details like that straight. I asked twice, on two different days. "that won't be a problem getting a cab", I was told.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear LouisvilleWildcatfan,

Thank you so much for the review of your recent stay at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago. I am terribly sorry to learn about the last part of your stay; I apologize for the inconsistencies you experienced in the quality of our service.

We are grateful for your feedback, because comments like yours is what helps us to continuously improve our daily performance and products. I am truly sorry that this learning experience had come at your expense.

I am glad, however, to read that you enjoyed the rest of your stay, especially your suite, our In Room Dining, our concierge suggestions, and our no tipping policy. On behalf of the team, I will look forward to our next opportunity to properly serve you when your travels next bring you and your family to Chicago.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

We had a great weekend everything was perfect until I slipped in the beautiful washroom. Washroom was all Marble! classy and clean. The problem is the colour tone was grey and white. Water coming from the shower is not noticeable.
Easy accident waiting to happen. I told the manager this is a law suit waiting to happen. They need to put in a big era rug that can absorb water and protect their guests from slipping and hurting themselves and a possible law suit. I sure hope they listened to me and took me seriously. I am back home with a troubled back,sore neck and stiff leg.

Frank

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
WAChicago, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Chicago, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Frank M,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago. I am terribly sorry to learn about your accident. This unfortunate incident has been brought to our Risk & Safety department’s attention so that we can take immediate action and prevent any other accidents. We will look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future so that we can craft a new true memorable experience for you and your friends.

Tel: (312) 646-1300

Been to Waldorf Astoria Chicago? Share your experiences!