“Clean quite room for a good night sleep” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare

You added Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5615 N Cumberland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60631 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Barcelo - O'Hare Arpt) (O'Hare)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #115 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
McLean, VA
“Clean quite room for a good night sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009

Clean room with very comfortable bed, large bathroom, free airport shuttle every half hour and nice fitness center. There seemed to a malfunction with the Pay per View system the night I was there so I was able to watch the adult channel for free.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2008

I stay at the hotel quite often, at least one week a month. Working for an airline, I am in and out of O'hare daily. My average wait for the shuttle pick up from the airport is an hour. Everyday the front desk tells me it will be 15-20 mins, but it takes an hour. Be prepared to wait!
Front desk is always friendly and helpful.
Resturant is your typical hotel food, not great but will sufice and over priced.
Rooms are are and I have never had a problem with them. I did end up with a Chicago Car Show booth blueprint in my room during the midst of my stay (it was not in the desk when I checked in, not sure how it "appeared" in my room).

• Liked — Nice rooms, close to the airport.
  • Disliked — Shuttle Service from the airport!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2008

I had a horrible experience at this hotel. I travel ALOT, and I've seen everything. But nothing like this. I was in Chicago speaking at a conference and the Holiday Inn was in a convenient spot for me to stay for the night. The hotel's shuttle was suppose to pick me up from the airport in the morning. I waited 30 minutes and I saw no Holiday Inn Shuttle. Called the hotel and spoke with the Front Desk Manager. She explained the shuttle had already returned from the airport. She told that the next pick up would be in 20 minutes and that I should wait for that. Remind you this is Chicago and its freezing outside waiting!!!! The shuttle came for me and we returned to the hotel. I went to go check in next. Went through the check in process and was given my key to my room. When I got to room and opened the door, the room was already OCCUPIED! Walked all the way back to the front desk and told the lady the room was occupied. She gave me another room key. Went to this room and that one was occupied as well!!! I couldn't believe this happened twice! I went back to the desk and demanded to speak to a manager. The lady that checked me in twice to two occupied rooms was the Front Desk Manager!!! Unbelieveable! She finally found me an empty room and offered me a complimentary drink. Yippee! The overnight was fine, but my wake up call was late. Which I specifically told the Front Desk Manager I need to be up by 6am not 7am. Ditsy Manager or just bad luck?? You be the judge of that.

• Disliked — Being checked in to occupied rooms.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2008

The hotel is good and we had everything that we wanted. The price was also reasonable. We paid 120 dollars per night
and there were 2 queen size bed so four of us accommodated comfortably. There were even extra blankets.
The staff was also courteous and the good thing was that we did not have to interact with them much as everything we wanted we got it in the hotel from the microwaves to heat the milk for my son to the refrigerator and the Television for entertainment.
The complimentary breakfast provided by the hotel was awesome.
I would recommend everyone to stay there especially the tourist who know little about the hotels and are demanding customers.

• Liked — Facilities
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
vancouver, bc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2008

I stayed at this hotel last weekend and it exceeded my expectations. Check in was very easy, and the person in charge upgraded our room without us even asking. The room was clean, bathroom was huge and clean as well. lots of towels and pillows! the parking was free, which is a great thing. the hotel is very close to the blue line station, so it's easy to get to downtown without a car. I didn't eat at the hotel except for one breakfast which was ok, but not the greatest. still, I can't complain! I really enjoyed my stay and definitely recommend this hotel, great return for the price you pay.

• Liked — staff, cleanliness
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
Peoria, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2008

I was in town for Chicago's beautiful fall weather. Receieved a great price online and made a weekend of it. My family arrived at the hotel. Check-In was a breeze. Front Desk Staff was pleasant and one was a gentlemen who gave us great directions to Downtown Chicago. He made sure they were simple and easy to understand. Later that night we arrived back to the hotel. Our room was fine, all but the bathroom. The toilet would not flush! We called down to the front desk and spoke to the Manager. She was very rude and sarcastic when we spoke to her. She pretty much told us to deal with it until they could send someone up. The hotel was booked and they could not find us another room. An hour past with nothing. I called back down to talk to the manager but was informed she left for the night without dealing with our room. The gentleman at the desk reassured me that he would take care of the problem. He was able to find us a vacant room, that the Manager said was not available. He saved the night. The rest of our stay was wonderful in beautiful Chicago!

• Liked — Front Desk Staff
  • Disliked — Manager at front desk & broken toilet,
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
ND
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2008

This hotel was was OK. The front desk staff could really use some training. It seems like they were nice, and tried to be helpful but simply don't have the skills or training.

The rooms were good, roomy, clean and updated. The beds and pillows were great. Was a very nice lobby, great location, and reasonable rates.
There isn't a fan in the bathroom, which was surprising.

The restaurant wasn't good. We had 2 dinner entrees at Mirrors Restaurant, one pasta dish and one sandwich, neither were very good. We were there about 9pm on a Thursday. There was only 1 server, so service was not great either.

It certainly didn't exceed our expections. In fact, I'm not sure it met our expectations either. I guess I've stayed at some very nice Holiday Inn's with fantastic service, so possibly I've been spoiled.

• Liked — The location was good, easily accessible to mass transportion.
  • Disliked — The service.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!