“Good for a business trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare

You added Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5615 N Cumberland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60631 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Barcelo - O'Hare Arpt) (O'Hare)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20%
Ranked #115 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Good for a business trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I booked for 2 nights at this hotel. I had to pass a USMLE exam and service was good. Room was clean and they have frige, microwave, HD TV, two queen beds and nice view from the window.
The bad thing is there is heavy construction site near the hotel and nothing fancy to see.
The location is fairly close to many restaurants. Its about 20-25 minutes away from South Michigan Avenue.
I had a relaxing sleep at night before the start of my next test.
Best part of the hotel is the bar (Louie), the service was good. The bar scene looks great and they serve food. They also have nice people in there.

I recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Richard J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, September 30, 2014
Hi Bravo1982,

Thank you for your feedback, we truly appreciate it. We are pleased that you were able get a relaxing nights sleep before your USMLE exam. Thanks again and we hope to see your during your next trip to the Chicago area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Charlotte, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The front desk staff is great, very friendly and helpful. Location is good, close ro the airport (which makes it a little loud). Rooms are clean but very old and in need of an update. Breakfast buffet is grose and way overpriced. I will not stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear girons,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad to see that you left some feed back on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. I certainly appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. I am truly sorry to hear that the breakfast served during your travel did not live up to your expectations. Rest assured that the issues you have raised have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Madison
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed the night before my 6 am flight and left my car for 3 days. The check in was efficient and had posted times for the shuttle so I didn't need to worry about early morning transfer. Room was very clean and quiet. Parking on the second level was ok, but I couldn't find a direct access to the hotel from the lot and had to walk down the ramp and around to front entrance. The bath rum plumbing is coming out of the wall, but everything was clean, so not a big deal.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Hi JK2748,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean and quiet rooms. I am sorry for the inconvenience you encountered entering our building from the 2nd floor parking garage. We value your feedback and will document and review these procedures. Thanks again and we hope to see you during your next trip to O'Hare
Fishers, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Travelled to Chicago to celebrate our son's graduation from Columbia College. Downtown options were ridiculous...so we ending up pushing closer to the airport where accommodations were at least reasonably priced for the area. The rooms were comfortable. Traffic was a bit of a challenge due to construction. There seemed to be more people than parking, but we managed. This was no frills, a little tired and definitely no free breakfast. We basically needed a place to sleep-and this worked fine for what we needed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Kn00kie,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is pleasing to know that our comfortable rooms worked suitably for your needs. I am disappointed to know you did not enjoy your overall experience with us, and apologize for the parking situation. Thank you for bringing this up to our attention and rest assured, these issues will be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

If you don't plan to spend a lot of time in a hotel room but want to do the city at a reasonable price this is a usually a great deal.
Across the (busy) street you can easily get on the blue line and take it into the city. The rooms are clean. They do need to add more parking though and it would be nice if they did shuttle you to and from the park and ride because it is a short walk especially if it's really busy or dark.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hi HMRUNI,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our close proximity to the Cumberland Blue Line station and our clean rooms. We hope that you will return during your next trip to the Chicago area.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This hotel is about three miles from the airport. I was put there by the airline after missing my connecting flight home on 4th July. The room was fine, but I was kept awake for hours by the noise of fireworks, so I am guessing that the double glazing is a bit tired.

The person on the front desk when I checked in was friendly and efficient, given that he had to handle a long line of tired people in the same situation I was in.

However, there were two issues that would make me hesitate to recommend the hotel, or stay there again. One was that I had to wait an inordinately long time for the shuttle - about an hour and a half - from making the first call. A couple waiting with me who had been bumped after an international flight were so frustrated by the wait that they paid to stay at the hotel in the terminal. We had both called reception a couple of times and were given ETAs that were simply not true.

The other issue was, given my shuttle experience the previous evening, I asked the person on duty the next morning to call a taxi for me as I had slept through my alarm and was running late. She argued that the shuttle would get me there on time. Finally she called the taxi company and, when she was given what turned out to be the accurate time of ten minutes, she said 'please cancel it' without consulting me, and put the phone down. This led to a further delay and ultimately I had to ask her once again to call the taxi, which did arrive before the shuttle left, and I caught my flight.

I think that there is a pressing need for customer care training and perhaps more effective supervision. It's a big hotel that probably handles hundreds of bumped passengers each year. I didn't feel respected and it left a poor impression of Chicago and that particular hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Michelle R, Front Office Supervisor at Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
We regret that the service provide was not welcoming. Our priority is to ensure all guests receive superior customer service. We appreciate your comments and thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. We hope you give us another opportunity on you next visit to Chicago.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We had several hotels to pick from but choose this holiday inn....bad choice. No mater what we asked for the answer was "no". Triple a discount...yes but not for you so, no. Clean bathtub? No silly traveler. But you have a hot tub? No. Ahh but you have breakfast? Yes if you want to pay $14 for the slop at bar louie. Oh we can eat at bar louie...great! Not really....food was horrible only outdone by poor service. Guy at counter was nice but if u want ANY inclusions...well keep riding to another hotel. We travel a lot and this is one of the worst we have stayed at....good news is we stayed at marriot the next night...as we travel our money will now go to marriot.

Room Tip: A good room is ANY other hotel inluding a super 8