“Perfect Lunch Time Special” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jaipur

Jaipur
847 W. Randolph St., Chicago, IL 60686 (West Loop)
312-526-3655
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jaipur is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #855 of 8,489 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighborhood: West Loop
Cross street: Peoria St.
Transit: West Loop
Calgary, Alberta
“Perfect Lunch Time Special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have to start by saying how much I love Indian food and how picky I can be when it comes down to rating it. That being said. . . the food at this place is fantastic! Every dish in the special was made perfectly with high quality, fresh ingredients. I ordered the tiki masala chicken in addition to the special that came with a salad, rice, butter chicken, two veggie dishes, tandori chicken and of course nan bread. Luckily, I was with two friends because there was a lot of food! And plenty of left-overs.

It was a beautiful day, not too busy and we sat outside on the patio - which is a perfect place to sit, especially if you like to feel like you are part of the hustle and bustle of Randolph Street.

To top off the great food - the service was prompt, efficient and allowed us to take our time.

Please go to this place if you love Indian Food!

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Mankato, Minnesota
“Friendly, helpful staff, only beat by the food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Went here as a person who doesn't know Indian food extremely well. The staff took the time and effort to ask what I like and then went through the whole menu.

I settled on a Kingfisher beer, chicken tikka masala and garlic nan. It was soooo good I wish I had a fridge in my hotel to save the leftovers.

The staff were friendly and engaged me in conversation beyond the necessary. I met a charming young polish bartender named Marta who was delightful.

I come to Chicago regularly and I will definitely frequent this restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Dreadful service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Extremely poor service. Food brought out intermittently allowing some of us to eat first while the rest had to wait for their orders. Naan got cold while waiting for the curries. And then they had the audacity to add a 20% gratuity, probably knowing they would not have gotten that otherwise. Advise staying away on busy nights!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Great Indian Food !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have been to this place several times. They never disappointed me. Nice quiet ambience. Food is very tasty. Service is prompt. Price might look a bit high, but their potion size is pretty good.
Tips:
1.Try their appetizers. They are the best.
2. Always order mild or medium level of spice for your food. Otherwise, it might turn out to be to hot/spicy to handle.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin
“Liked It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Visited as walk-ins not knowing what to expect. Food and service were excellent. Prices very reasonable. Glad we decided to try it. We have been to Chicago many times but this was our first visit to the West Randolph restaurant area. We checked out some other restaurants that have great reviews but found them over crowded and far too noisy for conversation (you will know which ones if you've been in this neighborhood). Jaipur was great because you can talk without yelling and carry on a conversation in a relaxed atmosphere. Definitely worth a visit!