“Thank you!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 South Franklin, Chicago, IL 60606 (Downtown / The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #59 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Berkeley, California
“Thank you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I accidentally left my Bose quiet comfort headphones on my bed and then checked out and went to the airport...and didn't realize I had left them until I was seated on the plane ready to fly out! I called La Quinta Loop and they checked the room and found them and told me they would send them out to me in California, before I had to turn off my phone!

They arrived today, safe and sound! Thank you very much La Quinta!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
paulinek
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed here weekend before Thanksgiving. Found the location convenient to transportation and walkable to Art Institute. Area was a little deserted in the evening, not too many restaurants open.
Biggest complaint was the heating system. When we lowered the thermostat a fan kicked in that was a little noisy. This came on and off throughout the night. Breakfast was good, but a little more variety would have been nice.

Kenton, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We went on a shopping trip in November, The rooms are fresh very clean and in great shape the bed is just wonderful, But beware if you are on the second floor close to the Kitchen the smell of the food comes in the room trough the vent, When Breakfast is being cooked. other that that its a great hotel! for the price and not a bad walk to Michigan Ave. Parking is 40 per night

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Priceline reservation, turned out to be perfect. Great location for our needs, we were coming from the Orange line from Midway. About two blocks to Wells/Washington stop. Room was very clean, staff very friendly - met all of our needs and requests. Pool area also very clean. Would definitely choose to stay at this hotel when visiting downtown Chicago again in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The front desk was very friendly and a man carried my bag for me saying he couldn't let a pretty lady carry her own bag, it would make the hotel look bad! Check in was easy. The lobby is nice. The rooms are nicely decorated and the linens are comfortable. What others say about the hotel lacking bathroom toilitries is true-there are two bars of soap and one tiny shampoo/conditioner from an off-brand supplier. Definitely bring your own toilitires. However, I would rather have free breakfast and a fridge/microwave in the room than more bathroom toilitries that I probably wouldn't use anyway! Also, there is a Keurig stocked with Caribou Coffee which is a luxurious ammenity, although I've never been a fan of the Keurig. There was a little noise from the El, but I fell asleep just fine and never woke up to it. Breakfast is pretty good as far as free breakfasts go.

Location - we have stayed in better, more central locations every other time we have visited, so it was just a little off the beaten bath for us but still walkable to Michigan Ave. We pricelined this hotel and paid a little more than we're used to, especially for the star level, but we did come to town during the festival of lights. If you're coming for touristy things, I might suggest looking at a more central location first - although you do have to pay for the location.

Overall it was a pleasant stay and I would recommend to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was excited to win this hotel on Priceline given it's good reviews. It does live up to the reviews. The hotel is bright, clean, and modern inside and out. Hotel staff was friendly during my minimal interaction with them. Our room was large, and appeared even more spacious due to the high ceilings and large bathroom. There is a large stand-up glass shower. We had a king room with mini-fridge and microwave. Our room looked over Franklin street. The only complaint I had was that the room doors slam shut very loudly and can be fairly bothersome if you're nursing a hangover early in the morning. You could loudly hear people talking in the halls. There was also some traffic noise from the street, even 5 floors up. Otherwise, the hotel was very good. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I could not be more happy with our recent stay here! - We booked through Hotwire.com, and initally were not sure how pleased we would be with La Quinta as we had never stayed in one before.
The room was great, the building was really nice, free breakfast every day, and perhaps most importantly - the staff was very friendly and helpful.
We will definitely stay here again -- thanks, La Quinta Chicago employees for being so great!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown? Share your experiences!