“Great neighbourhood Italian” 5 of 5 stars

Cross street: Lawrence Ave
Transit: Brown Line - Stop at Western
“Great neighbourhood Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We were so impressed by this restaurant, in particular the san giuseppe seafood pasta, that we went back a second time. Although they did not have the special the second time they prepared the meal especially for us. The staff are amazingly helpful and knowledgeable about wine and food.

“Wonderful Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this little gem on Lincoln square and were blown away by the quality of food and service. It equals or excels the kind of food you'd find in an Italian restaurant in Italy itself. We returned 3 days layer and the charismatic and friendly waitress that served us previously took our table again and surprisingly remembered everything that we had ordered on the first visit!

I strongly recommend listening attentively to the specials, as they showcase the kitchen's creative talent.

Don't miss this!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Very good authentic Italian food, nice owner.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We checked out at the hotel and with our luggages decided to go to Lincoln Square because the flight was in the afternoon. We stopped around 1 p.m. at Trullo and went to the bar.
It wasn't the first visit.

The owner Giovanni is Italian, an Inter Milan fan: so am I (both). We watched the game on TV together and he had us put our luggages in the back room, so we didn't have to worry about them.

The food was good both times, it is pretty authentic and well cared for. I also enjoyed sitting at the bar sipping wine (good choices, good prices) and eat some italian antipasto, a mix of prosciutto, salame (or salami as it's called in the USA), cheeses, olives etc..

I love this place, and it has a lot to do with Giovanni, the food and the wine. And yes, he is an Inter Milan fan...that's a plus! :)

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Love the service and the wine!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Nice place, food was good, had a great waiter and the wine he recommended was awesome. Will be going back soon.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina
“Average meal!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

While visiting my daughter in Chicago, we decided to have lunch here. My husband enjoyed his ravioli. My daughter and I ordered the fettuccine bolognese. It was average at best. I took my leftovers back to the hotel. My husband had them for dinner. He was not impressed. Service was excellent.

• Visited November 2012