“Should have been better...” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's The Steakhouse - Chicago - Wacker Place is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #465 of 8,381 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Michigan Avenue
Transit: Nearest El stop: Brown/Purple/Green/Orange/Pink Lines - State/Lake or Randoph/Wabash Red Line - State/Lake Blue Line - Clark/Lake
London, United Kingdom
“Should have been better...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We had high expectations...
Steaks could have been better...
Service could have been better too…
Wine by the glass has very restricted choices.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Harrow, Canada
“Fantastic Finish to our weekend in Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Mortons was great choice to complete our long weekend in Chicago. Wonderful steak and seafood combo. Great service . Thank you.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Power down and right back up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

One of my go-to places after work, Morton's "power hour" never fails to recharge a tired soul. The menu hits all the right notes in my book. I never tire of the crab cake BLT's and the parmessan truffle fries - so much better than many overpriced and pretentious joints in the city. Bar bites and drinks are truly great deals for the budget-conscious. Staff is always lovely. The atmosphere is pretty laid back - and for being near one of the busiest crossroads of downtown Chicago, I'm always surprised it's not more packed. All the better for me and friends that there's usually a table for us to unwind, without reservations. During the summer, the streetside patio is so relaxing. What's more, it's not just happy hour, the party prices are good through midnight on most days!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hanover, Ontario
“Worth the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had a great meal here. To start you get a full loaf of onion bread which is delicious. I started with the French Onion soup which was some of the best I have ever had. My husband had the spinach salad with warm bacon dressing. It was good but I liked my soup better. We both had the filet with the potatoes au gratin on the side. Everything was cooked perfectly. Good steak experience.

Visited October 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“As expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I must preface this review with the fact that I am indeed a food snob, especially when it comes to steaks. I have had the best steak ever in my hometown, Oklahoma City, at The Ranch, and no other steak can compare. I'm still hoping one day to be wrong... That said, Mortons is definitely a top notch steakhouse. The atmosphere is very pleasant, the bar is lively and the dining is romantic, friendly, business-like, whatever your needs are, they will be met. The staff is very friendly and prompt. The blue cheese wedge salad was ginormous and delicious! The bone-in ribeye and filet are good - but they won't blow you away. The sweet potatoes with cinnamon and pecan topping was AMAZING! You almost can eat it as a dessert and we wished we did because the chocolate lava cake was so-so. The cake tasted like a frozen dessert that they microwaved. All in all it's a very nice place, it just didn't knock my socks off like I'm always hoping for when I eat steak.

• Visited October 2013