“LOVE theWit!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Irvine, California
“LOVE theWit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have only great things to say about this hotel. I first visited theWit for a conference and they handled our small meeting needs along with an event for 300 on theRoof with great attention to detail and first class service. Being from Chicago I have experienced many of the local hotels and this one definitely makes the top of my list. I recommend it to anyone travelling to the city either for pleasure or business. I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
PFamilyMiami, General Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
We LOVE that you LOVE theWit and the experiences here. We have shared these great reviews with all team members so that we can continue to deliver. We anxiosly await repeat visits as well as new friends.

-Mark Shouger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The hotel has a great free breakfast, friendly staff, delicious warm cookies, and a phenomenal location. The rooftop bar is also pretty fun, but can be expensive. I will be staying here again the next time I am in Chicago.

My only major complaints was when I would try to sleep I could still hear the artificial bird chirping noise outside that the hotel plays as its supposed to be soothing. Also when I was trying to sleep the phones in the rooms glow and I could not figure how to turn off the bright light.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the great reviews. Sound & Light features commented on are easily addressed, and our team can share the "secrets" with all guests upon arrival. We will certainly address the communication on this, internally.

Regards,

Mark Shouger
Stephenville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

From the front desk staff, the conceirge, and the staff in the restaurant, this hotel is a jewel and the staff are AWESOME. Diamond Club member for Hilton Honors and this is one of the best properties I have stayed in and it is a Doubletree with the great cookies. Pete the Assistant Manager in the restaurant along with wait staff Nick were very helpful and we continued to eat there because of them. I highly recommend this hotel and it is in a GREAT location...within walking distance to the theater and shopping.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had a stay last week in Chicago for a meeting for 2 days and spent the weekend for St. Patricks day. I stayed here for two nights and the Palmer House for two nights. The rate was pretty pricy and that is why I chose the Palmer House for the two days I had to pay for out of pocket and wish not I woudl have just paid the additional $ and stay here instead, would have been well worth it.

My Hilton diamond status was recognized at check in and received an upgrade to a Spa room (no suites were avialable and I was very happy with this upgrade). I am not one who is big on baths but my girlfriend and I both loved the soaking tub. We didn't arrive at the hotel until 11 p.m. and I was still able to get a workout in because the fitness center is 24/7!!!! Another big plus. The Wit's fitness center didn't have nearly the equipment of the Palmer House gym, but it had all the cardio equipment I wanted and it was great being able to get in a midnight workout and the view out the windows from the Eliptical machines is great.

No lounge, but as crowded as the Chicago hilton lounges are wasn't a big deal I guess. The great breakfast more than made up for it. Plenty of hot choices in the restaraunt for the free diamond breakfast. Definitely the best Hilton property breakfast I have had in chicago, and one of the best ones in the US.

Security is great in the building. You need to use your room key in the elevator to get to your floor at all times. And the lighting and sounds in the hallways is really cool.

And the location couldn't be beat. Near many theaters and restaurants and the L is next to to the hotel.

As others have mentioned this isn't a cheap hotel and is pricy, but worth every penny.

Room Tip: Request a spa room if you like a corner room and soaking tub
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
PFamilyMiami, General Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for detailed reviews that highlight that theWit is certainly More Experience Than Hotel. We are excited to continue to have such positive feedback as we approach our 4th Anniversary for theWit, State and Lake Chicago Tavern, ROOF, SCREEN, Spa@theWit and Events @theWit.

The fact that we have embraced and have been embraced so well by the neighborhood area within the LOOP of Chicago is humbling. We are thrilled to be in the best location in the city for business, leisure and group travel- so close to theaters, parks, shopping, all public transportation and more.

We eagerly await repeat visits.

-Mark Shouger
Plymouth, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed in a Junior Suite for a couple of nights and it was very large and nice. Huge living area that included a small kitchenette - though we didn't use that much. Beautiful, big view out to the city through a wall of windows. Great location with easy walking to shopping, dining, parks. Shower was strange and spilled into the bathroom when used (I think we had a handicapped room) but just used some extra towels to mop it up. Was a different layout than a standard hotel - a bit funky - and that was a nice change. Rooftop bar is beautiful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MShouger, General Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thanks for the kind review and your Wit and Brand loyalty. The team is excited to have hosted you at State and Lake Chicago Tavern throughout your visit, and especially that the team made all feel so welcomed.

We will all eagerly wait repeat visit(s)- next spring break and hopefully before!

Regards,

Mark Shouger
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

One of the best in Chicago!!! Stayed a weekend with some friends and we never had to leave... Everything from State & Lake to Roof made our stay perfect... High end service without the stuffy attitude...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I recently stayed at the Wit over St. Patrick's Day weekend and could not have been more pleased with the room and the service. Right away at check in, we were greeted with delicious cookies which is nice after a long day of traveling. Our room was not ready but they called us as soon as it was and that was greatly appreciated. We stayed in a junior suite and the room was gorgeous, a ton of room and a beautiful floor to ceiling window overlooking State St & some of the Chicago River. Really worth spending the extra money on suite for room to entertain friends. Very clean room and housekeeping was great. Friendly staff. Would stay here again!

Room Tip: Spend the extra couple dollars for a suite, you'll love it. Nice room for entertaining guests wi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton? Share your experiences!