“Amazing Service” 5 of 5 stars

Pick Your Perk
Ranked #34 of 167 hotels in Chicago
“Amazing Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I travel for work monthly. From the moment of check-in I was pleasantly surprised and impressed by the high level of service. The front desk agent was very friendly and repeatedly called me by my name. The room was spotless and bar on the Rooftop was hoppin. I'll definitely go back.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PFamilyMiami, General Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you.

We are thrilled that you experienced theWit and ROOF on theWit in such a positive way. We will share your kind words, and we will eagerly await your repeat visits.

Regards,

Mark Shouger
theWit Hotel
Chicago

1,074 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I really did my research trying to find a nice place for me and my children to stay when traveling to Chicago for a gymnastics meet. When I came across the Wit, it had great reviews and the pictures looked awesome! However, I was very disappointed. The rooms were okay, but nothing special. I had a decent view of the city. It is also located in a great area, and everything is within walking distance. However, the night we arrived, my daughter’s bedspread was dingy and had blood on it. She did not use the bedspread after she found it, but decided to wait until the next day to call for a new one, because everyone else was already asleep. The next day when we asked for a bedspread they brought us a "clean" one. However, it was dingy and had blood on it too. It was disgusting and after that I just thought the hotel was dirty. After we received the second dirty comforter, I called and asked to speak with a manager. I was told he was giving a VIP a tour of the property and he would call me once finished. He never called, so obviously he didn’t care. I will never stay there again and would not recommend it. There are hotels that are less expensive and much nicer in great areas in Chicago.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
PFamilyMiami, General Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We are equally disappointed in the events described here, and I am personally disappointed as this was not brought to my attention by our team. This is certainly atypical of the environment in which we operate- all the way around. We have identified the timing of this report and team members involved so that we may assess what may have transpired, and ensure that like incidents cannot recur. I will be reaching out personally, at this time, as well.

Regards,

Mark Shouger
Carpentersville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had a free night from Hotels.com so got to stay here for little to nothing. Very nice hotel great location. Lobby was smaller than thought. Valet was 50 a night for parking, right down the street you can self park for far cheaper. The skydeck was amazing with great views didnt get to stay long as we had our baby with us but we did eat at State and Lake which was very good. Room was great no complaints. The bed was ok didnt sleep that great as the room was cold but we kept getting to hot and lots of sirens as well throughout the night which is not representative of the hotel itself which was amazing and great staff who got us a crib and gave us baby products as well as a nice gesture

Ada, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Was here for a board retreat and the property was in the heart of the loop on State and Lake which made it great for an easy walk to shopping, theaters, etc. The meeting rooms and the service were top rate. The catering in the meeting rooms was also superb...we had continental breakfasts and afternoon snacks, all of which were well done and well presented.
The rooms were well appointed although the king room had a chaise which wasn't as nice as two side chairs for sitting and talking.
Checkin and checkout were a breeze, the staff attentive, friendly and helpful. Warm cookies at Check In are never a bad idea...but it was a bit wierd to be charged for wifi at a luxury hotel when you get it free at the Holiday Inn Express....

Room Tip: upper floors (at least 8 or above) the noise of the elevated train running next to the hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ridgeland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This hotel was outstanding from the minute of check in to check out - we stayed 3 days, the staff was so very friendly, the lady that checked us in, Danielle, I think, was awesome. The room was wonderful, clean and the location is perfect! This hotel is definitely managed very well as you can see it throughout the staff! We will definitely be back!

NASHVILLE TENNESSEE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Enjoyed my stay at theWIT. Arrived about 1pm and Andrea promptly checked me into a great room. She was very courteous and made me feel at home! The room was large with a very comfortable bed, linens and a large sofa that was great to stretch out on.

Carla at the conceirge desk was also very sweet and helpful if i had any questions. Also thanks to Jonah at the bell desk.

highly recommend theWIT

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Wit has an intriguing history and name, yes it's short for "Witty," so is it funny? If you have a warped sense of humor, Andy Warhol-ish, perhaps. The staff are polite, cool, if a tad self-absorbed, but responsive if engaged. Location is great; rooms are adequate; restaurant is mixed with interesting menu that fell short in my two breakfasts and one dinner, but I love the drinks! Give it a go, you won't be disappointed and the price is reasonable in contrast to other hotels nearby.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators. My Profile with Amex Travel specifies that clearly, but I still got a room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PFamilyMiami, General Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
We aim to live up to theWit potential in each and every area. Thank you for feedback and perspectives that WILL help us to excel.

-Mark Shouger

Been to theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton? Share your experiences!