“We had the best 2-night stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
1893 World’s Fair Offer
Ranked #31 of 169 hotels in Chicago
Chicago, Illinois
“We had the best 2-night stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We came to Chicago to celebrate my husbands birthday.We wanted a fun and relaxing time. This staff definitely gave us that and much more. This hotel is perfectly located to Michigan Avenue. The people who work there are the nicest and most helpful of any hotel I have stayed at in Chicago and we've stayed in many. They always ask you how your stay is going and offer help with anything you need. Jordan Henders was our absolute favorite and made sure our stay was something very special for my husband and myself as it was his birthday. The free admission to the Roof Top was awesome! The beautiful birds churping in the hallways were a nice touch.
My favorite so far!

Room Tip: I would stay up as high as you can. Beautiful views!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MShouger, General Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Our guests are the best! Thank you for the continued positive and detailed reviews. We look forward to hosting you each an every day of the year.

-Mark Shouger

1,241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Elk Grove Village
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed at theWit on January 12, 2013. We thouroughly enjoyed our stay - the room was excellent, but it was the service that stood out at this hotel. Everyone from the valets, to the front desk personnel, and the wait staff went out if their way to provide the highest level of service. There was one person though that stood out - the concierge - Travis provided fantastic service and really made our stay memorable. It is employees like him that make the difference when deciding on a hotel. theWit should be proud to have someone like this on their staff. Thank you to everyone, but a special Thank You to Travis.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

If you value good service and attention to detail, this is not a good choice. Room service is very slow. The first night I ordered they told me it would take 40 to 50 minutes and it took over an hour and two additional phone calls. The second night they said 20 minutes, it has been 45 and no delivery. There is a spa menu in the room and the items offered have changed and the prices increased but the menu has not been changed to reflect this.

It's a good location, rooms are bright and cheerful and clean, but the service is really slow.

Room Tip: Some rooms have kitchens and some have upgraded bathrooms, so ask what kind of room you are getting.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MShouger, General Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for the feedback regarding accommodations and service at theWit. Please be assured that follow up will take place to assess what may have transpired for delayed service and communication concerns expressed as this is certainly atypical of our team. We appreciate the opportunity to have hosted you.

Mark Shouger
Hermosa Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Love, love, love this place! I stayed here in December 2012 for a fun girls weekend in Chicago. The staff went out of their way to make sure our stay was incredible, from the customary chocolate chip cookies, to the helpful concierge, and the very generous pours from the bartenders in the downstairs attached restaurant. The hotel is sleek, clean, and modern, decorated in bright colors and bird themed, for some reason. No really. There's bird noises in the hall, which was eerily interesting, but added to the witty ambience. The room was amazing, beds were comfortable, and bathroom was a nice size with a very cool square sink. Hotel is located in walking distance to Millenium Park, Magnificent Mile, and Chicago Theatre, which were all fun places we visited on our trip. I would definitely stay here again, hands down. They had me at their bird call.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have stayed here 4 different times over the last year. My last trip was just this past week (1/8-1/11) - staying there for 3 nights. The rooms are expansive and modern. They are also bright with floor to ceiling windows covering nearly half of the suite. The bathrooms are luxurious and quite trendy in their design. I also always enjoy seeing the lit up Chicago sign from my window. The beds are quite comfortable and the TVs are nice and large. Finding your station on the TV is a different story. You definitely need the guide as it is quite confusing. Wifi is a bit onerous. Even when you have a code, you have to enter it every time you turn on your machine. I had to do it a few times on my laptop (every night) and a dozen different times on my kindle. That was a pain! They have a good iron and ironing board - always a sign of a solid hotel in my book! I always order at least one thing from room service whenever I visit. Charles is great! He takes my order and delivers it to the room. He is definitely the one staff member that always makes my trip. He welcomes me back and has a great attitude. He pays careful attention to the orders and I always enjoy seeing him at my door whenever I have ordered food. The other staff members are quite good as well. The guys at the door are quick to get you a taxi if you need it, or just welcome you back. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. My only pet peeve is the location of the key swipe in the elevators. It is low and a bit of a pain to get in just right in order to select my room floor. But that's it. Well worth a visit if you are in the Chicago area!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better! Don't forget to ask about available upgrades
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PFamilyMiami, General Manager at theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Our team thanks the increasing number of loyal fans and reviews on TripAdvisor. We are also quite appreciative of the repeat business and subsequent reviews. Please be assured that we review and share each and every review with the team, and we certainly recognize the Stars! Likewise, teams assess areas for continuous improvement.

Happy 2013, indeed.

-Mark Shouger
Warrenville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

OMG This hotel is amazing! Stayed there for a girls night out. We were welcomed by Danielle at the front desk who's customer service skills are amazing! Very bubbly personality which goes perfect with this modern day chic hotel. The rooms are decent size for being in a downtown property. You usually get a room that is the size of a closet but these rooms were big enough! Roof was a great place to meet with friends and to enjoy a drink. Our server Danielle was extremely nice as well. Had dinner at the restaurant and our server did an amazing job! Probably the best server I've had in a very long time! The hotel is near pretty much everything! Next time I stay here, I'm going to make time and try the spa! Overall, this is a hotel thats perfect for girls night out, a relaxing romantic getaway, business or trip with the family!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room away from the street. Because you will hear the firetrucks...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Ypsilanti, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We opted for an extra night because the beds are out of this world!
The staff, the food, everything was great!
Only the internet was ridiculous. They need to upgrade and make it free.
Other than that, everything else was just what we wanted for our New Year in Chicago.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to theWit - A DoubleTree by Hilton? Share your experiences!