“Alexandra: My hero” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   O' Hare International Airport, Box 66414, Chicago, IL 60666   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
BREAKFAST & WI-FI!
Ranked #101 of 168 hotels in Chicago
New York City, New York
“Alexandra: My hero”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I didn't stay in the hotel, but I did have a chance to experience the service, and it was absolutely excellent.

I was going through security screening on my way on to a flight at O'Hare. Two souvenirs that I brought back for my children - miniature, foot-long baseball bats engraved with their names - were flagged and I was told that I could either throw them out or remove them from the gate.

I sprinted back to check in, and then over to the Hilton - which I was told had a UPS office. Then, I discovered that the UPS store was closed.

Desperate, and with very little time to clear security to make my flight, I went to the front desk and asked a woman named Alexandra, who was working the air crew check-in desk, if she could help.

She took my information and my credit card number, along with the bats, and promised that she would personally make sure that they were shipped out the next day when the shipping office opened. The next day, I called, and she gave me my tracking number, and my kids got their bats a few days later.

I wasn't staying at the hotel, and staff there really had no reason to help me. I was touched by the fact that Alexandra went out of her way on a busy day to help me out.

I would imagine that if they were this thoughtful for people who weren't staying in the hotel, it must be a very high level of service for customers.

A big "thank you" to Alexandra and the rest of the customer heroes on the Hilton staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your accolades about Alexandra from our Front Office on Trip Advisor. Being hospitable and going above and beyond is what the success of our business is all about whether it's for our staying guests or non-guests. We are proud to have Alexandra on our team reflecting the true Hilton service culture and are glad to know that she was able to assist you after the UPS Store had closed. Be assured that your comments have been shared with Alexandra and the rest of our team.

It was our pleasure to be of service to you!

1,399 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Thai first
Paris
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Your basic airport hotel - at over $400 a night, i found it expensive - the Tv didn.t work properly, the restaurant didn't deliver, the bathroom is tiny and bit runned down. I would find this hotel acceptable at less than $150 per night. Finally, the walls shaked each time neighbouring room doors were closed. Really for people like me who have no choice!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We were very disappointed to read your comments about your stay here on Trip Advisor. It is very important to us to provide good accommodations and services to all our guests and we sincerely apologize for your dis-satisfaction with your guest room and restaurant experience. We only wish we could have made it right for you while you were here. I will write to you directly to obtain more information so that the necessary corrective measure can be taken for improvement.

Please note that our rates fluctuate according to our occupancy levels and by the rate you noted, we were most likely in a sell out situation. However, be assured that what you experienced was not typical of the standards we strive to maintain. We do hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

minneapolis mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This property is located on the airport; thus I expected a bad hotel. I was wrong. Ease of getting to the Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport the best ever, no shuttle to mess with. Just grab your baggage and enter. Great customer service; when the line was getting long, an employee gave each of us water and cheerful greetings. Loved my room; bed very comfortable and no bedbugs came home with me. Despite being on the runway, the hotel has double pane windows and I barely heard noise, and I am a light sleeper. I requested a top-floor. I loved watching the aircraft comings and goings from my room. The air traffic control tower was right there, interesting to watch. I ordered great in-room food service, beef/barley soup with fries. Order came right up, hot food, friendly staff. Free bottles of water. I am a Hilton Honors guest, but did not use points for this trip. The room television worked great, so few do! Plus very big screen, sharp reception. I had one king bed, just myself traveling. I had a breakfast coupon with my room, the breakfast was exceptional. Hot, variety, great wait staff. It was such a plus when checking out I can just go across the street to the terminal. Perfect hotel for business travelers. Makes traveling less stressful. Would recommend. Very clean as well.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor facing the runway; fun to watch the international airplanes taking off a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
We were happy to read all the nice comments you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor and to know that you were pleasantly surprised by our accommodations and services provided. We strive to ensure that every facet of our guest's stay is satisfactory, and we're glad that you noticed. This is what the success of our business is all about.

We thank you for choosing us and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future!

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel is incredibly convenient for OHare, just off of terminal 2. The underground tunnel connects the airport to the hotel, without the need to go outside.

This is a standard Hilton business class, with a nice new addition of recliners in the rooms. The beds are clean and comfortable. One of the drawbacks includes the extremely small bathrooms, in which it is impossible to open the door all the way because the toliet is too long. The writing desk was also a bit cramped. The rooms were surprisingly quiet.

Room service was okay, but the food was a bit disappointing. The gym is really nice but costs $20 more a day. The internet is also about $17 more per day in the room, although WiFi is free in the lobby.

Definitely worth a convenient stay and I'm sure I'll be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the comments you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We assure you that these comments are internally shared with our management team as we continually strive to make improvements where necessary and feasible.

We do have a full service fitness center in our hotel. It is complimentary to all Hilton HHonors Silver, Gold and Diamond members. However, the pool, sauna and steam room are complimentary to all guests. Complimentary Internet access is extended to all Hilton HHonors Gold and Diamond members.

We appreciate your choosing our hotel and encouraged to know that you would return again. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back!

Rochelle, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great staff, friendly and helpful. Room was a junior suite, very well maintained, large room for the price. Definitely would recommend staying here and will not hesitate to do so in the future. Easy getting to the airport via the hotel shuttle, this is a travel friendly hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and for sharing your nice comments on Trip Advisor.

We are glad that you were warmly welcomed and that you were satisfied with your accommodations, the location and the service extended by our team. It's always good to know when the service culture we continually preach about is recognized by our guests.

We look forward to your visiting us again in the future!

Kamiah, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed here about 1 week on business. Rooms are very nice, clean and reasonable size. Surprisingly quiet given the location adjacent to O'Hare International. Only rarely heard any air traffic and that during daytime, not at night.

Front desk, bell staff, parking valet are eager to make stay pleasant. Very helpful.

However, this is an expensive place to stay - unless you are a diamond member of Hilton Honors loyalty club, expect to pay for internet ($15.50+ per day); Valet parking (more expensive) or airport parking (very inconvenient and not much less expensive), on-site restaurant is OK for breakfast, although expensive unless you get comp'ed because of your Hilton Honors standing. Service for dinner is generally slow, prices very high ($25 entree class) and the food does not match the price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting both your positive and negative feedback about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We strive to maintain high standards reflective of the Hilton name in both our product and the services we provide. We do apologize for your dinner experience not being up to par, and be assured that all your comments are being shared with our management team.

We appreciate your choosing our hotel while on business travel and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Fort Myers, Fl, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Located right in the heart of O'Hara airport. Taxi driver put us off at the front door. Several steps put us right in front of the check-in desk. The smiling face registered us in no time flat. We made a quick turn to the elevator, went up the second floor. As we exited and walked past two doors there was our room. I did not believe Her so I made my traveling cousin do a dry run because our plane left at 7 am sharp. So out the door we went, back on the elevator, down past the lobby to the next level. As we exited we turned right and then left, there was a tunnel walk way--not a long walk way to the glass elevator, up one level and there right in front of us was the Delta check in desk. Disbelief! Coming into the Hotel the traffic was bad but the driver said we would never make it in the morning honest! - he said airport traffic was just that bad so we opted for this high priced hotel which was beautiful. Sometimes you just have to make choices and this was indeed the right choice. We went back over to the lounge and had a wonderful tasty hamburger before retiring and knowing that we would make our flight. Again, I say Hilton scored big with this hotel. WOW!

Room Tip: I told the Hilton agent my traveling schedule of the train I was coming from and the early flight I...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your high ratings and for all the great comments you shared on Trip Advisor about our hotel. We're so happy that you gave us a try and to know that you were extremely satisfied with our location and with the services provided.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again in the future!

Executive Office

Been to Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!