“No free wifi? Seriously?” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport

You added Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   O' Hare International Airport, Box 66414, Chicago, IL 60666   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Pre-Sale
Ranked #108 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
New York City, New York
“No free wifi? Seriously?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

How is it that a hotel of this caliber doesn't provide free wifi in the rooms (or a free continental breakfast)? It's just so cheap and inhospitable. I can't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel that didn't provide free wifi. I'll be choosing a non-Hilton hotel whenever possible from now on.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused to you due to the Internet access charge in our guestrooms. We do provide complimentary Internet access throughout our main lobby, and it is complimentary to all Hilton HHonors Diamond and Gold members from their guestroom.

We appreciate your feedback which has been shared with our management team. We certainly hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Executive Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Thai first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed here last week after arriving in ORD late and having an early morning flight out. You can't beat the location if you're flying early- it's a walk to the terminals- as convenient as it gets at an airport. I had stayed here once before almost 20 years ago so this was really like my first visit. Easy check-in, sports bar in the lobby, nice friendly staff- overall I would stay again if I were changing through O'Hare. My room was clean and relatively quiet for being so close to the runways.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel which you posted on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and are very encouraged to know that you were happy with the accommodations and the services provided.

We are also happy to know that you will choose to stay with us again, and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Newport Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

There is no accommodation closer to this busy airport than the Hilton. One of the best airport hotels in my global traveling experience. Staff seemed genuinely happy to assist. Suggest one takes advantage of this hotel's free shuttle service in order to avoid a "bit of a hike" underground to and from the terminals.

• Stayed February 2013
HiltonOhareAirport, Your recent review of the Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
We appreciate the positive comments you wrote about our hotel on Trip Advisor, particularly coming from a seasoned traveler as yourself. We take great pride in the product that we offer and the service provided by our team, and we're glad that this was reflected to you.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed here when my flight to Philadelphia was aborted you cant miss it is smack dab in the middle of Chicago O'Hare International Airport, the rooms are very cozy plus there is minimal aircraft noise. the pool is fairly small, only goes down to 4 feet deep, but the adjacent gym is pretty huge, what I do like about the pool they provide beach balls, noodles and other odds and ends which the only other hotel I have seen this before was in a hotel in Duluth, Minnesota plus the added locker rooms and sauna and steamroom add class to the place. I can't wait for my next stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
We were delighted to read the comments which you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We realize how frustrating cancelled flights can be, and are happy that we were able to provide you with some comfort and relaxation during your stay here.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Ultra convenient and comfortable hotel just a few steps from the O'Hare terminal via an underground tunnel. You'll find things quiet here with all the usual Hilton amenities plus a few decent food choices. I've stayed here numerous times, usually using award points, and find the staff and facilities improving with each stay, as this is an established, familiar hotel at the airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the comments which you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We're pleased to know that have stayed with us on several occasions and have been satisfied with the accommodations and the service provided by our team.

We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and for recommending us to others. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

PDX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

What a Horrible experience!!! It took a hour to check-in at this hotel. My flight from the west coast (to London) was delayed and I missed my connection. My parents reserved a room for me on their credit card. Risa was rude from the start. She email a credit card authorization form to them, and told me to get back in line....I said I would step to the side, and she continued to say the email from my parents wasn't coming through. They were also sent to me, which she finally accepted, when I got her hotel email and forwarded them to her. My mother tried to call to help things along, and she wouldn't answer for 13 minutes, and then she said she was going to transfer her to a manager. She transferred her to security, Ms. Clark answered the phone and she was at least concerned about the handling of this situation. I will be writing this review everywhere I can. It is a convenient location, but with a nasty attitude. Not worth $290.00. and I lost a hour of sleep...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
We are very sorry to read the comments about your check in experience which you shared on Trip Advisor. Extending excellent customer service is our top priority and we apologize if this was not reflected to you during your check-in process while our team attempted to follow procedure to obtain credit card authorization for your stay. This has been addressed with our Director of Front Office Operations and all the appropriate team members involved, and direct follow up will be done.

Thank you for your feedback. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was very disappointed with my experience here. I had a cancelled fight and had to get a room for the night. The rate was very expensive for standard hotel room. Plus you chars you a fee for everything! $20 for Internet for each device each date. They even charge $20 to go to the gym. They try and sell it as a fully equipped gym and that's why there is a fee but I was very disappointed with the facilities. It was a standard gym just like any other hotel gym that I'd included in your night stay.
Also, my tv in my room didn't work and there was dried blood on my pillow. I went for dinner at one of the lobby restaurants and though I enjoy the food and the staff is friendly I was not impressed with the service I was given for the price of the meals. I waiting a long time at my table for my server until finally the manger came over and took my drink order then he noticed my service still hadn't come over so he took my food order after awhile had past. Te whole time I was there I have no idea who my server was suppose to be.
Not happy with this hotel I hope I will not have to stay here again. Only plus side was it was continent for my early morning flight. I feel that they take advantage of that and over charge for everything!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
We are very sorry to read about your poor experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. Be assured that some of the conditions which you mentioned are not typical of the high Hilton standards which we continually strive to maintain. I will contact you directly to obtain your name and date of stay as this will help us better in taking corrective action for improvements where feasible.

We appreciate your feedback and we sincerely apologize for any negative impression you received. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Executive Office

Been to Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!