“Very Handy to the Terminals” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   O' Hare International Airport, Box 66414, Chicago, IL 60666   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Now Booking Holidays!
Ranked #101 of 169 Hotels in Chicago
“Very Handy to the Terminals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed here when my flight to Philadelphia was aborted you cant miss it is smack dab in the middle of Chicago O'Hare International Airport, the rooms are very cozy plus there is minimal aircraft noise. the pool is fairly small, only goes down to 4 feet deep, but the adjacent gym is pretty huge, what I do like about the pool they provide beach balls, noodles and other odds and ends which the only other hotel I have seen this before was in a hotel in Duluth, Minnesota plus the added locker rooms and sauna and steamroom add class to the place. I can't wait for my next stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
We were delighted to read the comments which you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We realize how frustrating cancelled flights can be, and are happy that we were able to provide you with some comfort and relaxation during your stay here.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Executive Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Thai first
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Ultra convenient and comfortable hotel just a few steps from the O'Hare terminal via an underground tunnel. You'll find things quiet here with all the usual Hilton amenities plus a few decent food choices. I've stayed here numerous times, usually using award points, and find the staff and facilities improving with each stay, as this is an established, familiar hotel at the airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the comments which you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We're pleased to know that have stayed with us on several occasions and have been satisfied with the accommodations and the service provided by our team.

We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and for recommending us to others. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

PDX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

What a Horrible experience!!! It took a hour to check-in at this hotel. My flight from the west coast (to London) was delayed and I missed my connection. My parents reserved a room for me on their credit card. Risa was rude from the start. She email a credit card authorization form to them, and told me to get back in line....I said I would step to the side, and she continued to say the email from my parents wasn't coming through. They were also sent to me, which she finally accepted, when I got her hotel email and forwarded them to her. My mother tried to call to help things along, and she wouldn't answer for 13 minutes, and then she said she was going to transfer her to a manager. She transferred her to security, Ms. Clark answered the phone and she was at least concerned about the handling of this situation. I will be writing this review everywhere I can. It is a convenient location, but with a nasty attitude. Not worth $290.00. and I lost a hour of sleep...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
We are very sorry to read the comments about your check in experience which you shared on Trip Advisor. Extending excellent customer service is our top priority and we apologize if this was not reflected to you during your check-in process while our team attempted to follow procedure to obtain credit card authorization for your stay. This has been addressed with our Director of Front Office Operations and all the appropriate team members involved, and direct follow up will be done.

Thank you for your feedback. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was very disappointed with my experience here. I had a cancelled fight and had to get a room for the night. The rate was very expensive for standard hotel room. Plus you chars you a fee for everything! $20 for Internet for each device each date. They even charge $20 to go to the gym. They try and sell it as a fully equipped gym and that's why there is a fee but I was very disappointed with the facilities. It was a standard gym just like any other hotel gym that I'd included in your night stay.
Also, my tv in my room didn't work and there was dried blood on my pillow. I went for dinner at one of the lobby restaurants and though I enjoy the food and the staff is friendly I was not impressed with the service I was given for the price of the meals. I waiting a long time at my table for my server until finally the manger came over and took my drink order then he noticed my service still hadn't come over so he took my food order after awhile had past. Te whole time I was there I have no idea who my server was suppose to be.
Not happy with this hotel I hope I will not have to stay here again. Only plus side was it was continent for my early morning flight. I feel that they take advantage of that and over charge for everything!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
We are very sorry to read about your poor experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. Be assured that some of the conditions which you mentioned are not typical of the high Hilton standards which we continually strive to maintain. I will contact you directly to obtain your name and date of stay as this will help us better in taking corrective action for improvements where feasible.

We appreciate your feedback and we sincerely apologize for any negative impression you received. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

San Francisco Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I ended up missing the last flight to my destination upon arrival in O'Hare. It was all due to weather delays at Chicago. The airline was kind enough to put me up in the Hilton and throw in some meal vouchers. They arranged the reservation, so it was very easy.

I have stayed here many times over the years, usually when I was stuck due to flight problems, or just an over night layover. It's very convenient as the hotel is right smack in the middle of the airport. From Terminal 1...which is United....it's an underground walk of about 10 minutes from the terminal to the hotel lobby. Easy and safe to get to and from.

The rooms have been updated....and are fairly modern. I always judge the quality of the room not only by the bedding, but also the bathrooms. And this Hilton is in good shape in my view. Although it's been here for quite some time.

The front lobby staff was very friendly and helpful to get me checked in and on my way. I had to get up quite early to catch a flight. And it's an easy walk back to the terminal.

This is so much easier than if you take a hotel that is off the airport property.

Enjoy

Room Tip: This is a very long hotel. There are both East and West elevator banks. Make sure you know which e...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the nice comments which you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We're glad to know that you were pleased with the accommodations, the service, and our convenient location to the airport.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

CHICAGO IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Excellent location, very convenient for business travelers. The rooms are good and clean. The service staff are great. I would stay in this hotel even if I have business in Chicago downtown or the westren suburbs and not just a flight connection.

Room Tip: For flight connection in ORD it is perfect and cost effective
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your positive critique of our hotel which you posted on Trip Advisor. The complete satisfaction of our guests is our top priority, and we're encouraged to know you were pleased with your accommodations as well as the service provided by our team.

We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and for recommending our hotel to others. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Maineville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are nice. Beware of the airline employees that think they are special and deserve to jump everyone in line. This hotel accommodates this rude behavior. It is annoying that flight attendants feel that they do not have to wait in line like everyone else in the world and when the hotel lets them jump in front of you after waiting for 20 minutes to check in it is extremely rude and sends the message that you are not as important to them even though you are Hilton Honors member.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We thank you for both your positive and negative feedback which you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor. With regards to the airline personnel you witnessed at check-in, we have contracted crew rooms set up with various airlines where the crew members sign in at a designated airline check-in area which is manned by one of our guest service agents who can also assist checking in guests when they are not checking in airline crews. We are very sorry for the poor impression you may have received and have shared your comments with the appropriate members of our management team. We certainly value your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors member and we would welcome the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Executive Office

Been to Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!