“Risa [--] should be fired” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport

You added Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   O' Hare International Airport, Box 66414, Chicago, IL 60666   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park Stay & Go!
Ranked #102 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
PDX
“Risa [--] should be fired”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

What a Horrible experience!!! It took a hour to check-in at this hotel. My flight from the west coast (to London) was delayed and I missed my connection. My parents reserved a room for me on their credit card. Risa was rude from the start. She email a credit card authorization form to them, and told me to get back in line....I said I would step to the side, and she continued to say the email from my parents wasn't coming through. They were also sent to me, which she finally accepted, when I got her hotel email and forwarded them to her. My mother tried to call to help things along, and she wouldn't answer for 13 minutes, and then she said she was going to transfer her to a manager. She transferred her to security, Ms. Clark answered the phone and she was at least concerned about the handling of this situation. I will be writing this review everywhere I can. It is a convenient location, but with a nasty attitude. Not worth $290.00. and I lost a hour of sleep...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
We are very sorry to read the comments about your check in experience which you shared on Trip Advisor. Extending excellent customer service is our top priority and we apologize if this was not reflected to you during your check-in process while our team attempted to follow procedure to obtain credit card authorization for your stay. This has been addressed with our Director of Front Office Operations and all the appropriate team members involved, and direct follow up will be done.

Thank you for your feedback. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Executive Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Thai first
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was very disappointed with my experience here. I had a cancelled fight and had to get a room for the night. The rate was very expensive for standard hotel room. Plus you chars you a fee for everything! $20 for Internet for each device each date. They even charge $20 to go to the gym. They try and sell it as a fully equipped gym and that's why there is a fee but I was very disappointed with the facilities. It was a standard gym just like any other hotel gym that I'd included in your night stay.
Also, my tv in my room didn't work and there was dried blood on my pillow. I went for dinner at one of the lobby restaurants and though I enjoy the food and the staff is friendly I was not impressed with the service I was given for the price of the meals. I waiting a long time at my table for my server until finally the manger came over and took my drink order then he noticed my service still hadn't come over so he took my food order after awhile had past. Te whole time I was there I have no idea who my server was suppose to be.
Not happy with this hotel I hope I will not have to stay here again. Only plus side was it was continent for my early morning flight. I feel that they take advantage of that and over charge for everything!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
We are very sorry to read about your poor experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. Be assured that some of the conditions which you mentioned are not typical of the high Hilton standards which we continually strive to maintain. I will contact you directly to obtain your name and date of stay as this will help us better in taking corrective action for improvements where feasible.

We appreciate your feedback and we sincerely apologize for any negative impression you received. We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

San Francisco Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I ended up missing the last flight to my destination upon arrival in O'Hare. It was all due to weather delays at Chicago. The airline was kind enough to put me up in the Hilton and throw in some meal vouchers. They arranged the reservation, so it was very easy.

I have stayed here many times over the years, usually when I was stuck due to flight problems, or just an over night layover. It's very convenient as the hotel is right smack in the middle of the airport. From Terminal 1...which is United....it's an underground walk of about 10 minutes from the terminal to the hotel lobby. Easy and safe to get to and from.

The rooms have been updated....and are fairly modern. I always judge the quality of the room not only by the bedding, but also the bathrooms. And this Hilton is in good shape in my view. Although it's been here for quite some time.

The front lobby staff was very friendly and helpful to get me checked in and on my way. I had to get up quite early to catch a flight. And it's an easy walk back to the terminal.

This is so much easier than if you take a hotel that is off the airport property.

Enjoy

Room Tip: This is a very long hotel. There are both East and West elevator banks. Make sure you know which e...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the nice comments which you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We're glad to know that you were pleased with the accommodations, the service, and our convenient location to the airport.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

CHICAGO IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Excellent location, very convenient for business travelers. The rooms are good and clean. The service staff are great. I would stay in this hotel even if I have business in Chicago downtown or the westren suburbs and not just a flight connection.

Room Tip: For flight connection in ORD it is perfect and cost effective
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your positive critique of our hotel which you posted on Trip Advisor. The complete satisfaction of our guests is our top priority, and we're encouraged to know you were pleased with your accommodations as well as the service provided by our team.

We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and for recommending our hotel to others. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Maineville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are nice. Beware of the airline employees that think they are special and deserve to jump everyone in line. This hotel accommodates this rude behavior. It is annoying that flight attendants feel that they do not have to wait in line like everyone else in the world and when the hotel lets them jump in front of you after waiting for 20 minutes to check in it is extremely rude and sends the message that you are not as important to them even though you are Hilton Honors member.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We thank you for both your positive and negative feedback which you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor. With regards to the airline personnel you witnessed at check-in, we have contracted crew rooms set up with various airlines where the crew members sign in at a designated airline check-in area which is manned by one of our guest service agents who can also assist checking in guests when they are not checking in airline crews. We are very sorry for the poor impression you may have received and have shared your comments with the appropriate members of our management team. We certainly value your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors member and we would welcome the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I had a 6am flight to catch so I opted to stay here. I am glad I did. They have a shuttle or you can take the underground pedway to the gates.

Check-in was quick and friendly. The have a bar and restaurant which I was unable to try but they looked nice.

The room was clean and comfortable and it had a large bathroom with Peter Roth amenities.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and are glad that your stay was satisfactory and our location was convenient for your travels.

We look forward to your visiting us again in in the future.

Chicago suburb
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Eventhough I live in Chicagoland....a crazy itinerary made it so I needed to crash at this establishment for 4 hours. I had made a reservation in advance. I had been on vacation prior to my one night stay here and I had been staying at a place that was 5 star and WAY more expensive. I think my rate at this Hilton was 149.00. I was very apprehensive on how my room would be. I was very pleasantly surprised with everything. Very clean...modern....great TV.....clean efficient bathrooms.....everything was fabulous. I came away overwhelmed with the sense of value I had recieved.. They understand their model....who their target customer is....and they cater to it wonderfully. Great job and I will have no hesitation of using this convenient location in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
We appreciate the very nice comments which you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We strive to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is encouraging to know that we succeeded and that you were happy with the accommodations and services provided. It was our pleasure to serve you here and we hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Executive Office

Been to Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!