“Not Hilton's fault” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport to your Saves list
Travelocity Booking.com
Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   O' Hare International Airport, Box 66414, Chicago, IL 60666   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast!
Ranked #102 of 167 hotels in Chicago
Beavercreek, Ohio
“Not Hilton's fault”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Let me first say that I booked this hotel through Hotwire. I did not know where we were going to be staying until after I completed the reservation.
I was initially excited to get to stay at a Hilton, in the past I have only had fantastic experiences.
But this time was not to be.
The hotel is attached to the airport, so if you are not flying, as my wife and my two small children and I were not, this is NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU.
Parking is either $33 a night for remote daily parking. This is about a quarter mile give or take from the hotel. The other option is valet, which is $47 a night. Both of these are per car and I had two.
The hotel itself was very modern and very visually pleasing.
The negatives were, the bathroom was TINY!
The bed was not comfortable. I ended up sleeping in the recliner. You can hear everything that happens in the hallway.
Need wifi? You can have it for $17.50 a day. That was the price for the premiere service and $16.50 for standard.
Hotel staff was hit or miss. The young lady at the front desk was very helpful. The man from Bell services that called me to let me know my delivery pizza was there, spoke broken English and all but yelled as he demanded I come down stairs and pay for my pizza. I understand he was just doing his job, but a little customer service training would go a long way. (Chick Fil A is a great example)
The delivery pizza was awesome!
It was just a bad experience. I will not stay at this specific hotel again.

Room Tip: Do not stay near elevator.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
We are disappointed to read the comments which you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor and would like to apologize for the discomfort you experienced with your guestroom and for the unprofessional way in which you were notified of your outside pizza delivery. We strive to maintain high standards in our product and service, and be assured that your comments have been shared with all our department managers so that the necessary improvements can be made where feasible.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to have another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

1,253 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Thai first
Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed here for a night as we missed one of our flights out of Chicago. We were given a very nice large room which was very clean. We didn't face any problems regarding the size of the room or the bathroom for that matter. Everything worked just fine. The front desk was nice and helpful. It was a bit of a queue for checking in to the hotel, but there was a man handing around bottles of water to people who stood in the queue, which I found to be a very nice gesture.

Now the cons:
1. Since our room was reserved by the airlines and we didn't provide our credit card information while checking in, we realised that our fridge was locked and so we had no access to food/water/drinks in our room. There is nothing free--not even a bottle of water per day provided to your room.
2. Very pricey food/drinks--the restaurants in the hotel are pricey and not a great choice of food. A tiny bottle of water that we had to buy was around 4$--that's very expensive according to me.
3. Terrible room service--we called room service to order some drinks as the restaurants in the lobby were closed (we had just walked down and checked!), the guy who spoke to us was trying to convince us to go down to the lobby restaurants as it will be cheaper. I mentioned that it is only cheaper by a dollar (yep) and that I really would like the room service and also the fact that they aren't open. He said ok--30 mins later when nothing arrived, we called up room service again. This time it was another lady and she mentioned there was no order taken down for our room at all. When we mentioned our earlier conversation, she said the restaurants are now open and that they will in fact be cheaper for us than room service--what the heck? why does the hotel have room service when no one in the staff wants to provide the service and insist we go down and get our stuff ourselves!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for both the positive and negative feedback you provided about your experience here at our hotel on Trip Advisor. We're glad to know that you were warmly welcomed and that you were happy with your accommodations. However, we are very sorry to learn about the difficulty you had in trying to get meal service. I will be contacting you directly in an effort to obtain more specific details of the date and time that you were attempting to order from Room Service. You noted that our restaurant was closed and then open again. Our Andiamo restaurant and Sports Edition bar which also serves food, are open throughout the day and evening and we also have Caffe Mercato in our lobby that offers various soup, sandwiches, salads and other refreshment items on the go. Once I receive further details from you, I will be sharing them with our Director of Food & Beverage so that the necessary corrective measures are taken.

We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Williamsville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is an oasis in an age of relative indifference to the traveler. Whether navigating a complicated connection with Chicago as a hub, or as a business meeting destination, this hotel serves well. The hotel is directly adjacent to the airport terminal, and may be accessed by walking acoss the street from the terminal, or via underground tunnels that run below the airport for interconnecting the several terminal buildings.

The hotel is well maintained, clean, and functional. The rooms are adequately appointed, the beds are comfortable, and despite being at the airport, free of intrusive airplane noise. Staff are very well trained, efficient, and helpful. Multiple kiosks for accessing airline e-check in and boarding pass printing are in the lobby. Rarely, one of these has been out of order.

Dining options include in-room options (pricey, but quality good), a lobby sandwich/snack takeout, a casual restaurant (average cost, variable quality- one pasta dish was so salty as to be barely edible, but burgers and salads good), and a steakhouse which is costly, and has an adult ambiance. If convenience trumps seeking high quality and value for food, dine at the hotel.

There is a well staffed, maintained health club 1 flight below the lobby.

Conference rooms are nicely appointed, and the staff can provide excellent food in form of hot and cold breakfasts, lunch; salads, soups, wraps, deserts for business functions. The hotel has a very annoying policy of charging for internet access by the person, not for an entire room, which is NOT consumer friendly, when one has reserved a conference room.

Overall, this hotel is a good respit for a one-day/night layover, avoiding time and transportation issues. For business, plusses are a well trained staff, good conference catering, and clean, updated guest rooms. Lows are relatively pricey computer access policies, and only fair food values at the hotel restaurants. I have stayed there more than 10 times for business travel, and recommend it as reliable and solid value overall, with excellent convenience.

Room Tip: Hallways are very long. Would avoid being adjacent to elevator or at extreme end of a hallway.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
We thank you for your well detailed comments which you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor particularly based on your many stays with us where you have been able to experience everything we have to offer.

We value your continued loyalty and appreciate your recommending us to others. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

South Central Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Traveling home from MO. to PA. via O'hare and our flight cancels because of weather. GRRRR! We were very grateful for the nice clean room w/ comfy bed & big flat screen TV. Checking in was very fast & pleasant. We ate at the Sportsbar - food was really good (on the pricey side) a beer was 9 bucks WHAT?! BUT - if you need a place to spend the night... this is it! So close to the airport (actually attached) All the staff we spoke to were very friendly ! Thank you

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for the comments you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor. With our location on airport grounds, we can sympathize with how frustrating flight delays and cancellations can be. We're glad, however, that you were warmly welcomed here at our hotel and made to feel comfortable until your next flight.

We hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Pasadena, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Huge convenience. I pulled up to the curb, got the family checked in and sent the bags up with a bellman. Drove to Avis and dropped off the car, took the bus back unencumbered by luggage, and looked forward to walking over to the airport in the morning for our flight with minimal stress.

Did all that work? Yep, sure did. But...

Well, what can you expect? We went down for dinner and paid an absurd amount of money for an okay meal at Andiamo. Not a bad meal, but there is a rote quality to the food, the service, the whole hotel, really. Does anyone stay more than one night? You're just passing through -- everyone is. So every interaction with staff and the amenities is the first -- and last -- time.

Augustin, who checked me in, was extremely pleasant, clearly trying to make sure my stay started off just right. And the server at Andiamo was friendly. And the bell captain, too.

But in the end, you're a captive of the hotel for one night. The rooms are just fine -- they've been updated recently and if not perfect are certainly respectable for the price point. You pay for the great convenience of walking to your gate in the morning. And, despite my minor gripes, I'll probably do it again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the comments which you shared about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We enjoy welcoming all of our guests and make every effort to ensure their complete satisfaction and encourage them to return again. We're glad this service culture was reflected to you through the friendliness of our team. Although we are an airport hotel known for our convenient location to the airport, we strive to be more. We service many company meetings and have many return clients and transient guests as well as leisure travelers passing through. We thank you for staying with us and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Mount Pleasant, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I'm a Hilton HHonors Gold member, so my experiences may differ from others. Here are my pros and cons.

PROS:

- Nicer than most airport hotels.
- Convenient transportation from the economy parking lots. Just a quick walk across the courtyard. You can't beat this location for a morning flight.
- Restaurants are decent (but not amazing) for a quick bite to eat.
- Desk staff was incredibly positive and accommodating with my HHonors Gold benefits.
- The bed, like in all Hilton-branded properties, was outstanding.
- Breakfast was not-over-the-top outstanding, but it was a nice offering and seems almost identical to the last DoubleTree breakfast that I had.

CONS:

- Room was too warm. Had to crack open the window to get any kind of fresh air (the A.C. just wasn't doing it).
- Compared to the larger room size, I was surprised by the smallness of the bathrooms.
- One area of the room's carpeting was sticky. Kind of gross, but not that big of a deal.
- Took me a while to figure out that the remote didn't work with the tv's volume (it worked with a separate system underneath the tv). Weird. I hate to say it, but they need to leave instructions about this.
- Hate the business center. You have to pay to print. The only way around this is to remote print from your room (from your own laptop) and they will print it out at the front desk. Really inconvenient. Took me a half hour to find the business center in the first place, and then I couldn't even use it to print. The signing is awful on the business center level. I've read previous complaints about the confusion with the business center in other TripAdvisor reviews, and I thought they were just whining. Nope. They were justified. Come on guys... step up your game. We travel here for business and leisure, and your business center is just not convenient for either situation.

Overall impression:

Would I stay here again? Yes. Would I pay more than $75 for a room? Probably not. For what you get, this feels like a $75 property, so if you pay more than that, you will probably be disappointed. If you can get it for $75 (or less) you will feel like it's a bargain.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the comments, both positive and negative, which you posted about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are very sorry that your guestroom was not up to par and are sharing your comments with the appropriate staff so that immediate corrective measures are taken. We are also sorry for any inconvenience caused with finding our Business Center, the UPS Store, on the lower level of the hotel, close to the east set of elevators. There is signage coming down from the ceiling directly adjacent from the UPS Store in the hallway. We apologize if this was not visible to you. We also have a 24 hour self-service business center on the lower level at the far east end of the hallway that is accessible with your room key card.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Thank you.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed here for less than 12 hours on December 23, 2012. We had a flight into Chicago in the evening and then out of Chicago at 7am. The location was very convenient. The staff was helpful when we told them our luggage was lost. Our stay was very brief so we did not try out most of the amenities in the room or the hotel. We got a great deal on this hotel at hotels.com.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We're glad that you were able to stay with us, even though for a short time, and appreciate the comments you shared about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again in the future.

Executive Office

Been to Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!