“Hotel Airport best of a bad bunch” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport

You added Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   O' Hare International Airport, Box 66414, Chicago, IL 60666   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park Stay & Go!
Ranked #102 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
London
“Hotel Airport best of a bad bunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here when my flight was cancelled and after i refused to stay at the Holiday Inn O'Hare (which is the worst hotel in the world). The hotel is in a good location on the airport, is clean has a good breakfast and comfortable beds.The wifi is not free which it should be in a place like this but otherwise an ok place if you have to stay at the airport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We're sorry your flight was cancelled and understand how frustrating that can be. However, we're glad that you chose to stay with us, and we hope that you will consider visiting us again in the future if your travels take you back through Chicago.

Anna Falco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Thai first
Highlands Ranch, Colorado, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I recently organized a business meeting for my company and we held the meeting at the Hilton Chicago O'hare Airport. From start to finish everything was perfect. I made my reservation through Greg Fregoso, who helped me book a suite at the hotel. Working with Greg was seamless, from our phone conversation to email communication. I then worked with Eric Thomas, who is the hotel's Food & Beverage manager. Eric helped me tremendously in making sure my team was taken care of for their meeting. I can't say enough good things!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel which you posted on Trip Advisor. We're glad to know that the arrangements made through both Greg and Eric helped make your meeting here successful and we have shared your kind accolades with them and the rest of our team.

It was a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Des Moines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My sister in law made this reservation using Hotwire. I wasn't expecting the hotel to be as nice as it was. Our request for connecting rooms was honored and people at the hotel were helpful. As a light sleeper, I was dreading hearing all the noise from the planes since this hotel is right at the airport, but was pleasantly surprised that I never heard a sound. I didn't go into the fitness center, but it looked large and varied when we walked by on the way to the pool. Two downsides: breakfast was expensive and so was parking. Valet was full so I'm not sure how much it was, but parking at the terminal was $33 for overnight.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel which you posted on Trip Advisor. We are happy to know that you had a quiet, comfortable stay with us and we hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed at ORD Hilton for 4 nights. Got a good rate trhu hotwire of 80 a day for 3 nights and the fourth using HH points.
Had a little dificult to make the HH reservation, the hilton site did not allowed me to make for just one night. After contacting Mr. Calvin Patten from Corporate Escalations Team, Senior Guest Assistance Agent - Social Media- Hilton Worldwide, he helped me and got my reservation, even calling me personally later to confirme. Very well done Mr Petten, you help make Hilton the hotel we like.
This hotel is located just across Delta/Us Airways, you just have to use the tunnel two floors down to get there. Toke me about 5 minutes from the time I’ve got my bags to the reception.
Fast and corteous checkin, asked for a hight floor to see the planes, got 8th floor.
Room is regular Hilton, clean and right. The view was incredible for plane watching.
Air conditioner never got the room cold as I like, but I liked really cold, so no complain. Open the window and the temperature inside became confortable.
No noise from the airport, very silent room.
Small bathroom but clean and well lit.
The staff all smiles and polite. Need to replace the Iron, called, toke them 3 minutes to replace it.
All things considered, this Hotel is a great Hilton, very convenient at the airport, 45 minutes from McCormick Place. I used the shuttles from the airport, 60 dollar round trip.
Will stay there again and recomend it.

Room Tip: If you like plane watching, ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel which you posted on Trip Advisor. We are encouraged to know that you were satisfied with all facets of your stay and we appreciate your recommending us to others.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The impressive part of this hotel is not the property itself, or the amenities, but the staff that exhibit customer service, and take it to another level. Everyone smiles at you. The housekeeping staff say hello to you.The hotel desk staff just exude warmth. Alan, in reservations, did his best to accommodate all of our wants for our hotel room, and although we could not get a room on the "executive floor" due to maintenance issues, our room was more than sufficient with two full beds. I had a package delivered to the hotel the day of arrival and I forgot to ask for it when I checked in. The gentleman who helped me was by far the friendliest, most helpful, and warm bell hop I have ever run across in my travels. He actually anticipated a question that I had from reading my facial expression (I had not inquired yet about it!) This set the tone of my visit. I also had to call Tamika a few times, on the hotel service line, who could not have been lovelier. She was both helpful, and had a great sense of humor! Another great example of wonderful customer service!

There was also someone in the lobby during the day fielding questions for visitors, which was so wonderful, as I was a bit confused as to which direction to go when trying to leave the hotel to catch my flight, and traveling with my 6 year old. Again, it made the hotel more personal and pleasant.

The negatives: Wow! A continental breakfast and 3 cups of coffee was $50.59. Holy moly! Dinner for four (with a child) at the Italian restaurant, which was tasty and enjoyable $160ish without tip. Kinda seems like if you can not leave O'hare, you will eat a great meal, but you will pay a great deal for it! By the way, again, our server was absolutely a joy, and had nothing to do with our selection of wine.
Also, when calling reservations, you get a sense that the rooms are assigned at check- in based on availability, though you may have paid in advance. Although I am a novice with these issues, I would suggest that there should be a better option for dealing with this.

Overall, the Hilton Honors perks should give more discounted dining options here so as to bring travelers back wanting more from this property, but you have hit all the marks with staff. So, will I be returning? Yes, and it is because of the people who work at this property.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the executive floor. These rooms I was told only have two full beds, not queens. Become...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for all your comments about our hotel which you posted on Trip Advisor. We take pride in going above and beyond to ensure the complete satisfaction of our guests and exceed their expectations. We are pleased to know that this was reflected to you through the service extended by our team. We are sharing your comments with all our department heads as we take our guests' feedback very seriously, both positive and negative.

Our prices are competitive with similar type hotels in our area. We also have Caffe Mercato in our lobby which offers a variety of selections for food on the go including continental breakfast items, soup, sandwiches, salads and other refreshments throughout the day and evening.

We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel was very convenient, just next to the terminal. The king-size bed was as comfortable as any I'd ever slept in -- just perfect. Room was good size, large TV, older bathtub (but it worked fine). Lots of hot water immediately available. Breakfast prices were crazy: I don't understand why hotels feel they don't have to give value for money: you'd think customer satisfaction counts and you'd think that getting good value for money is a big part of customer satisfaction. That said, I wasn't surprised and they're not alone. Two downsides: I was woken up by what sounded like a bucket dropping at 4.00 am, and then the sounds of dishes rattling at 5.00 am (sounded like a trolley was pushed noisly into an elevator) -- not sure who was responsible, but evidently the rooms are not very soundproof. the other downside was the concierge had called me a cab, told me to wait around back, and it didn't arrive. After 20 minutes, I went to the nearby taxi rank and got my own. All in all, I'd stay again for the convenience and for the bed....

Room Tip: Bring something for breakfast. Choose a room far away from the lift/elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonOhareAirport, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for posting your comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We're glad to know that you were pleased with your accommodations and our convenient location to the airport. However, we are sorry for your feeling the quality of your breakfast was not worth the value. We strive to maintain high standards in this regard and are sharing this with our Director of Food and Beverage and Executive Chef. We also want to apologize for any disruption caused to you due to the noise outside your room. We continually stress the importance to our team members of maintaining quiet while on guestroom and meeting room floors and feel badly that you were disrupted by the noise of moving equipment on to the service elevator. We are also very sorry about the mix up with the cab that was to be here for you and have shared your comments with our Guest Services team so that they are aware and will ensure that this does not happen again.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Helsingborg,sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I checked in to the Hilton a late night, got a room that I found out to be a little bit outdated, small bathroom and not very soundproof. Bed was nice and comfy and I got a late check out that was great so I didnt have to hang at the airport all day. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Very convenient location, takes less than 5 minutes to walk over to the airport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for posting your comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. It appears you were satisfied overall wtih our convenient location and the service extended by our team. We hope that you will visit us again if your travels take you back through Chicago.

Anna Falco

Been to Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!