“Disgusting” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Milshire Hotel

Milshire Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chicago
Milshire Hotel
You added Milshire Hotel to your Saves list
2525 N. Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60647 (Northwest Side)   |
Ranked #158 of 178 Hotels in Chicago
orange
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2006

When we got there, we had to choose a room with a "private bath". The receptionist is hidden behind a glass wall, the announcements on the walls are written with a pen and she has to buzz you in to get into the hotel lobby.
The place smells bad, the elevator is probably the original (1930's?).When we got to the room it took us 5 minutes to open the two locks. When we removed the cover sheet, the linens were yellow and I mean spotted yellow. When I looked in a tray, on the dresser, which had our toilet paper, a couple of cockroaches where running around in circles.. When I opened the blinds, which were dusty, I couldn't see much outside because of the dust and mud that covered the windows. And also the windows are "beautifully"arranged with some blue duct tape.
Now the bathroom. Full of cockroaches, the shower is dripping and you cannot lock the bathroom window which overlooks a scary backyard. We stayed 5 minutes in the room and we took off checking out but not before noticing the red carpet with an inch of dust and some announcements that were letting you know not to run in the hallways or "no going in other people's rooms"!!!
I encourage you to take a look at the rooms first and ignore the other preview

• Liked — the refrigerator
  • Disliked — spotted yellow sheets and cockroaches
  • Tips/Secrets — ask to see the room first, if they refuse go to another place.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Families
Business
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2006

My friend and I decided to stay here for one night to attend a concert at the Congress Theatre ($48/nite). The neighborhood is kind of rundown until you turn the corner and there are these lush, posh areas. The location was convenient, access to the busline and within 15 min walking distance to where we wanted to go. There were restaurants nearby, but we did not choose to eat anywhere nearby. Safety at night may be an issue.
The onsite people were very nice and hospitable. The room we stayed in was tiny, but sufficient for our needs. Bathroom had baby cockroaches (didn't bother us as long as long as they weren't bothering us). We brought our own sheets and blankets (which I think should be a must if you or your traveling buddy is a neat, sanitation freak). Rooms were equipped with a fridge and tv. Noise from the outside is loudly audible. While I slept through the night after the concert, my friend could not deal with the upstairs neighbors yelling out the window from 3-4 AM, the screeching cars, the police sirens, and the ongoing car alarms. I vaguely remember it, thinking it was part of my dream.
There is metered parking in front of the hotel and after 6pm there is free parking around the corner.
Overall, ok experience, but probably wouldn't stay there again unless it was very necessary.

• Stayed May 2006