“Low budget and convenient” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Milshire Hotel

Milshire Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chicago
Milshire Hotel
Save Saved
You added Milshire Hotel to your Saves list
2525 N. Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60647 (Northwest Side)   |
Ranked #144 of 169 Hotels in Chicago
Wisconsin
“Low budget and convenient”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2006

My friend and I decided to stay here for one night to attend a concert at the Congress Theatre ($48/nite). The neighborhood is kind of rundown until you turn the corner and there are these lush, posh areas. The location was convenient, access to the busline and within 15 min walking distance to where we wanted to go. There were restaurants nearby, but we did not choose to eat anywhere nearby. Safety at night may be an issue.
The onsite people were very nice and hospitable. The room we stayed in was tiny, but sufficient for our needs. Bathroom had baby cockroaches (didn't bother us as long as long as they weren't bothering us). We brought our own sheets and blankets (which I think should be a must if you or your traveling buddy is a neat, sanitation freak). Rooms were equipped with a fridge and tv. Noise from the outside is loudly audible. While I slept through the night after the concert, my friend could not deal with the upstairs neighbors yelling out the window from 3-4 AM, the screeching cars, the police sirens, and the ongoing car alarms. I vaguely remember it, thinking it was part of my dream.
There is metered parking in front of the hotel and after 6pm there is free parking around the corner.
Overall, ok experience, but probably wouldn't stay there again unless it was very necessary.

• Stayed May 2006

Families
Business

Been to Milshire Hotel? Share your experiences!