“Hooker motel!” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chicago
Lincoln Motel
You added Lincoln Motel to your Saves list
5900 N. Lincoln Ave, Chicago, IL 60659 (Rogers Park)   |
Ranked #147 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Alameda, CA
“Hooker motel!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2004

Stayed here with a friend of mine in July 2004 because most of the regular motels and hotels are ridiculously expensive near downtown Chicago ($130/night for a Super 8 motel?!). I knew it would be an adventure, but I didn't expect the lighted and MIRRORED ceiling. In fact, mirrors covered nearly every wall of the room. Very disturbing. The cigarette burns and BLOOD STAINS on the sheets were a bit nauseating, and I wasn't really happy at being asked, "You done, you finished?" by the cleaning ladies when we left. Also, the maintenance guy would not stop staring at me (I'm a man) whenever I was outside my room.... leering at me like some chicken hawk. All in all, a repulsive experience, but certainly one to be remembered. If you're looking for cheap lodging IN Chicago, try the Diplomat on Lincoln. It's fairly scummy, but much less so than the Lincoln, The Stars, or any of the tragically run-down motels on that strip. Beautiful neon signs, but Lincoln Ave. is no longer a thoroughfare, and the expressways and freeways installed in the 60's ruined the area.

• Stayed August 2004

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to Lincoln Motel? Share your experiences!