“Awesome beer selection” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pub
Tomah, Wisconsin
“Awesome beer selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stopped in Monk's Pub on our way to the hotel from the train station. Was very full for Friday after-work crowd (got there right at 5:00). Excellent beer selection. Good bartender (even though it was very busy, we didn't have a long wait). I'd definitely come back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

84% Recommend
MARION
“Great place for beer. Food was ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The beer selection at this place is usually exceptional. I went at a time when they had replaced all regular beers with a winter tour and were out of most of them as well. It was a Friday night and going to be a long weekend if they were already out of beers on draft. Ordered food as well. It wasn't spectacular just average. Waiter brought me the wrong bottled beer and charged me for it as well. I didnt say anything as we really needed to go and didnt notice until after i left. This place usually impresses me when we come to Chicago, this time not so much!

Visited December 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Atmosphere is Great, Food is Inconsistent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Love the atmosphere at Monk's. It's such a cute place and I love the decor. My office is now right around the corner from Monk's and I eat here frequently. I will go back for the atmosphere and decor, the food has just been inconsistent. I was at Monk's twice last week and one meal was outstanding and the other was mediocre. The tater tots we ordered were way overcooked on one visit and the mac and cheese bites were perfect the next. Was very upset the one day I ordered a salad and curly fries and the cost was just almost $20. The salad was very plain, with very little ingredients except for the lettuce. Just wish I'd know if I was going to get a great meal when I go to Monk's or a mediocre one.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Grilled cheese & bacon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Yummmmm my absolute fave to order! It's always yummy!!! It is a must try. The fries are also good as well. Good spot for lunch.

Visited December 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
“Hopping on a Friday Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We passed by the place first trip down the street as I now believe the exterior appearance was a bit deceptive (looked quiet/more formal) and we were in search of a local happy hour near our hotel. Coming back an hour later we decided to drop in on a Friday Night and found our first impression from the street to be wrong; we were very lucky to get two seats together at the bar.

The service was prompt and the crowd lively. We chatted with a few locals and got recommendations for other area stops during our visit. They offer your typical bar food and we opted for some nachos to munch on which Hubby enjoyed tremendously. Nice selection of beers, decent wine and the prices were reasonable for the area. Would definately stop in again.

• Visited May 2012