“Delicious Chocolate cake and "everyman food"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Portillo's Hot Dogs

Portillo's Hot Dogs
100 West Ontario Street, Chicago, IL 60654 (Near North Side)
(312) 587-8910
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 8,489 Restaurants in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Near North Side
“Delicious Chocolate cake and "everyman food"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Food is delicious if unhealthy. Chocolate cake is not to be missed! Kids particularly enjoy Portillos.

Visited December 2012

Evergreen Park, Illinois
“The Neighborhood Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I love how they cook the food, they grilled polishes and hamburger on a big grill, thier french fries are delicous, also I loved the fact it is right in my neighborhood.

Visited November 2012
virginia
“Good food, good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Within 2 hours of being in Chicago I went to Portillos. First I had the original hot dog with all the trimmings. I actually like it better than I thought I would. Then I knew I had to get the Italian Beef I've heard so much about. It was a pretty good, messy sandwich.

I love the ambience in there & liked how the worker made a jingle with every order number called out. Quick service too & plenty of seating even though they were busy. I would definitely go again!

Mount Zion, Illinois
“Classic Chicago Hot Dog Joint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Each choice I have ever chosen, I've never been disappointed. I try something different almost every time. And depending on if you get a "veteran" crew, they will be yelling and hollering for fun calling out customers names for orders.

Visited August 2012
“Home style with flair”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We go here every year with a large group of family members just before new year's day. I understand that they have a number of locations. We go the location near Barrington IL. This is an incredibly interesting place to me. You have an assortment of 50's memorabilia and decor. The menu consists of a blend of american fast food items and italian. This isn't gourmet food, but it is all fresh, clean and delicious. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely reccomend this for any family.

• Visited December 2012