“A VERY FAVORABLE REVIEW FOR A VERY CHARMING ACCOMODATION.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Roscoe Village Guesthouse

You added Roscoe Village Guesthouse to your Saves list
Roscoe Village Guesthouse
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   2104 W. Roscoe, Chicago, IL 60618 (Roscoe Village)   |
Ranked #12 of 54 Specialty Lodging in Chicago
LOUISIANA
“A VERY FAVORABLE REVIEW FOR A VERY CHARMING ACCOMODATION.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

We found the Guesthouse to be far more comfortable than a high rise traditional hotel. Six of us, including two small children, were able to enjoy space to ourselves. Having two beautifully appointed full bathrooms certainly added to everyone's comfort. It was nice to have a full kitchen. The general atmosphere is of a freshly updated city apartment in a really cool neighborhood. The only thing that could make it better is a location closer to a train stop. Since the weather was good for most of our visit, we enjoyed the six or so block walk to the nearest station.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

We needed a last minute place to stay with a group of eight and luckily found this delightful 2 family in Roscoe Village. It is newly done, has a great kitchen and plenty of room for all of us. We were able to walk to dinner and shopping. Downtown is a short cab ride away. The place itself was clean and comfortable. Ample free street park was a huge plus. The owner was easy to work with, answering calls and emails promptly.

Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Caliente, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

We had our extended family traveling to see some Cubs games and to enjoy the sites of Shicago. My Dad who is 85 and brothers and sisters were able to get around Chicago by using the bus service that we caught a block away from the rental and took us to train station that got us everywhere we wanted to go. The location is perfect to walk to Wrighley Field about a mile away with alot to see on the way there. We rented all three apartments and used the back yard that joins them for visiting and BQ'S. Our Landlords were more than great with us and had a wonderful week together.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

Our condo was everything that was advertised, and then some - comfortable beds, crisp linens, plush towels and a safe environment! It was the perfect place for sisters to meet for a long weekend and either stay in or hop on the "el" a few blocks away & enjoy all that Chicago offers. It was fun exploring the immediate neighborhood, which itself had plenty to offer. We'd do it again in a heartbeat and highly recommend it to anyone who wants a real Chicago experience.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

My buddies and I left central Illinois for a nice trip to a Cubs game. The place was unbelievable. Our jaws were on the ground when we saw the amenities like stainless steel kitchen appliances, top notch bathrooms, flat screen tv's (one was in the masterbedroom bathroom) and the clean showers. The back patio is spacious enough to throw a baseball or play bean bag toss. There are plenty of places that take pictures of sparkling pools and bedrooms from 10 years ago, but I can promise you that these condos are the best in Chicago. If you are looking for some good food, there are plenty of places up the road that are within a 5 minute walking distance.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
South Beach, Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

My husband and I recently returned to our hold town of Chicago to celebrate our 31st Anniversary. Our daughter and her new husband joined us. We had the GREAT pleasure of staying at The Roscoe Village Guesthouse on the north side of the City. The 3 bedroom, 2 bath apartment was charming and well appointed. The bathrooms were gorgeous with double sinks in each room, and a jacuzzi tub. Washer and dryer was available in the basement of the building. The new kitchen appliances were great, letting us save a lot of $$$ on expensive "hotel breakfasts." The back yard was relaxing with cushioned teak outdoor furniture and a grill that we enjoyed cooking on one evening. Even the beds were comfortable. The cost was a mere $375 per person for a five night stay including the parking of two cars!!!! Try to get that rate at a four star hotel - which is what I would compare The Roscoe Village Guesthouse to. And... the owners are the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. The neighborhood had a lot of great boutiques, restaurants and bars all within two blocks walking distance. And if you don't plan on having a car - the bus is also just two blocks away. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

A wonderful guesthouse/furnished condo with **exceptionally helpful management.**

I live in the area and my townhome suffered a servere roof leak causing me to be suddenly homeless for weeks. I checked out many options in the city (hotels, B&Bs), knowing I had to find a very good place b/c I'd be there a while. Roscoe Village Guesthouse offers a huge space, the ability to have covered parking (rare & wonderful!), and attractive modern decor. The location is fabulous if your loooking a for nieghborhood-type stay (i.e Cubs games; Roscoe St. is one of the best restuarant rows on the northside). I did most of my cooking in lovely kitchen, however. It also has a beautiful yard with tress and outdoor grill that I looked enviously at b/c my stay was in Feb. Instead, I enjoyed the indoor gas fireplace. The place sleeps *many* and I kept thinking during my stay: I bet this would be a great for a reunion or family event. The best part for me, thouhg, was the OWNER is such a generally good person and SO HOSPITABLE. He was willing to accomodate my unique situation in ways I never expected , i.e. he was highly responive to my every phone call and email, was patient and flexible with my up-in-the-air dates, helped me with storage and even allowed me to bring in some of my plants so they wouldn't die, etc. He made a really, really tough situation bearable. Even the maid Philomenia was nice (maid service is included with a longer stay). The only negative is that they need to get the lock fixed on door btw the garage &inner yard, and the kitchen could use a few more cooking items. But you're not paying Ritz prices, so this place is a deal. I will be recommending RVG to all my friends & family who visit now.

FYI, also stayed a few days at their sister location on Eugenie St, which is an a ttractive place as well---a smaller unit but a more eventful neighborhood. Both are charming; depends on your needs.

Reviewer Profile: Avid traveler. Have stayed in everything from tents to 5-star hotels in four continents.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo

Been to Roscoe Village Guesthouse? Share your experiences!