“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel

Save Saved
You added MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel to your Saves list
MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   166 East Superior Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Affinia Chicago) (Near North Side)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Up to 20% Off Your Stay!
Ranked #39 of 169 hotels in Chicago
São Paulo
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

You can find better place for the money that you will spend to stay in this hotel.
If you are planning to book this hotel be aware that what you pay is not what you get. The first room that was given to me had no fridge, microwaves and the television wasn't working. The next day I complained about the room that wasn't as described on my reservation and they made an "upgrade" to apologize for my inconvenience. Even the new room that was supposed to be better wasn't even close to what was described on to my reservation. The new room had a queen size bed and I had paid for a room with a king size bed. At this point I was so disappointed that I leave that way.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

1,728 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We found this hotel online for a six night city break. Never having been to Chicago before we were unsure of where to stay. This hotel was perfect for us. Situated just off Michigan Avenue, Chicago's prime shopping district it offered a quiet sanctuary. Large enough to have all the facilities required but small enough to offer a friendly personal service. Our city view studio room was large, with two queen sized beds. The bathroom was nice with a good shower. Breakfasts were courtesy of Starbucks in the lobby, OK but nothing special. However we discovered a great cafe, the West Egg two or three blocks away. There were several good 'local' restaurants nearby, we enjoyed Rosebud, Giodianos, Friends Sushi and Jake Melnick's Corner Tap. All within ten minutes' walk. The reason I am giving five stars is for the way the hotel dealt with some partying in adjoining rooms during Lolapalooza. Their security people stopped some minor noise period, no messing. Not many hotels would deal with an issue like this so effectively.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed at Mile North for 5 nights in August, and had 2 rooms (one for us and one for the kids). The hotel is great value - the rooms are well appointed, much larger than a 'usual' hotel room, and well maintained. There is a roof top bar, reasonably priced and with fabulous views of the summer Chicago skyline.

The location is excellent. A (very) short walk to the Magnificent Mile and Water Tower shopping, with all the shops you could want. An equally short stroll takes you to bus stops on Michigan Av where you can get a bus to Lincoln Park zoo (north) and Museums (south).

Forget the reviews that say there is nowhere to eat. Corner Bakery is a block away, with everything you need, West Egg, a more traditional diner is a couple of blocks away. Numerous pizza restaurants, and chains (TGIFs, PF Chang's, Rock Bottom, Cheesecake Factory) are between 2 and 15 minutes.

Beds are comfy, air conditioning good (maybe a little fierce), lifts slowish as there are just two above floors 7(but, really, not a big deal).

Our experience was that we would not stay, in Chicago, anywhere else.

Room Tip: Above floor 20
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Me and my friend recently stayed here (last night to be exact). And the from l front desk attendants were very helpful and nice. The room was very clean and comfortable, definitely a home away from home feeling when I walked in. I can safely say I was a bit cautious about how loud the traffic would be at night but I couldn't hear a sound from the outside world and slept like a baby. And the rooftop view is like no other in Chicago, having a 360 view amazing.
Thanks MileNorth for the great stay and your hospitality. I will be recommending you all to my family and friends.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed overnight before flying out of Chicago with my wife and two boys (12&10) and wanted a location near to Michigan Ave shopping, There is a Corner Bakery two blocks away (about the same as a Walgreens in the opposite direction). It took me less than 5 minutes running to get to the lakeshore for my morning run and we walked to and from the Rush & Division area for dinner easily. The MileNorth was a perfect solution and the price was really great via a travel site.

We spent 3 nights in NYC and there was NO COMPARISON: The MileNorth has free WIFI; Large, Modern rooms; A HUGE Bathroom with a HUGE shower; Free exercise room; and a staff which is really, really helpful. Our hotel in NYC was significantly smaller with a 1970s bathroom and three times the price and no amenities.

We live in Europe so the modern style of the lobby appeals to us.

Our room was on the 5th floor on the street side and we didn't hear any noise from outside. The only flaw with the room is the noise the AC fan makes. It doesn't wake you up when you're sleeping but you hear it when you're awake.

The front desk is small and seemed understaffed at the busy times of the day when a lot of people were checking-in or checking-out. They had some glitch in the system so it appeared on my AMEX that I was being charged twice for the room but the staff spent the necessary time with me to clear it up.

I see some comments about the (poor) housekeeping staff but we didn't have any issues with our room which was really in great shape when we checked-in.

Overall, I would recommend it to people who want to be in that part of town and are concerned about their budget.

Long Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

MileNorth seeks to be an uber hip boutique hotel, from the lobby to the rooms but i've had better experiences in budget hotels. Located a block off Michigan Ave., other than Gino's East Pizza and the side door to Nieman Marcus, there is nothing else around. The lobby, decorated with modern couches and chairs, is dominated by Starbucks and a bar and feels cold. The front desk is little more than a 6-foot wide stand near the elevators looking to be constructed of old valises. The hotel has a restaurant, but there is no place for breakfast within blocks. We purchased some items in Walgreen around the corner and stored them in the mini-fridge. Our rooms had the bathroom, decorated in bright orange foil, 3 steps above the sleeping area. Not a great idea for nighttime pitstops. Our 17th floor MileNorth double room didn't have much of a view, but not a big deal, but the mattress seemed way to short. I am not tall, but my feet were off the bottom edge. Weekend housing keeping was a joke. We spent most of our Saturday out sightseeing. Housekeeping showed up a 5 pm while we were showering and dressing for a wedding. The housekeeper never returned. Our room went unmade, dirty coffee cups and towels littered the room and trash baskets overflowed. Family members in another room requested housekeeping to clean up some broken glass received no response. We complained upon checking out, but received nothing but sorries for our troubles.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The staff was GREAT, thanks Dora (at front desk) hooked me up with a suite. It was beautiful. Loved the room, Urban buddy is a GREAT app and everyone should download and get this app when visiting any city. It provides you with real locals who know their city, and can tell you the best hole-in-the-wall spots to check out, just like a text!

Room Tip: download Urbanbuddy as an app on your phone! it helped me SO much, when i needed to find the best co...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Been to MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel? Share your experiences!