“Fantastic location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel

You added MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel to your Saves list
MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   166 East Superior Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Affinia Chicago) (Near North Side)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Up to 40% Off Your Stay!
Ranked #45 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We booked this holiday through an internet booking site – it was cheaper than booking direct. We had booked for five nights. When we arrived, which was just a little after the check-in time, our room was not ready. The receptionist recommended that we waited in the café lounge area which is in the reception. The Manager on duty (it was a man, I am sorry I cannot remember his name) came over to us and offered us complimentary drinks due to our inconvenience. We had not complained so this was a nice touch. We only had to wait a short time before our room was ready. The Manager was very friendly and helpful and throughout our stay made an effort to chat to us to make sure everything was okay. The café lounge had a variety of drinks and food that you could order.

Our room was lovely and clean. It had the added bonus of having a fridge in your room so that you could keep anything you bought in it, such as cheesecake from the local shop!! Wi-fi was free also which is not always the case in American hotels. It had a lovely roof top bar which was very relaxing. We had to stay in Chicago an additional two nights and again booked through an internet booking site and therefore pre-paid. However when we arrived home we noted that the hotel had charged us again. I contacted the hotel and they reimbursed us quickly however it was unfortunate that this happened. In the reception areas there are computers that you can use with no charge and you can print off your boarding cards etc when checking in flights. The reception staff were very helpful and polite and will assist with sending faxes should you need to. The location is excellent for all the tourist attractions, shopping, Magnificent Mile. Overall the hotel offered a very good experience and we were happy with my stay. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicole R, Manager at MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Hello RosD2,

Thank you for sharing your favorite features and amenities of your recent stay at MileNorth Hotel on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and our team's efforts to ensure you received an excellent experience. We however apologize for the confusion on the second booking but glad we were able to quickly correct the issue. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Chicago!

Steven Ellingsen | General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ulverston, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for four nights in room 2606 a split level room with a desk, three piece suite. The room was top notch. We had pre paid for the room and on check out they wanted to charge $5/day for incidents ( free internet and phone calls) I wish they had told me about the free calls as I had been using my mol phone. They didn't charge me in the end. Other wise a great holel in a great location and it made a good start to our hols.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Stuart,

Thank you for sharing your favorite features and amenities of your recent stay at MileNorth Hotel on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and our team's efforts to ensure you received an excellent experience. I have notified my staff to ensure the miscommunication of the service charge is an isolated. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Chicago!

Hemlock, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We had an excellent stay at MileNorth! There were 9 in our party (myself, 6 children, and my aging parents) and we arrived prior to check-in. The manager (Tamika) gave us 5 star service. She was so kind and accommodating. The rooms were very nice and the prices were fair. I had the opportunity to enjoy a cocktail on the (newly opened) rooftop bar. The drinks and the staff were top notch! Located next to Gino's East, this is win win!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hello Julie W,

Thank you for sharing your favorite features and amenities of your recent stay at MileNorth Hotel on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and received an excellent experience. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Chicago!

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We spent 6 nights in this hotel and found it totally excellent. The rooms are very well decorated, really comfortable and spotless clean. Each day the room is cleaned to a very high standard. The location could not be better. All the main attractions are all within walking distance. The area is nice and quiet and had a really safe feeling even when walking about at night.
The only negative I have is on our arrival the room safe was broken and the maintenance man came immediately to look at it. He said it would be repaired as soon as possible. I asked 3 times when it would be fixed but got no straight answer at which time I gave up. After our 6 night stay it still wasn't fixed and nobody decided to tell us if would not be fixed during our stay. On check out I told the desk staff of our disappointment on which they deducted $29 from our bill. This was a service charge that I had not expected to pay anyway and when I asked it was for I was told it was for wifi. On my booking it stated wifi was free.
Overall this is an excellent hotel and we would defiantly stay here again.

Stayed August 2014
Hello JandDatOCD,

Thank you for your input on your recent experience with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our location and room accommodations. On a separate note, I sincerely apologize that your maintenance experience was less than stellar. Your feedback is very important to us and we are addressing your concerns. I welcome the opportunity to speak further about your personal experience. Please let me know if you would like to continue this conversation offline by contacting me directly at the below.

Steven Ellingsen
312-787-6000
Turin, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have been in this hotel in July 2014. The Hotel is not very big but the hall and the reception are quite confortable and nice. The personnel is very polite and the procedures for check in very fast. The room was excellent: large, clean and with good air conditioning. The bed was very confortable and the toilette had a large shower. Free wifi both in the room and in the hall. The gym was not a big one, but equipped enough for a good workout. I didn't have the occasion to try the restaurant and the roof bar. Avoid the bar in the reception: very expensive. The position of the hotel is spectacular: 5 minutes walking from the magnificent mile and the water tower. In addition it is absolutely close to Northwestern University and several Hospitals of the same University. The ratio between quality and price considering services and position in dowtown Chicago is excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hello RobyRamone,

Lawrenceville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I LOVE the Mile North Hotel! The rooms are tastefully decorated and spacious. The hotel staff are all very friendly and helpful. There is a Starbucks in the lobby and Gino's East pizza right next door. It is convenient to shopping and major transportation. Wish all hotels could be like this one...I highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Nicole R, General Manager at MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Hello Daisy,

Canyon Lake, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

The first room they put us in had a broken AC. It took 4 phone calls for them to come look at it. Maintenance "fixed" it for 20 minutes and it went out again. They would not move us so we sweated in bed on Night #1 in Chicago. The 2nd day we were moved to another room which also had AC problems. We sweated on Night #2 in Chicago. They "fixed" it on Day #3. Nights #3 &4 were fine. They insulted us by trying to "make-up" with drink coupons. We have kids and did not drink. They then tried to charge us an extra $20 Hotel Service Fee upon checkout which I did not pay. I asked to speak to the Manager on Duty, he was busy. I asked them to have him call me, which he did not do. He also did not return my e-mails. We will not be staying at MileNorth Chicago again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a working AC
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello Brad C,

Thank you for your input on your recent experience with us. I sincerely apologize that your experience with our staff and lack of response was less than stellar. Your feedback is very important to us and we are addressing your concerns. I welcome the opportunity to speak further about your personal experience. Please let me know if you would like to continue this conversation offline by contacting me directly at the below.

Steven Ellingsen
312-787-6000

Been to MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel? Share your experiences!