“nice stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel

You added MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel to your Saves list
MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   166 East Superior Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Affinia Chicago) (Near North Side)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Up to 40% Off Your Stay!
Ranked #44 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Ulverston, England, United Kingdom
“nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for four nights in room 2606 a split level room with a desk, three piece suite. The room was top notch. We had pre paid for the room and on check out they wanted to charge $5/day for incidents ( free internet and phone calls) I wish they had told me about the free calls as I had been using my mol phone. They didn't charge me in the end. Other wise a great holel in a great location and it made a good start to our hols.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicole R, Manager at MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Hello Stuart,

Thank you for sharing your favorite features and amenities of your recent stay at MileNorth Hotel on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and our team's efforts to ensure you received an excellent experience. I have notified my staff to ensure the miscommunication of the service charge is an isolated. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Chicago!

Steven Ellingsen | General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hemlock, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We had an excellent stay at MileNorth! There were 9 in our party (myself, 6 children, and my aging parents) and we arrived prior to check-in. The manager (Tamika) gave us 5 star service. She was so kind and accommodating. The rooms were very nice and the prices were fair. I had the opportunity to enjoy a cocktail on the (newly opened) rooftop bar. The drinks and the staff were top notch! Located next to Gino's East, this is win win!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hello Julie W,

Thank you for sharing your favorite features and amenities of your recent stay at MileNorth Hotel on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and received an excellent experience. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Chicago!

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We spent 6 nights in this hotel and found it totally excellent. The rooms are very well decorated, really comfortable and spotless clean. Each day the room is cleaned to a very high standard. The location could not be better. All the main attractions are all within walking distance. The area is nice and quiet and had a really safe feeling even when walking about at night.
The only negative I have is on our arrival the room safe was broken and the maintenance man came immediately to look at it. He said it would be repaired as soon as possible. I asked 3 times when it would be fixed but got no straight answer at which time I gave up. After our 6 night stay it still wasn't fixed and nobody decided to tell us if would not be fixed during our stay. On check out I told the desk staff of our disappointment on which they deducted $29 from our bill. This was a service charge that I had not expected to pay anyway and when I asked it was for I was told it was for wifi. On my booking it stated wifi was free.
Overall this is an excellent hotel and we would defiantly stay here again.

Stayed August 2014
Hello JandDatOCD,

Thank you for your input on your recent experience with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our location and room accommodations. On a separate note, I sincerely apologize that your maintenance experience was less than stellar. Your feedback is very important to us and we are addressing your concerns. I welcome the opportunity to speak further about your personal experience. Please let me know if you would like to continue this conversation offline by contacting me directly at the below.

Turin, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have been in this hotel in July 2014. The Hotel is not very big but the hall and the reception are quite confortable and nice. The personnel is very polite and the procedures for check in very fast. The room was excellent: large, clean and with good air conditioning. The bed was very confortable and the toilette had a large shower. Free wifi both in the room and in the hall. The gym was not a big one, but equipped enough for a good workout. I didn't have the occasion to try the restaurant and the roof bar. Avoid the bar in the reception: very expensive. The position of the hotel is spectacular: 5 minutes walking from the magnificent mile and the water tower. In addition it is absolutely close to Northwestern University and several Hospitals of the same University. The ratio between quality and price considering services and position in dowtown Chicago is excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hello RobyRamone,

Lawrenceville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I LOVE the Mile North Hotel! The rooms are tastefully decorated and spacious. The hotel staff are all very friendly and helpful. There is a Starbucks in the lobby and Gino's East pizza right next door. It is convenient to shopping and major transportation. Wish all hotels could be like this one...I highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Nicole R, General Manager at MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Hello Daisy,

Canyon Lake, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

The first room they put us in had a broken AC. It took 4 phone calls for them to come look at it. Maintenance "fixed" it for 20 minutes and it went out again. They would not move us so we sweated in bed on Night #1 in Chicago. The 2nd day we were moved to another room which also had AC problems. We sweated on Night #2 in Chicago. They "fixed" it on Day #3. Nights #3 &4 were fine. They insulted us by trying to "make-up" with drink coupons. We have kids and did not drink. They then tried to charge us an extra $20 Hotel Service Fee upon checkout which I did not pay. I asked to speak to the Manager on Duty, he was busy. I asked them to have him call me, which he did not do. He also did not return my e-mails. We will not be staying at MileNorth Chicago again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a working AC
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello Brad C,

Thank you for your input on your recent experience with us. I sincerely apologize that your experience with our staff and lack of response was less than stellar. Your feedback is very important to us and we are addressing your concerns. I welcome the opportunity to speak further about your personal experience. Please let me know if you would like to continue this conversation offline by contacting me directly at the below.

NY/NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I am in Chicago at least once a month for the past 8 years and love most of it's hotels. But I needed a place last minute, so I stayed here for one night. While the hotel is clean with large rooms, my experience with their staff was horrific.

As usual, I prepaid for my room and upon check-in left a card for incidentals. To my dismay, they charged my card for a large amount, which caused an overdraft. It took me 5 calls to get the charge reversed and they did not cover the $35 overdraft fee for my card.

I mean, it's only $35, but this is just outright petty and laziness.

It is my hope that this was an isolated incident, but they did nothing to rectify a simple request. So the damage is done.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hello KMKC08,

Thank you for your input on your recent experience with us. I sincerely apologize that your experience with our staff was less than stellar. Your feedback is very important to us and we are addressing your concerns. I welcome the opportunity to speak further about your personal experience. Please let me know if you would like to continue this conversation offline by contacting me directly at the below.

312-787-6000

Been to MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel? Share your experiences!