“Excellent Value and Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel

Save Saved
You added MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel to your Saves list
MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   166 East Superior Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Affinia Chicago) (Near North Side)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Up to 20% Off Your Stay!
Ranked #37 of 167 hotels in Chicago
Savannah
“Excellent Value and Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The only reason I didn't give this hotel 5 circles is because they don't inform you that they are going to charge you a $6.95 service fee for each reservation for use of wifi, business center, fitness center, etc which we didn't use at all during our one night stay. However, even with this charge, the hotel was an excellent value - we received a great last minute rate through the hotel website which was cheaper than the best rate I had found elsewhere. The location was convenient to all we wanted to do in Chicago. We had our twin one year olds with us and they provided us with two cribs. The room had a long entry way which gave us a place to put the cribs and be able to have a little separation from them which was important since they go to bed before us. Our room had a great view of the city skyline. Both the room and bathroom were large. I would definitely return to this hotel if I return to Chicago.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1,721 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The updated room was spacious and beautifully decorated. This spotlessly clean and friendly hotel was a steal for the money, which I was able to snag on Kayak or Expedia, I don't remember which, but I'd stay there again in a heartbeat, although it was a little further from the theatre district than was indicated.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed at the MileNorth with family. The hotel is well located and one block away to catch a bus to the museum districts. Our room was on the 26th floor with a nice view down St. Clair. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and we were even able to check into our room early which helped us get our bearings before hitting the town.

The room was not overly large but it was not cramped either. As other reviewers mentioned there was a slight step down from the entry/bathroom/fridge/desk area to where the beds were. The beds were comfortable and the room was very quiet. There are only a handful of rooms on each floor so there is not a lot of traffic or door slamming going on.

We did not take advantage of the restaurant or visit the bar on this trip. However, we did do the American Girl package for our daughter which was all ready to go when we arrived. For those interested, the American Girl store is just about 3 blocks away and a very easy walk from the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Usually when I stay in Chicago I am staying further south toward Grant Park, but since we were in town for a wedding on the Magnificent Mile we booked here. First of all, this was a great value. We paid in advance on a cutthroat rate I found on kayak.com, so for us this was a steal. We paid much less than the other rates in this area that our family had.

The room was massive! One of the biggest city hotel rooms I had ever had. The hotel had a trendy vibe but wasn't stuffy. The cafe in the lobby was great for my morning coffee fix (they serve Starbucks) and the staff were really helpful. My room was ready when I arrived a few hours early and I was very tired from travel and happy to be able to go right up and relax. Our bathroom was very large with a lovely shower and nice soft towels. The wallpaper was metallic and peeling in some spots, but I didn't mind it.

I checked out the gym with good intentions (I never went) and it was pretty small but nicely stocked. We never made it up to the rooftop, we were so busy in Chicago. The wifi in our room was quite spotty so I was glad I didn't end up bringing up computer, but again we didn't care because we were not in our room that much.

The location was really great. Totally walkable from the red line of the subway and also near a Divvy station for bike access (my sister and I took bikes one day). Right next to the historic Original Gino's East for pizza and there were tons of food options and shopping nearby - it's the Magnificent Mile!

I would definitely consider staying here again and would recommend it highly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

A nice hotel just off the Mile. Well kept, nice staff. Had a spacious room high up with a nice view. If you want to be close to everything, this is a good choice. Great view on the top bar. Easy to grab a breakfast on the ground floor.

Room Tip: High up! The higher the better.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

MileNorth is in a great location - close to shopping, the Hancock tower and a short walk to Oak Street beach. The rooms are comfortable and larger than most I've been to in Chicago. I also really appreciated their green initiatives - they offered a $5 per day credit if you opted not to have your room cleaned/linens replaced and they have in shower dispensers for their shampoo, conditioner, and body wash vs. the travel size bottles.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This is a very useful and well-located hotel. The area is very safe at all hours. We were in Chicago for a Northwestern Law School graduation and this hotel's location was perfect. It is just off the Magnificent Mile, super close to Northwestern Law School (and the Northwestern Medical Center's many buildings) and a very short walk to Michigan Avenue for ready access to public transit as well.

The hotel's decor is a funny combo of uber modern (virtual fireplaces) with charming touches of vintage (old school typewriters and suitcases), resulting in a quirky, but comfortable setting. The lobby is not large, but has adequate seating areas and gathering spaces. A small coffee bar and restaurant also share the first floor.

Our room had a small set of stairs (2 steps) between the bed and the room's entrance, bathroom and desk areas. Not a problem for us, but worth noting if mobility, particularly in a dark room at night, are of concern. The linens, bedding and room fittings were lovely; our room was remarkably silent. The front-desk staff are friendly, professional and efficient, but the doormen are notably aloof and disinterested with the result that they are completely unhelpful with cabs. Fortunately, the taxis are plentiful throughout the area, well-regulated and reliable. (In other words, you don't have to worry about safety when getting into a random cab.)

The hotel has a rooftop bar called '5280' which has a lovely view. Nothing remarkable about the drinks, but we enjoyed their sliders as a pick-me-up in between the weekend's events.

There is a Gino's East Pizza next door.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel? Share your experiences!