“Very nice room, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel

You added MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel to your Saves list
MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   166 East Superior Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Affinia Chicago) (Near North Side)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Up to 40% Off Your Stay!
Ranked #44 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Grand Rapids
“Very nice room, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Not sure how our suite compared to a standard room from the description in the brochure but it was nicely appointed and spacious. Eleveator service was fast (not always the case in many boutique hotels.
Front desk, Housekeeping staff and concerierge were very friendly and helpful.

I'm not sure if the side of the hotel your room is on makes a difference but the hotel's location next to the Children's Hospital ensured a significant amount of noise from sirens and middle of the night truck deliveries. Staying in downtown Chicago sirens are basically an expectation!

Next visit to downtown Chicago this hotel will be strongly considered.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The overall location of this hotel is great but the noise level from my 3rd floor room kept me awake all night. The room overlooked an alley where trucks were loading and unloading metal dumpsters throughout the entire night into early morning. I appreciate that the hotel will be renovating and upgrading the single pane windows in 2013, but until then, the lower level rooms overlooking that loading area should be avoided.

I wanted to share my feedback about the room, so went to check out in person at the front desk. I was disappointed that we were never asked, what should be standard at every checkout, "how was your stay?"

I have stayed at numerous other hotels in Chicago (including the Hyatt, which is a couple blocks over, also next to the hospital), and this is the first time the noise of the city has ever prevented me from sleeping. With all that the city has to offer, I do not find the various amenities of a hotel very important. For the money spent though, the least I was expecting was a good night sleep.

• Stayed December 2012
HeidiEdinger, Director of Sales at MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Good morning, Kellbar

Thank you for taking time to post your review. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a good night sleep with us. We are working hard to get our window project completed so that we will cut down on the noise factor significantly. You are correct, the front desk agent you spoke to absolutely should have asked how your stay was. If you have a name of the desk clerk you were dealing with, please do let me know so that we can make sure our guests are being taken care of properly at check-in, during their stay and at check-out. I hope you will give us another change to make your experience at MileNorth a great one. I'm happy to discuss your comments further if you like. In the meantime, Happy New Year!!

Kind regards,
Heidi Edinger, CMP, CASE
Dir. of Sales & Marketing
Howell, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Great experience - nice rooms, very spacious and great view. We stayed two nights. I would return to this hotel again without hesitation. Location was perfect for shopping and eating - rooms and lobby very clean

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night during our trip to the city. We got a great deal on Priceline and took Metra down (valet parking is very expensive). The location is excellent and the room was very nice as well. It was very clean and somewhat modern. We did not eat at the hotel. Gino's East is right next door and it is highly recommended. We did check out the C-View Lounge and that is ridiculously overpriced. We basically walked in, looked at a menu, and walked right on out. There is a great pub called Castle and Elephant Pub right across the street. We were able to walk to Navy Pier as well. It is about a 15-20 minute walk. We would stay at the hotel again for sure!

buffalo grove
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

stayed there two nights.(room 15xx) great price on LivingSocial. beautiful hotel, furnishings, fixtures etc. very comfy room with all the amenities I needed. wife wasn't entirely thrilled (no vanity mirror, hairdryer) but I had everything I needed. My legs are not in great shape so I wasn't thrilled that there were two steps down inside after you walked in so had to be really careful. also the double bolt lock that locks from the inside didn't work and I told 3 different front desk employees about this and each one said they would have the engineer fix it. they DID NOT fix it and I felt very unsafe when we were in the room and couldn't dead bolt the door (especially sleeping). had a little issue with the elevators not working properly. at breakfast in the adorable restaurant attached. wonderful food and service. all in all though a good experience at a fair price. great location. we would probably stay there again

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I purchased this room via Priceline at a great rate. My wife, daughter and I arrived to the hotel arrived around 11:00 am and we were promptly greeted by the bellman and front desk staff. We were able to check in and obtain a room right away.

This was our second stay at the property although the first time it was under previous ownership. The lobby was decorated nicely for the holidays. Our room was large and comfortable enough for the three if us. We had an "alley view" room and the building next to us limited the amount of daylight into the room. There were many lamps but we still found it a little to dark. The windows seemed to be drafty on the cold Chicago weekend.

The bathroom was large and modern. We did think the shower was a little short on the Hot water. It wasn't cold but it wasn't hot either.

Having spent many nights in the area, I'm aware of the sounds in the city and area with hospital close by. I understand the property is going through an upgrade and will be blocking more of the noise. We didn't experience any noise issues from the ambulances passing by.

I would recommend this hotel based on price and location. It is within easy walking distance from anywhere on Michigan Ave and the Loop area.

• Stayed December 2012
Heidi E, Director of Sales at MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear DerekHoffer,

Thank you for taking time to post your review of MileNorth. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your return visit with us. We are well into our window project and are adding a second pane of glass to help with both noise and drafts in our guestrooms. The difference in our guest experience once the entire project is completed should be significant. I hope you will come back to see us again soon and have a very Happy New Year!

Kind regards,
Heidi Edinger, CMP, CASE
Dir. of Sales & Marketing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Great location, steps off Michigan Ave. Gino's pizza next door. Hotel staff was over and beyond expections. The room was incredible, the shower was the best part. The view was the C-View was beautiful, the city sparkled with the christmas lights. Will definately go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel? Share your experiences!