“Hidden Gem Close to Magnificent Mile” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel

You added MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel to your Saves list
MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   166 East Superior Street, Chicago, IL 60611 (Formerly Affinia Chicago) (Near North Side)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Up to 40% Off Your Stay!
Ranked #43 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Davenport, Iowa
“Hidden Gem Close to Magnificent Mile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We booked this hotel through a deal on Travel Zoo for a two night, three day getaway between Christmas and New Year's Eve to celebrate my birthday. The hotel was in a great location, the staff were friendly, parking was easy and our Junior Suite was fantastic. We felt like rockstars in on our city vacation!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 16th floor at the front of the hotel and you could clearly hear the streets and amb...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
InteractiveMarketing, General Manager at MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Dear dumont82, Thanks for the highly complimentary review of Affinia Chicago. I'm glad to hear you felt like rockstars, we really take time to customize each guest's stay and it's nice to hear you appreciated that. Good tip about the higher floors - the city views are pretty incredible. It's nice to know you had a great celebration & I look forward to welcoming you back, Stephen Blackford, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

The hotel is in a very good location and also seems to be affordable. The view from the hotel rooms can be magnificient provided you get a room closer to the top. Unfortunately, the service was during some occasions poor. Breakfast in the restaurant downstairs was for a fee, but that could possibly be related to the type of accommodation (with/without breakfast). The hotel staff was rude and imposing. On one occasion I was waiting for my friend downstairs in the lobby. The receptionist started to interrogate me about the purpose of my waiting and needless to say the questioning was done rather rudely. One night I was awakened by persistent knocking on the door. As it turned out, one of the hotel personnel brought back the laundry but mistakened the room! As a result, night sleep ruined. But the other night I was again forced to wake up at night because someone came to fix the safe! After I checked-out and came back home, I realized that my credit card was charged additional $6. There was no explanation for what I was charged. I never touched the minibar. Somehow I have a feeling that either a cleaner took something from the minibar or the money was simply taken very arbitrarily. It is a too small amount of money to actively fight for, but this was really the last drop that spoiled all my impression about the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

We stayed here because of location and easy access to Lakeshore Drive from the freeway. It was half a block from the 'magnificant mile', wonderful restaurants and easy walking to everything you want, especially for dropping shopping bags off, on the way to other stores. The Hotel was clean, everyone was helpful and pleasant, and early check-in was a perfect perk.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
InteractiveMarketing, General Manager at MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
Hi Claudia, Thanks for the complimentary review of the Affinia Chicago. I'm glad to hear you appreciated our ideal location, as it sounds like you had quite the shopping trip. Thanks for the kind words, I'll be sure to pass along to our helpful associates. I hope to welcome you back again soon, Stephen Blackford, General Manager
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

My wife and I made a quick trip to the Mag Mile to experience the magic of Christmas in Chicago. We found Affinia on Travelzoo for an affordable price so I jumped on it. When we arrived, we asked for a room with view and the office staff upgraded us to a beautiful Jr. Suite with a great view. We were SO PLEASED! The staff were always friendly and accommodating. The only downside to the hotel was that we could tell it was in an old building. The windows were drafty, but the heater worked well so we were never really cold. The furniture was modern and nice and the tv was a decent sized flat screen. The cd player was was outdated. The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable and good to sleep in on. The location was on the best part of the Magnificent mile near the north end and the highest density of shops. Thanks Affinia Chicago for making our stay enjoyable.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

The Affinia's location is perfect for visitors who want to experience the Magnificant Mile and downtown Chicago. It is a short walk to Michigan Avenue and Water Tower Place. The rooms are spacious and luxurious. Beds are comfortable and the sheets are terrific. The bathrooms are sizable and well-appointed. The thing I like best about the Affinia (I've now stayed there twice) is the service. The staff are extremely friendly, accommodating, and always eager to assist guest during their stay. We've stayed there as a family (2 adults, 3 children) and a couple (2 adults) and have enjoyed both experiences tremendously! Make sure you sign up for their rewards program--the perks are great!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Hi Renee, Thanks for taking the time to share about your experience. I appreciate your remarks about the associates; I really think we have some of the most friendly, helpful out there and I'm glad that shows! Great tip about joining our rewards program; it's constantly growing among independant boutiques and I agree the perks are great. We value your return visits & look forward to welcoming you back for another comfy stay soon, Stephen Blackford, General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

This was a great stay. I came for the weekend as a girls getaway with my sisters. The hotel staff was very kind and accommodating. We had a 2-king bed junior suite - the room was very long and not really conducive to visiting, but it was very clean and comfortable. The parking was outrageous at $50 per day but that's Chicago I suppose. Would recommend this hotel - it is just 1/2 a block off of Michigan Ave and right next door to Gino's East Pizza.Great place and reasonable price for 4 people, 2 king beds, especially. That is hard to find in Chicago!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

We stayed here for seven nights on a recent visit to Chicago. We were upgraded to a suite which was a nice surprise. The staff on the front desk were most helpful during our stay - they let us have a late check-out, found us a blues club to go to and even printed out our boarding passes on the last day. Impressive and friendly service. Our room had a magnificent view from the 8th floor and we slept in the most comfortable bed ever. Minor criticisms were that the room had not been configured very sensibly so that we had a rather small bathroom. Also, the huge windows were not double-glazed. Very environmentally unsound! We had the heating on quite high to make up for this. Very wasteful of resources!They also let in the sound of sirens as ambulances sped to the nearby hospital. I did not find this a problem this but my partner had to resort to earplugs.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel? Share your experiences!