“Simply the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Chicago

You added Four Seasons Hotel Chicago to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 E. Delaware Pl., Chicago, IL 60611 (Magnificent Mile)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Advance Purchase Package
Ranked #3 of 178 Hotels in Chicago
Lisbon, Portugal
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Stayed in Chicago for a few days' business and wished I could have extended my stay at checking in at the FS Chicago. Great views from the rooms. Exceedingly comfortable rooms. Excellent service - my special thanks to the Concierge who made excellent dinning and entertainment suggestions. The Spa is not the most modern or spacious, but I must report that I had one of the best relaxing massages ever, just perfect before a transatlantic flight!
Overall, excellent!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Pedro G,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the concierge suggestions and our spa! A massage is perfect before such a long flight.

We hope to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago in the near future for business or pleasure!

Michele Grosso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

I booked a surprise vacation to Chicago for my husband, new baby son and myself for his 40th birthday\anniversary gift. I wouldn't normally spend this much on a hotel but it was a special occasion. That being said I was really looking forward to seeing what the hype was about. It has such a good rating on this site.

Good points:
Location good
View from room was good
Crib was set up with a few baby gifts which was sweet
Concierge booked tickets for us and we could buy them at the hotel
(I'm pretty sure the holiday inn could have done the above too)

Not good:
Service was hit and miss.
Room was small
Bed was so soft that it was like I was stuck in a rut. I couldn't even roll out of it
The decor is so old and outdated.
Looks very run down. Especially carpets and elevators
Elevator doesn't go to ground floor
With a stroller we couldn't access the main door as they rotated. We had to use the "luggage" entrance. That's not acceptable for a 5 star hotel.

Overall, I wish I had booked the Thompson hotel!!! Much cooler and less expensive

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear K C,

I am glad that you enjoyed the view and the baby amenities in your room. Please accept my apologies for any service issue you encountered. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy our decor and the egress to the ground floor.

We would be honored to welcome you back to the hotel again, If you contact me directly, I will ensure you are very well taken care of.

Dallas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My wife and I recently traveled to Chicago with our seven year old daughter to get married. We chose the Four Seasons because of their focus on kids and families, and we were not disappointed. The concierge called two days before we arrived to see if we were still travelling with our daughter. When we arrived in our room, there was a children's robe, a Four Seasons t-shirt and pink ball cap on bed waiting for her, along with children's shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom. Turn-down service the first night included an iced-down jug of milk, small pitcher of chocolate syrup, mug, and cookie. Similar treats followed each day. Even the spa made sure she was occupied getting an extra long pedicure and manicure so we could enjoy a couple's massage. We had a breakfast credit included in our rate, so we ordered room service each morning and enjoyed the view from our room. Everything we ordered was wonderful. We also spent one morning swimming and loved the beautiful pool.

Room Tip: Upgrading to a lake-view room was worth every penny.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Stephanie H,

Congratulations on your wedding! We are so glad to hear that your daughter enjoyed her time in Chicago as well. The hotel loves to welcome children to the property and we are so glad that she enjoyed the amenities in the room.

We hope to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago for many more happy occasions.

Thank you for all of the nice notes about the hotel and room service!

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Beautifully appointed, excellent concierge services to find the best restaurants and book sailing excursion on Lake Michigan. Room was spacious and lovely. Soaking tub, romantic evening and amazing food. Love everything about this beautiful hotel. They think of everything and do everything.
Priced very well for everything you receive! Loved it!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Patricia s,

Thank you for all of the nice comments. I am glad that you enjoyed the places the concierge recommended for you.

We hope to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago very soon!

Gurnee

Great service
Attention to detail
Warm and friendly staff
Best sleep on the best mattress
Cleanest hotel with delicious food and breakfast all day with no time restriction
Loved my stay and will return

• Stayed August 2014
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Denisebasketball,

Thank you so much for the nice note. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed everything while you were here in Chicago!

We hope to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago again soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed here as a family with our 3 year old daughter. They were incredibly gracious and welcoming to us as a family. We were greeted with toys for our daughter (which she was able to choose from the toy chest), and there is a pool and a kid's room. All services were impeccable, from the turn down to the room service and staff were always very well aware of our need for privacy. I would not stay anywhere else when visiting Chicago. We had Erika help us for both check in and check out, and she was exemplary.

The location can't be beat if you're in town looking to be centrally located near the lake and to shopping.

Room Tip: We had room 3703 - a junior suite facing the Lake. Lakeview rooms are difficult to beat.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Navin C,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed everything! The Four Seasons Hotel Chicago loves to welcome children to the hotel and I am happy that your daughter enjoyed the toy chest and kids room! Thank you for the nice notes about our staff!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Chicago in the near future!

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

From the moment that we pulled up to a very busy valet station to the moment we checked out we were treated exceptionally well by the staff at the hotel. The check-in process was extremely quick and pleasant. The front desk person was very efficient and we were quickly checked-in. In some hotels it seems to take forever (what are they doing on the computer?). We were shown the elevators through an elegantly decorated lobby. The lobby is on the 7th floor and not at street level. Our room was on the 45th floor and it was impressive. We have travelled all over the world and this was one of our favorite rooms. The view was outstanding. Tasteful and elegant furnishings. Every was clean and organized as you would expect. The in-room safe was at eye level which is always appreciated. We thought the bed was very comfortable with lots of pillow choices. I liked the charging stand by the bedside. It was a nice touch to not have to crawl under a table for an outlet. They brought a bottle of water for us by our bedside at turndown which was appreciated. We were at the hotel for a short conference and everything was outstanding at the conference. I would recommend it to anyone planning a meeting. The location is very close to some of the best shopping in Chicago and to some awesome restaurants. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: We prefer the top floors because of the amazing view. This time we faced the city and not the lake a...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Teamhoffmann,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed everything during your stay with us for the conference. Thank you so much for all of the nice notes. We are happy to hear that you liked all of the details in the room. I am glad that you found the check-in process easy, we never like to make our guests wait.

We are eager to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago for business or pleasure in the near future.