“50th birthday celebration made better by Four Seasons” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast!
Ranked #3 of 171 Hotels in Chicago
Haverford, Pennsylvania
“50th birthday celebration made better by Four Seasons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I choose this hotel for a long weekend celebration of my daughter's 50th birthday. The hotel staff could not have been more helpful. We were greeted the first night with a special "happy birthday" dessert plate. Breakfast was great each morning. The bonus of a 2 hour test ride in a Porche (a special promotion at the hotel by Porche) and shopping discounts at 900 Michigan Ave shops made for a great weekend. My daughter loved the fitness center. Hotel is so convenient to everything you might want to do and concierge has lots of suggestions. A great celebration made better by being at the Four Seasons.

Room Tip: doesn't matter. Lake view is dark at night. City view sparkles at night and in either case you...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Haverfordgranny,

I am so happy to hear that your daughter had a wonderful birthday! Thank you so much for choosing our hotel to celebrate this special occasion. I am glad that you were able to try out one of the Porches during your stay!

We hope to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago for many more birthdays to come!

Michele Grosso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

American Express offered a buy 2 nights, get the 3rd free deal. My husband and I decided to participate. We also got free breakfast and $100 to spent at the hotel. Our room was a lovely king corner with a beautiful view of the city. The breakfast allowance was $23 each, so we ate like royalty with salmon, eggs Benedict,etc as part of the package. For dinner, we ate at Allium. where they have the best hot dog in Chicago, awesome sliders, great fries, good drinks,.....just a nice experience. The service was outstanding from Ahmed at the checkin dest to Marianna out waitress at Allium.
Things to do near by: took bus 151 to Lincoln Park zoo and conservatory, walked to Navy Pier and Field Museum, ate at Fontera Grill, and shopping in the same building on the Magnificient Mile.
Would I stay again? you bet. It was a very memorable experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a bump to a corner room...We had 2 views of Chicago.

Deal Dallascat,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the nice notes about our staff. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and dinner in Allium. The hot dog is amazing and we are so glad you liked it.

We hope to welcome you back for many more weekends in the future!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband is deployed in Afghanistan and felt bad that he was not going to be with me for my birthday. He planned an overnight stay at the hotel with spa services for me and my mother. It was by far the nicest, most wonderful hotel I have been to in Chicago. We felt like rock stars!!

Dear Kristie J,

Thank you so much for the nice note. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your birthday celebration here at the hotel! That was so nice of your husband to do that for your birthday!

We hope to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago in the near future!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I am a huge fan of this hotel. The rooms, service, restaurants, amenities and location are second to none. The rooms are very clean and fresh and the beds are extremely comfortable. Additionally, the price is very competitive for the market.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor away from the elevators.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Rob F,

Thank you so much for the nice note! We are delighted to hear that you enjoy the hotel.

We hope to welcome you to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago very soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We were given an opportunity to get away from home for a couple days and picked the greatest place to go for the trip! It had been a few years since we had stayed at the Four Seasons Chicago, but we are so glad we did! From the staff we met to valet our car and move our luggage from the car to our room, to the outstanding and very friendly associates that checked us into our room, we couldn't have been more pleased. All of these people asked us questions and actually listened to our answers! The room was outstanding, perfectly cleaned, appointed and had with great views!! The staff was always friendly and ready to make our stay better...from free WIFI to great room service and amenities to make our stay and shopping experience in Chicago a fantastic treat! We will highly recommend the Four Season's Chicago and will return as soon as possible to enjoy another wonderful experience!
Rob and Jane Loose

Room Tip: Ask for Lake View!

Dear Rob L,

Thank you so much for your comments. I am so gad that you had a wonderful time during your stay. Thank you for the nice notes about our staff.

We hope to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago for another weekend getaway!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of celebrating our 47th anniversary at the Four Seasons Chicago June 20 and 21st 2014.The experience was excellent in every way. The staff was friendly and accommodating, the food exceptional, the room beautiful and the location perfect for enjoying Chicago.We will return whenever possible and recommend the hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: We have had the experience of different locations in the hotel and recommend them all.
Dear Tom L,

Happy anniversary! Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for this special occasion. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago for many more anniversary's to come!

Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We just returned from a 3 day family vacation to Chicago. My husband and I have been to Chicago before but this time we were really excited to bring our children with us to explore and have fun. Two of the main reasons we came to Chicago was to take our children (ages 8 and 11) to Wrigley Field (my son plays little league) and to the amazing Field Museum to see the Lions of Tsavo etc. I booked a room (city view, exec suite) at The Four Seasons b/c of its excellent reputation, attentive service, and kid-friendly atmosphere. I wanted my kids to have a memorable vacation at a 5 star hotel. After all, we have stayed as a family with The Four Seasons in Austin, Texas and it was incredible -- the service was out of this world and my kids have always remembered how awesome it was. Unfortunately, I couldn't have been more disappointed this time around. Check in was fine but we were not offered any upgrades; however that was not a huge deal. Upon arrival to the room, I was surprised by the small size. There was only one bathroom and no hall bath. With kids this is incredibly tough. This was not the hotel's fault however; I booked the room and I guess I should have gotten a larger suite. The furnishings in the room were very drab; that's ok too though. FS hotels usually have contemporary decor but it certainly wasn't cheery. It was depressing.

Here's where the real issues started. There were NO treats for my kids upon arrival. It took a full 45 minutes for a staff member to come to the room to give my kids a tshirt and ball cap. When we returned from dinner that evening, the hotel did leave cookies and chocolate milk for my kids the first night. And you know what?...that's all my kids ever received. There were NO treats of any kind left for my children throughout the rest of our stay...not even a bowl of popcorn or juice or whatever after a long day of exploring. Believe me, my kids noticed this and so did I. Add to that, our room was not serviced when we returned from exploring the city. The beds were not made up, there were no clean towels...nothing had been done. We were appalled at this lapse in housekeeping. Yes, mistakes happen but at a 5 star hotel this is inexcusable. My husband immediately called the front desk and said "I didn't know that in a 5 star hotel you had to request housekeeping service..." When he said this (in a joking way of course, not in a rude tone), whoever he was speaking to, replied "You must have put a Do Not Disturb sign on your door". Wow. Really? We did no such thing. I cannot tell you how angry this made me. Someone from housekeeping arrived 20 minutes later to fix our room...while we sat there. (she neglected to leave toilet paper...we had to call later to get that resolved). This was very stressful and just plain low end. This, in turn, didn't leave me with much time to get ready for our dinner date...again...stressful.

The check out process was smooth but to finish off our stay we were left standing outside the hotel with our bags and our car wasn't ready. So we all stood there waiting...it was just silly all the way around.
I will say that the breakfast at Allium was excellent, the hotel was clean and neat and the staff was polite. My husband is a financial analyst and I used to work on Wall Street prior to becoming a Mom. I do not like to leave complaints but this is the experience WE had. We have stayed at many luxury hotels over the years (The Lanesborough in London is my favorite) and this experience was just not good. We left feeling underwhelmed and certainly unimpressed. My kids were really disappointed and so was I.

Forgive me but I'm going to use a baseball term to describe all this. Bush League.

Initially, I had booked a different hotel and now I really wish I had kept that reservation. I am planning on bringing my mother and daughter back to Chicago for a shopping trip within the next year and I can tell you, we definitely will not be staying at the Four Seasons.

Room Tip: The city view executive suite is not suitable for a family. It is terribly small and cramped and th...
Dear ClassyMUM,

Please accept my very sincere apologies for the service shortfalls during your recent stay. Both our children's program and our attention to detail in housekeeping are services that we usually pride ourselves on and I am very sorry that we did not deliver our usual high standards. We would be very appreciative of a chance to show you what a normal stay at Four Seasons Chicago is like! Please contact me directly and we will ensure a wonderful shopping visit with your daughter.

Best regards and happy July 4th.

Michele

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Chicago? Share your experiences!