“Absolutely Top Notch Service - Beautiful Hotel - 5 Stars!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Chicago

You added Four Seasons Hotel Chicago to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 E. Delaware Pl., Chicago, IL 60611 (Magnificent Mile)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Illinois, United States
“Absolutely Top Notch Service - Beautiful Hotel - 5 Stars!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is simply the best, high quality hotel in Chicago. It has the best service, from the hotel front desk to the bellman to the hotel director. They remember your name, and will do everything possible to make your stay the absolute best. We stayed over the weekend with one of their special rates which included both valet parking and breakfast eith in-room or at the Allium restaurant. It was just fantastic and we will definitely be booking future stays there. We have also been so pleased with the high quality of the Four Seasons that we now joined their Four Seasons Residence Club at one of their time share condos at the Four Seasons Hotel in Scottsdale, AZ. We now have been staying almost excluively at Four Seasons resorts worldwide for our family vacations. Yes, they are more expensive than other hotels, but you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: The Lake Michgian lake view rooms are more expensive than the other view rooms, however, there are s...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ChicagoFS, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear BusyMom2013,

It is certainly rewarding to read such a wonderful review. I am thrilled your stay was fantastic, and thank you for your kind comments about our staff and service. We appreciate your loyalty to Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Thank you for your review.

Michele Grosso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Geneva, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We were traveling as a family (kids 6 and 9 years old - both boys), and chose the Four Seasons based on the great reviews of the property as family-friendly. We could not have been happier with our stay. The pool is fantastic, and it seems like every time we came back to our room, there was another great surprise for our kids. They are still talking about the hotel and asking when we can go back. I won't stay anywhere else in Chicago with my family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Patrick F,

I am happy your family had a great stay, and I am especially pleased to read how much the children enjoyed the pool and daily amenities. I look forward to welcoming your entire family back and thank you for your review.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed at the Four Seasons Chicago the week of Thanksgiving 2013 for 3 nights. It was simply the best hotel I've ever stayed in. The service is exceptional. Everyone from the valet to the concierge to the waitstaff in Allium (the restaurant) to housekeeping went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. For instance, the concierge recommended jazz clubs - in fact, she had a printed list of recommended clubs with addresses that she gave us so we could direct the taxi driver.

I had dinner in Allium, and also ordered room service (which I believe was cooked by Allium's chefs, because the room service menu looked similar to Allium's). Everything was delicious. Their cocktails are outstanding too. I had read some negative reviews here on tripadvisor - which, tellingly, constitute an overwhelming minority of the reviews and which also tend to be dated - regarding poor service and/or bad food. Nonsense. The waitstaff were very attentive and courteous. The restaurant itself is warmly decorated, which was nice after spending a day walking around Michigan Ave on a cold November day.

I had also read a tripadvisor review that mentioned creaking noises when it is particularly windy. Again, utter nonsense, in my opinion. I am the LIGHTEST sleeper of anyone I've ever known, and I slept like a baby there. I had absolutely no issues with it, and you should not be concerned either.

If anything, our room and the hotel were TOO comfortable, which made it sometimes difficult for us to motivate ourselves to leave and explore the city...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ChicagoFS, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Alex D,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during the Thanksgiving Holiday. I am delighted to learn we are the best hotel you have stayed in and that you enjoyed the comforts of the guest room you did not wish to leave the hotel. I am especially pleased to learn of the impeccable service staff provided to ensure you had a great stay.

I appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I was forewarned - "Don't expect a Four Seasons in America to be the same as those in Hong Kong or in Asia; don't expect the same level of service or attentive care." Boy was I mislead. If I could only tell people one thing that's excellent at Four Seasons Chicago - and trust me there were many more than just one - it would no doubt be their service.
We arrived at the hotel at 2pm after a 14-hour flight, and at check-in when we were informed that our room would not be ready till 3pm (no early check-in possible), I must admit I was a bit frustrated. However, the smiles and help we were offered from the front desk and concierge staff made all those frustrations and exhaustion disappear. Throughout our 4 days of stay we were offered excellent travelling tips and advice from the concierge. They also helped us confirmed our restaurant reservations in New York, where we were heading to after Chicago. In fact, our reservation at Eleven Madison Park could not be confirmed on the last night of our stay (as the restaurant was closed); the concierge promised to help us call again the day after. I received an email while I waiting for my flight at Chicago O'Hare, from the Four Seasons concierge, telling me that our dinner reservation was confirmed. And at that moment I knew I had to write this review and give it a 5 out of 5. The service was impeccable. The staff were genuine, sincere and helpful. That's what a 5-star hotel is all about.
Minor complaints? An early check in would have been nice. The shower knob was difficult to handle; I would much prefer something simpler. But I guess that's about it. Otherwise, top-notch clean rooms. Free wifi which was very, very important for out-of-town travellers. Free bottled water. Free coffee, tea and apple strudel in the lobby every morning.
Thank you TripAdvisor. You helped me with the perfect hotel choice again.

Room Tip: Chicago winds can be unforgiving, and hence the building sways and it could be quite noisy at night...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear cowardjai,

I am thrilled to read of the impeccable service from staff, and of the help Concierge provided in preparing for your stay in New York City. I am sorry about the lack of availability at check-in, and of your difficulties with the shower head. I have personally addressed your concerns and will continue to make improvements in those areas.

I appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is my 22 year of staying at the FS during the Thanksgiving Holiday. The service continues to out do its self. The staff recognizes you by name and always has a sincere smile. After shopping head to the bar and order a Jack Frost, you can thank me later, great drink. The valet had their hands full with 5 women and all the luggage, they are friendly and efficient. When you are here you do not need or want for anything. Staff anticipates your next move, your mind will turn to jello because they do all the thinking for you. How nice :) The spa staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Great photo opportunity in front of the huge Christmas tree in the lobby. Complimentary hot apple cider in the afternoon and my favorite complimentary tea and coffee in the lobby every morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a Lake Shore Drive view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear CherylCrownRoyal,

I am delighted to learn you have spent Thanksgiving Holiday with us for the past 22 years, and it is even more rewarding to read that we continue to provide the service you have come to expect. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, staff‘s service and of course the Jack Frost at Allium Bar.

We appreciate your loyalty and feedback, and look forward to welcoming you back next Thanksgiving.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Smooth check in + well appointed and comfortable rooms + impeccable service + great location = fantastic stay. I would say the attention to detail of the service is impressive. The experience starts even before you step in the front door - From the friendly valet staff, to the concierge who would always call you by your name, welcome fruit basket, housekeeping staff who remembers your preferences, amenities in the fitness center, complimentary wifi, privilege discounts and delivery service at the 900 michigan mall, and many more. We will definitely be staying back here the next time we come back to Chicago.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear amysa,

I am delighted you were impressed with our service and attention to details, and glad you had a wonderful stay. I look forward to welcoming you back for another fantastic stay and thank you for your review.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I was very impressed by how amazing the Four Seasons Spa experience was. The service was impeccable. The staff was very welcoming and made sure that my girlfriend and I enjoyed every detail of our experience. I've lived in Chicago for most of my life, but when I visited the Spa at the Four Seasons, I felt like I was on vacation thousands of miles away with all the luxuries one can only dream of...they even brought us champagne which made the experience even more memorable! Whether or not you are planning to stay at the Four Seasons Hotel, I HIGHLY recommend stopping by the spa to treat yourself after a long work week, or to enjoy a romantic and remarkable evening with your significant other.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
ChicagoFS, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Ben R,

I am delighted that you and your girlfriend enjoyed every detail of your experience at the Spa and I am glad we were able to create a memorable experience for both of you.
It is really rewarding to receive such wonderful feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Michele Grosso

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Chicago? Share your experiences!