“The Four Seasons is a Five” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Chicago

You added Four Seasons Hotel Chicago to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 E. Delaware Pl., Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast!
Ranked #3 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
New Jersey
“The Four Seasons is a Five”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed at the Four Seasons in Chicago last weekend for three nights and it was fantastic! I'd never been to Chicago, my husband had been many times on business but never stayed at the Four Seasons. We have stayed at several other Four Seasons and I booked it based on the fact that they have all been great, good choice. The location is excellent, right off the Mag Mile and around the corner from the Hancock Tower where we had drinks at the Signature Lounge on our first night. I had done a lot of research and had booked two dinners but left one night open for suggestions from the concierge. Luckily we talked to Karen, one of the excellent people working as a concierge and she put the icing on the cake! Karen sent us down the street for dinner at Pelago, it was wonderful and being from NJ we know good Italian food but this was a very special place that takes great pride in great service and food. Karen also set us up with tickets for one of the architectural cruises, it wasn't the one that I thought we wanted to go on but we figured she knew best. She did because my husband had been on them before and said that this one was better than the others, the guide was far more knowledgeable than the previous tours. The last night I had a reservation at a popular spot but asked Karen, she wound up sending us to a great in demand steakhouse where (thanks again Karen!) we had a table right by the window. It couldn't have been a better weekend, everything went perfectly as almost planned, thanks to Karen and the Four Seasons! All the staff from the front desk to the valets were great and very professional. I also highly recommend the champagne tasting flight in the bar which has a very nice staff as well. We will have to stay here again next time because until the Four Seasons lets me down I am sold on their brand and properties. Our room was a large suite with a great view of the lake and a powder room by the entrance hall, never mind the sumptuous bed and linens. Ok now I'm missing being in Chicago!

Room Tip: Go for the rooms with a lake view and a suite is best
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear NGM60,

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to read how much you and your husband enjoyed your stay, and thank you for your kind comments about staff and service. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back for another fantastic stay.

Michele Grosso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Marseille, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I arrived at the Four Seasons, Chicago, from France. We booked a suite.
Unfortunately, our airlines lost our luggage.
I was devastated.
My daughter was to celebrate her 12th Birthday. And I had my Mother (grandmother) chauffeured up from Wisconsin to be with us.
The front desk personnel, Linnea Carlsen, took care of everything immediately.
She phoned the airlines, made subsequent plans, guided us…
I was amazed.
If you ever have a problem, in this hotel, you can count on their qualified personnel.
Later that evening, I received a note from Linnea with complimentary deserts.
"Dear Ms.;;;
While the travel hasn't been ideal, we are very happy to welcome you to the Chicago Four Seasons. Enjoy the treats and relaxation. Please let me know if you need any further assistance. Kind regards,
Linnea Carlsen (Front Desk).
Now if that isn't a nice welcome.

Dear Kristine O,

It is certainly rewarding to read about the outstanding service Linnea provided to locate your lost luggage, and I am glad your family was able to celebrate and enjoy your daughter’s birthday. She is equally thrilled to read your wonderful comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back, and thank you for your review.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Came to do some necessary schoolwork. Absolute quiet and peaceful. Able to concentrate without a lot of noise. Absolutely clean and lush. Completely professional staff that moved expeditiously. Definite pleasure. Atrium on the second floor and too close for comfort for shopping. Great experience. See you soon again

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Msfong66,

I am delighted you had a great experience and thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We've been coming for a week/year for 20 years and they know us here. It's like coming home in Chicago........and it makes us laugh when the winds are high and the building sways and makes creepy noises..........but last night we were here for one night and were bowled over by the beauty of the re-decorating and art program. Now that the place has been thoughtfully and carefully spiffed up it may well be the best Four Seasons property in America.

Thanks guys..........you're the best

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear doug100worth,

Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted that you loved the new lobby and its Art work, and thrilled to be considered the best Four Season in America. I look forward to welcoming you back for your annual stay.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had such an amazing time at the Four Seasons - Chicago for my son's 7th birthday weekend last year so we decided to go back for his 8th birthday. Boy, was that a good decision. The minute we walked in the lobby we were greeted by Ahmed, the Front Desk Manager, who recognized us by name, including my kids names and wished my son a happy birthday. He personally showed us to our amazing room with a breathtaking view of Lake Michigan and the Magnificent Mile (see photos). As we got settled the doorbell rang and in came balloons, goodie bags, and candy for the kids. It only got better from there. Kids love the pool and the fact that the Lego and Apple Store are right there. Unreal service from the front desk, concierge (Michelle - great advice to good to the filed and science museum - Kids loved the Pumpkin Smashing Session), room service, and restaurant. I think a couple quotes from my son tell the story. "Daddy this is my FAVORITE place in the whole world!" and "Daddy, can we make a scrapbook so I can always remember this birthday?"

I cannot imagine a better 30 hours. Thank you!

I am not sure if we can wait another 12 months to go back. So, I hope it's ok with them if we come back sooner ;-)

Dear Ryan C,

I am delighted to read how much your son enjoyed his 8th birthday, and glad to learn our hotel is his favorite place in the world. I am also charmed by his suggestion to create a scrap book so that he can fondly look back on his stay here.

We thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Antigonish
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel. We had a mixup with the pickup from the airport and with responding to a note when booking the hotel, however they responded to the issues and compensated us for the problems. Our room was beautiful and spacious with a fabulous view of the city. We also were able to make last minute spa appointments and enjoyed that a lot. We had breakfast and dinner in the hotel restaurant - Allium - and both were delicious.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LMAC1967,

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to read how much you enjoyed the spaciousness and views the guest room offered, the spa services, as well dining at Allium Restaurant. I sorry about the mix-up with your airport transfers, and I am happy staff quickly resolved the problem.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Recently stayed at the Four Seasons for one night (wish it was longer) and the views
were spectacular. The location was great and the service was what you would expect
from the Four Seasons amazing! Thank you for the great experience I’ll be back in the
summer.
Rose

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear RoseG802,

Thank you for your review: I delighted you had a great experience and glad you enjoyed the view the guest room provided. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Michele Grosso

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Chicago? Share your experiences!