“Absolutely the best place to have a kid's birthday party !” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast!
Ranked #2 of 168 hotels in Chicago
Marseille, France
“Absolutely the best place to have a kid's birthday party !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I arrived at the Four Seasons, Chicago, from France. We booked a suite.
Unfortunately, our airlines lost our luggage.
I was devastated.
My daughter was to celebrate her 12th Birthday. And I had my Mother (grandmother) chauffeured up from Wisconsin to be with us.
The front desk personnel, Linnea Carlsen, took care of everything immediately.
She phoned the airlines, made subsequent plans, guided us…
I was amazed.
If you ever have a problem, in this hotel, you can count on their qualified personnel.
Later that evening, I received a note from Linnea with complimentary deserts.
"Dear Ms.;;;
While the travel hasn't been ideal, we are very happy to welcome you to the Chicago Four Seasons. Enjoy the treats and relaxation. Please let me know if you need any further assistance. Kind regards,
Linnea Carlsen (Front Desk).
Now if that isn't a nice welcome.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Kristine O,

It is certainly rewarding to read about the outstanding service Linnea provided to locate your lost luggage, and I am glad your family was able to celebrate and enjoy your daughter’s birthday. She is equally thrilled to read your wonderful comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back, and thank you for your review.

1,198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Came to do some necessary schoolwork. Absolute quiet and peaceful. Able to concentrate without a lot of noise. Absolutely clean and lush. Completely professional staff that moved expeditiously. Definite pleasure. Atrium on the second floor and too close for comfort for shopping. Great experience. See you soon again

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Msfong66,

I am delighted you had a great experience and thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We've been coming for a week/year for 20 years and they know us here. It's like coming home in Chicago........and it makes us laugh when the winds are high and the building sways and makes creepy noises..........but last night we were here for one night and were bowled over by the beauty of the re-decorating and art program. Now that the place has been thoughtfully and carefully spiffed up it may well be the best Four Seasons property in America.

Thanks guys..........you're the best

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear doug100worth,

Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted that you loved the new lobby and its Art work, and thrilled to be considered the best Four Season in America. I look forward to welcoming you back for your annual stay.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had such an amazing time at the Four Seasons - Chicago for my son's 7th birthday weekend last year so we decided to go back for his 8th birthday. Boy, was that a good decision. The minute we walked in the lobby we were greeted by Ahmed, the Front Desk Manager, who recognized us by name, including my kids names and wished my son a happy birthday. He personally showed us to our amazing room with a breathtaking view of Lake Michigan and the Magnificent Mile (see photos). As we got settled the doorbell rang and in came balloons, goodie bags, and candy for the kids. It only got better from there. Kids love the pool and the fact that the Lego and Apple Store are right there. Unreal service from the front desk, concierge (Michelle - great advice to good to the filed and science museum - Kids loved the Pumpkin Smashing Session), room service, and restaurant. I think a couple quotes from my son tell the story. "Daddy this is my FAVORITE place in the whole world!" and "Daddy, can we make a scrapbook so I can always remember this birthday?"

I cannot imagine a better 30 hours. Thank you!

I am not sure if we can wait another 12 months to go back. So, I hope it's ok with them if we come back sooner ;-)

Dear Ryan C,

I am delighted to read how much your son enjoyed his 8th birthday, and glad to learn our hotel is his favorite place in the world. I am also charmed by his suggestion to create a scrap book so that he can fondly look back on his stay here.

We thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Antigonish
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel. We had a mixup with the pickup from the airport and with responding to a note when booking the hotel, however they responded to the issues and compensated us for the problems. Our room was beautiful and spacious with a fabulous view of the city. We also were able to make last minute spa appointments and enjoyed that a lot. We had breakfast and dinner in the hotel restaurant - Allium - and both were delicious.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LMAC1967,

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to read how much you enjoyed the spaciousness and views the guest room offered, the spa services, as well dining at Allium Restaurant. I sorry about the mix-up with your airport transfers, and I am happy staff quickly resolved the problem.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Recently stayed at the Four Seasons for one night (wish it was longer) and the views
were spectacular. The location was great and the service was what you would expect
from the Four Seasons amazing! Thank you for the great experience I’ll be back in the
summer.
Rose

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear RoseG802,

Thank you for your review: I delighted you had a great experience and glad you enjoyed the view the guest room provided. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for one night but I would never forget my stay in the four seasons hotel in chicago. it is absolutly the best in all illinois. the view there is just spectacular and amazing. worth to try a night there if you are planning to go to chicago and have enough budget.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear janette b,

Thank your review. I am delighted you were able to have an unforgettable stay, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Michele Grosso

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Chicago? Share your experiences!