“A Modern Classic with Amazing, Classy Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Chicago

You added Four Seasons Hotel Chicago to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 E. Delaware Pl., Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
10% Off + $50 Credit!
Ranked #3 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Vancouver, Canada
“A Modern Classic with Amazing, Classy Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This Four Seasons Property is a credit to the chain and the city of Chicago. The Magnificent Mile location, property and people are all exemplary. The elegant, classic interior architectural details are complemented by modern amenities and up to date in-room technology. The rooms are spacious, meticulously clean and in excellent condition.

The physical attributes of the hotel are only surpassed by the warm, professional and sincere service levels. This was tested on our last night of our stay when my wife and I were awoken by what sounded like a violent altercation in a nearby room at 2:30 am in the morning. Given the exceptional level of sound proofing that we had noticed early on during our stay, the fact that we could hear the noises quite distinctly, we were concerned that someone was in physical danger. Consequently, we called the front desk and they immediately assured us that they would be sending their security to investigate. The next morning, we were assured by the night manager who had dealt with the matter that no one was hurt and in fact, it was merely a couple who evidently had an exceptionally enthusiastic "recreational session" during the night! My wife and I had a good laugh, but were surprised and thankful that the night manager offered to host us for a fine breakfast that morning as consideration for our sleep being disturbed. Although we certainly didn't feel that there was any fault on the part of the Four Seasons hotel, we certainly appreciated the gesture and thought it was an excellent indication of the culture of service at the hotel. Truly a five star experience through and through. It made for a wonderful getaway weekend. My wife also reports that the spa service is top notch. We will certainly make the Four Seasons our first choice the next time we visit Chicago!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Culver city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

What a wonderful first visit to Chicago . The room and view could not have been better.
The location of the hotel is with in walking distance to all the shops, restaurants and main
attractions.
The staff were first class, and were happy to help us with anything we needed,
Well done Four Seasons Chicago, thank you for making our trip great !!!
We will be back ...
Jackie H.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Jackie H,

I am happy we were able to make your first trip to Chicago a great experience. Thank you so much for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had an amazing stay at the Chicago Four Seasons last weekend. Everything from the rooms (hope you get a great view of the lake) to the fabulous restaurant, Allium, was a great experience. The staff will take care of every need...I promise you won't want to leave!

• Stayed April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Our stay was short because we were only in Chicago for a show. That said, the Four Season did everything right -- from accomadating a very early check-in to coordinating a nice spa and lunch -- it all went as smooth and effortless as possible.

I've heard tons about the Four Seasons' bed, and I have to say that the accolades are definitely worth it - probably the best nights sleep I've had in years!

Room Tip: High rooms are best. Try to get one with a view of the Lake. Although there are some great rooms w...
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for years. It was tired and in need a makeover and it had one a few years ago. Now the rooms are attractively decorated, modern, comfortable and unflashy. The beds are, as ever for Four Seasons, wonderfully comfortable. The common areas are beautifully designed and the position (almost inside Bloomingdales) great. The staff are all very helpful and go to great lengths to make sure you are happy and comfortable. It is a lovely hotel.

A couple of negative points. I visited the spa for a head massage. I can't remember what they called it (something like scalp rejuvenation or another pretentious description). It felt like the woman was making it up as she went along. She did it as a dry shampoo approach for 25 minutes so I was not very impressed with that.

The other negative for me was that they have changed their menus and approach from traditional to ultra modern. The tradition was part of the charm before. Now tea is not the usual tea experience and needs to be explained. Don't get me wrong, it all tastes lovely but it is a more complex process than just a few sandwches and scones.

As for Sunday brunch.........they used to put on this incredible brunch where the whole restaurant was taken up with different selections. They had pretty much every type of food you could imagine and it was a real treat whenever a group of us travelled to Chicago to book this experience. Again, they have "modernised" so that there is far less choice and the menu/process needs to be outlined by the waiter/waitress. The whole thing is far less good and far more pretentious. We were offered a "libation" with our meals. I have never heard that before. Again, the food was very good quality but Sunday brunch will no longer be a special treat like it used to be.

Overall, nice, comfortable hotel with excellent staff. But no more special treats!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Finchleytourist,

I appreciate your review and thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our Hotel and staff. I am very glad to hear the food tasted lovely and was of good quality. I am sorry you were dissatisfied with the Spa service and disappointed to discover Allium had moved away from traditional Tea and Sunday Brunch. I certainly hope to welcome you back to Allium and to Four Seasons Chicago, and you may reach me directly at 312.649.2303.

Merrillville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I had the most wonderful experience! Everyone was so friendly and intuitive to our needs...they really made us feel right at home. The staff were very attentive to detail and everything was done with a touch of class. There is not one negative comment I could make. The location of the hotel is also a big plus! Many fine attractions, restaurants and shopping such are all within walking distance of the hotel. We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Candy B,

We are delighted you had a wonderful experience and thank you for your comments about staff and service. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming back.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I felt very connected at this hotel, concierge were fabulous and always said hi as I passed by which I like.
My room was a corner room and had a SENSATIONAL view and was clean and lovely with the BEST FS bed.

Room Tip: I had a beautiful corner room with magnificent views.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Chicago? Share your experiences!