“UChicago visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 168 hotels in Chicago
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“UChicago visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Fantastic service and large rooms! Wonderful breakfast! Great restaraunt recommendations by Concierge! Try Ralph Lauren's restaraunt. Great shopping. Gold Coast Auto dealership with exotic cars for the guys.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

1,196 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband brought me here for my birthday from January 4, 2013 until January 7, 2013, when we arrived to hotel, we were not greeted properly by the bellman, he stared at us while we waited for him to get our luggage. We finally got some service when another bellman came to assist us. The female attendant at the reception desk told us she was going to take us on a tour, we only made it as far as the lobby elevator. When getting to our room, I had expected more luxury decor, but it was nice, we had a good view of the lake plus Michigan Avenue. The female attendant from the laudry service we used was very pleasant, also the young lady at the conceige desk named Michelle, she was very helpful upon our request of making dinner reservation's at a Italatian resturant. On Saturday(my birthday) we had breakfast in the hotel resturant, the female host was very friendly as well, she had a surprize for me in honor of my birthday, however, we had seen her before when we had dinner here. We went to the fitness area, but to my surprise, three treadmill's TV's were broken, I told an attendant that worked there, my husband had a pedicure at the spa, but he stated the female techician rushed his pedicure. I tried to schedule a facial, but they stated they didn't have an opening available, and we had our 80 minutes massages at the Ritz-Carlton since they didn't have a male attendant to do my massage on my birthday. I felt that we could have been treated better, do without the stare's as if we didn't belong there(experienced this from some of the workers plus guests)my husband's money spend's just like the next man and God created us all as equal.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted you were able to enjoy your birthday and thank you for your kind comments about Michelle, our restaurant’s host and our laundry staff. I am sorry your overall stay did not live up to your expectations. Our standards are grounded in providing each guest with consistent high levels of service and I hope we have an opportunity to make amends. Please feel free to contact me directly at 312.649.2303 if I may be of assistance in the future.

Michele Grosso
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel is amazing. I consider it one of the best places I have stayed in. I would for sure go back to it if I go to chicago again. I went there with some friends and we all enjoyed our stay. It's very clean and luxurious. I would totally recommend it for all.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Just a night away with the family to celebrates kids Birthday. We have stayed here a few times and always a first class experience. The kids loved the pool and some of the NEW kids areas in the hotel. Beautiful property overall but the service is OUTSTANDING, both for us and the kids. Some recent renovation to lobby and restaurant/bar are well done.

Room Tip: Room facing the lake are the way to go
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The Four Seasons Chicago is fantastic. I spent the weekend with my wife. We dined at Allium, used the fitness center, and had spa treatments. All aspects of this hotel are top notch. The service is second to none.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Great place and wonderful for kids and families or a weekend getaway. The indoor pool is so nice. The best thing is the ice cream cart that comes right to your room. Probably will not find better hotel food anywhere. Location is truly ideal. We will be back!

• Stayed February 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed 1/30 - 2/3/2012, celebrating my 20th wedding anniversary. My husband and I were married in Chicago and we chose the Four Seasons because of their lake view rooms online marketing. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the staff were very polite, professional and went the extra mile to make our stay as pleasant as possible.

Murphy's law slapped us in the face. There was a snow storm that slowed our travel in from Indiana and our car died right upon entering the garage. The staff in the self parking garage moved our car to the side and were all around life savers! Our check-in was really late but the front desk staff had our room available and upon hearing it was our anniversary we received an upgrade to an executive suite with a lake view. When we got upstairs a tray of delicious chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne was sent up, and from that moment on the staff continued to make our stay as pleasant as could be.

I was a little disappointed by the view, all I saw were buildings when I looked out of each window. We didn't try to change rooms because once we got checked in and upstairs we had like 25 minutes before our couples massage was scheduled. We had just enough time to take a shower and make our appointment. After we returned from the massage, my husband began arranging a tow to the auto mechanic. I found the images of the buildings disconcerting and the draft off the windows was intense, so I closed the curtains and relaxed on the bed, which was very comfortable!

The bathroom was not what I expected. The shower was too small for both of us to stand in together. The tub had a marble ledge that hurt your back if you reclined. You had to pad it with towels in order to be comfortable. The most disappointing was the mold and cracked tile in our bathroom.

The spa was nice. The pool and hot tub area is very nicely decorated and make for a very good experience. The water pressure in the showers is very nice and I was glad to have access, given the state of the one in my room.The couples massage was nice. I had the Sensory Rejuvenator which consisted of a signature massage, facial, mini pedi, and manicure. My massage was good. The point of the facial, as explained to me by the technician, is to give you a chance to experience product to see if you'd like to buy it, and you are asked at the end of the facial if you'd like to buy any of them. Getting a sales pitch right after the massage, made me tense. My pedicure was truly a mini pedi. My manicure was nice though, and it lasted for over a week.

While in the hot tub, I met someone there on business. He said he liked the hotel for corporate room rental rates, but it's too expensive and he'd never stay there out of pocket. I couldn't agree with him more. In closing I'll say The Four Season's Staff are top notch when it comes to customer service!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Chicago? Share your experiences!