“Excellent Service, the Perfect Chicago Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast!
Ranked #3 of 169 Hotels in Chicago
“Excellent Service, the Perfect Chicago Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Not only did I have an excellent stay, I had the most beautiful view of the city of Chicago from my room! From the valet to the front desk to the baggage handler, everyone was excellent and made me feel that they had a sincere interest in my comfort and happiness!! A+++ for this hotel, by far the best customer service in town.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

every person on the hotel are kind and have a smile on their faces. thanks a lot to make our stay at Chicago an amazing experience. Special thanks to Heather at Concierge, Kirstie at reception, Mr. Jose doorman and the maid. The room was very good. The hotel is located in a very good area with a mall attached full of options to buy or to have breakfast, lunch and dinner. Doormen are always helpful calling cabs when we needed.

Room Tip: lake and city view are marvelous
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We spent a weekend at the Four Seasons Chicago with our 4 yr. old granddaughter. It was immensely relaxing and fun for her and for us. We were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary.
We have celebrated many occasions at the Four Seasons Chicago and it is always a pleasure. The food, service and children's program are all excellent.
i would highly recommend spending time here even if you live in Chicago!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to learn we are your chosen hotel to celebrate your special occasions, and above all that you had fun with your grand daughter on your recent stay. We appreciate your loyalty, your recommendation and feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Michele Grosso
Sonoma, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Recently I stayed at this property and I found the check in smooth and professional, the concierge quite good (one concierge had a bit of an attitude but the two others I interacted with were super), the bar a very fun and hopping scene, nice service, the restaurant busy too - and a great atmosphere, very good food and although the service was slow at first management stepped right in and got it going. So I was impressed with the management and service 100%. I found the rooms however to be TINY. I do not think I have ever stayed in a top hotel and had so small a room. I even enquired give the ($500) room rate whether this was a typical room. They said yes and that the only larger rooms were junior suites. So this may be a very old building that has been re done - but it was strange. I also stayed under the American Express Platinum program and was supposedly given an upgrade - but literally there was not where for the room service table the next morning! So as much as I enjoyed the service I would look for a larger room next time.

Room Tip: Room size is the issue.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The Four Seasons/Ritz on Mag Mile knows how to please. My two daughters ages 9 and 11 always compare our hotel visits to these two and very few are given a better grade. The spa and pool is a wonderful place to relax. Girls get a treat with the manicure. The mall itself is not very lively as the Water Tower with the Ritz. Staff goes out of their way to make sure you are taken care of.

Room Tip: I've had both city and lake view and they both have their pluses. The higher the floor the bett...
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed here the weekend of my wedding, along with many other family members and friends. I requested a room with a spectacular view and received nothing less than an awesome city view. I know from previous experience that most of the rooms have great views, but that was something important to me during this particular visit. The location is phenomenal as you are within walking distance of the lake/walking path, dining, shopping, movies, nightlife, churches; and short cab to museums, theater district and other attractions. The staff is wonderful, pleasant and eager to make your stay a memorable one whether it's your first visit or fiftieth. The only reason I did not rate it 5 stars is due to my experience at the spa. I felt the manicure and pedicure I received was somewhat average considering the caliber of establishment. Perhaps the level of services has changed and/or the spa has been remodeled since my stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the level of service at the Spa during your manicure, pedicure service. This is not the sort of experience we wish for our guests, and I regret your disappointment. On the other hand, I am glad our staff continues to create memorable experiences for you, your family and friends.

I will be happy to oversee any future reservations to ensure you have a flawless experience, and I can be reached directly at 312.649.2303.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

Michele Grosso
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was not our first time at this hotel. All in all it's nice hotel with a GREAT staff. The location in Chicago is convenient to more things than you can think of. Enter the hotel on street level, go up 7 floors to the lobby with a different set of elevators for the hotel rooms which start on the 30th. (I have no idea what's on the 9th thru 29th) The gift shop is small with little options for beverages other than water but who stays in the hotel long anyway. You can buy something while you're out shopping or sightseeing and bring it back. The only restaurant has great service and good food but a bit pricey. After all it is a Four Seasons so pay for the name. We had an end unit suite which was well appointed and had a great view of Lake Michigan.

The only negative (and being real picky here) was that the front desk was very slow. I can appreciate visitors asking questions about the area but they should be send over to the conceirge, 30 feet away, to answer those questions. Now a five minute check in process extends to 15 minutes because of the tourist questions while the 2 staff at the conceirge desk stand by and do nothing.

Other than that I'm sure we will be back at some later date.

Room Tip: If you want to spring for the extra $ ask for an end room suite with lake view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Chicago? Share your experiences!