“Worth the stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 169 hotels in Chicago
Chicago, Illinois
“Worth the stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was not our first time at this hotel. All in all it's nice hotel with a GREAT staff. The location in Chicago is convenient to more things than you can think of. Enter the hotel on street level, go up 7 floors to the lobby with a different set of elevators for the hotel rooms which start on the 30th. (I have no idea what's on the 9th thru 29th) The gift shop is small with little options for beverages other than water but who stays in the hotel long anyway. You can buy something while you're out shopping or sightseeing and bring it back. The only restaurant has great service and good food but a bit pricey. After all it is a Four Seasons so pay for the name. We had an end unit suite which was well appointed and had a great view of Lake Michigan.

The only negative (and being real picky here) was that the front desk was very slow. I can appreciate visitors asking questions about the area but they should be send over to the conceirge, 30 feet away, to answer those questions. Now a five minute check in process extends to 15 minutes because of the tourist questions while the 2 staff at the conceirge desk stand by and do nothing.

Other than that I'm sure we will be back at some later date.

Room Tip: If you want to spring for the extra $ ask for an end room suite with lake view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

1,258 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Four Seasons knows how to take care of every detail from the largest to the smallest. They are absolutely amazing. I was there for a conference and I am newly gluten free. I had lunch at the restaurant and later a dinner meeting in a conference room. The same waitress I had at lunch immediately recognized me and said she would show me what was gluten free on the buffet so I didn't even have to ask. They went above and beyond for me during this stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chappaqua, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

#1 Location: Perfect home base from which to shop, dine, and enjoy the great Chicago activities.

#2 Rooms: Comfortable bed, great views, and beautifully appointed bathrooms.

#3 Cuisine: Excellent food, both in the restaurants and via catering during meetings.

#4 Meeting / Conference Center: Spacious, quiet, and well managed conference rroms for meetings and events.

I would highly recommend for business meetings or personalvisit to Chicago. Not inexpensive, but worth every penny.

Room Tip: Corner suites are am.azing
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to read you enjoyed our location, guest room, cuisine and meeting/conference services. I am particularly pleased to read that you will recommend our property for professional and personal visits.

We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Michele Grosso
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I actually stayed at this property once a few months ago, but can't get it out of my head. I want to go back, and will soon.
I have stayed at many other Four Seasons before. This one provides everything you would expect from the Four Seasons (impeccable service, attention to detail), but this one has a little different feel than some of the others I have been in. While being undeniably refined and elegant, it also manages to be relaxed. I traveled with my three kids (12, 10 and 8 years old), and I felt not like they merely tolerated my kids, but really welcomed them. Details like available tuck-in bedtime story service, or an ice cream bar delivered by room service tells me that I am not the only happy parent who has stayed there. (Also loved the kid-specific bath products and mini bathrobes - too cute).
The rooms were quite large and spacious, and the bedding was heavenly. We got a gorgeous lake view, which was very welcomed after a day in the city. The location of the hotel is ideal - a quick cab ride can get you pretty much anywhere in the city, and serious shoppers will be happy to know they are within walking distance of many of the high-end boutiques and department stores. Those with kids, be warned - you are a block away from the American Girl Doll store and the Lego store, so you may not get out of going for a visit.
Staff - well, it was exactly what I expected of a Four Seasons. The service, from reception to food to concierge to housekeeping, was spot on.
Even though we were in Chicago with a million activities at our fingertips, we spent a lot of time at the pool. The water was deliciously warm, the pool huge, with gorgeous skylight domes. Even some water toys were provided.
I usually like to try to stay at a new place every time I go to Chicago, but something tells me that I will end up at this Four Seasons time and time again.

Room Tip: I happened to love the lake view - and it goes without saying, get as high up as you can. :)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here with my family (wife and two kids both under 5) during a business trip. The hotel staff made our stay an absolute delight. From the minute we got there they made us feel at home and were so great with my kids. The food was great, the bar was comfy, and the rooms spectacular. I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Thank you Four Seasons!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am delighted to read that our staff made your family’s stay an ‘absolute delight’, and I am also thrilled to learn that you will stay with us again! I have shared your comments with our team and thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Michele Grosso
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Room was very nice. Loved the 41st floor view. Super location. But at $550 ($650 per night when you include all the taxes) per night it should have been perfect, and was not. Used towels not removed from bathroom one day. HVAC shifting on and off woke me up repeatedly throughout the night. Televisions in room are awful (slow channel changing, remotes work sporadically). No in-room coffee. Free coffee in lobby disappears by 10:15 am. Lots of waiting at the front desk and concierge. The bag for free shoe shines disappeared after I used the service twice. Free wi-if is slow. Premium wi-fi costs $11/day. The same experience can easily be found elsewhere in Chicago for $200 (or more) less per night.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I spent a week at this hotel last May , and although part of a hotel chain this hotel is undeniably the epitome of luxury and sophistication !!!!!!!!

The rooms were spotlessly clean and staff could not do enough to enhance the experience of your stay here!!

I cant really comment on any meal apart from breakfast as it is the only meal I ate here, but breakfast was and will be perfect for you as I found there was nothing at all that I'd usually have at home that was not available for me here as well as those 'always wanted to try' options on the vast menu!

all in all amazing

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Chicago? Share your experiences!