“An oasis in the heart of bustling Chicago” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Chicago

You added Four Seasons Hotel Chicago to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 E. Delaware Pl., Chicago, IL 60611 (Magnificent Mile)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Advance Purchase Package
Ranked #3 of 178 Hotels in Chicago
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“An oasis in the heart of bustling Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I actually stayed at this property once a few months ago, but can't get it out of my head. I want to go back, and will soon.
I have stayed at many other Four Seasons before. This one provides everything you would expect from the Four Seasons (impeccable service, attention to detail), but this one has a little different feel than some of the others I have been in. While being undeniably refined and elegant, it also manages to be relaxed. I traveled with my three kids (12, 10 and 8 years old), and I felt not like they merely tolerated my kids, but really welcomed them. Details like available tuck-in bedtime story service, or an ice cream bar delivered by room service tells me that I am not the only happy parent who has stayed there. (Also loved the kid-specific bath products and mini bathrobes - too cute).
The rooms were quite large and spacious, and the bedding was heavenly. We got a gorgeous lake view, which was very welcomed after a day in the city. The location of the hotel is ideal - a quick cab ride can get you pretty much anywhere in the city, and serious shoppers will be happy to know they are within walking distance of many of the high-end boutiques and department stores. Those with kids, be warned - you are a block away from the American Girl Doll store and the Lego store, so you may not get out of going for a visit.
Staff - well, it was exactly what I expected of a Four Seasons. The service, from reception to food to concierge to housekeeping, was spot on.
Even though we were in Chicago with a million activities at our fingertips, we spent a lot of time at the pool. The water was deliciously warm, the pool huge, with gorgeous skylight domes. Even some water toys were provided.
I usually like to try to stay at a new place every time I go to Chicago, but something tells me that I will end up at this Four Seasons time and time again.

Room Tip: I happened to love the lake view - and it goes without saying, get as high up as you can. :)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here with my family (wife and two kids both under 5) during a business trip. The hotel staff made our stay an absolute delight. From the minute we got there they made us feel at home and were so great with my kids. The food was great, the bar was comfy, and the rooms spectacular. I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Thank you Four Seasons!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am delighted to read that our staff made your family’s stay an ‘absolute delight’, and I am also thrilled to learn that you will stay with us again! I have shared your comments with our team and thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Michele Grosso
Four Seasons Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Room was very nice. Loved the 41st floor view. Super location. But at $550 ($650 per night when you include all the taxes) per night it should have been perfect, and was not. Used towels not removed from bathroom one day. HVAC shifting on and off woke me up repeatedly throughout the night. Televisions in room are awful (slow channel changing, remotes work sporadically). No in-room coffee. Free coffee in lobby disappears by 10:15 am. Lots of waiting at the front desk and concierge. The bag for free shoe shines disappeared after I used the service twice. Free wi-if is slow. Premium wi-fi costs $11/day. The same experience can easily be found elsewhere in Chicago for $200 (or more) less per night.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I spent a week at this hotel last May , and although part of a hotel chain this hotel is undeniably the epitome of luxury and sophistication !!!!!!!!

The rooms were spotlessly clean and staff could not do enough to enhance the experience of your stay here!!

I cant really comment on any meal apart from breakfast as it is the only meal I ate here, but breakfast was and will be perfect for you as I found there was nothing at all that I'd usually have at home that was not available for me here as well as those 'always wanted to try' options on the vast menu!

all in all amazing

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed here for a girls trip and had great service! We had an awesome view and the location was fantastic! Close to all the great shopping and restaurants. It was a short walk to the beach which was a plus! Can't wait to go back for another girls trip :)

• Stayed June 2012
glenview
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

From beginning to end our stay at the four Seasons was more than i could have ever expected from any luxury hotel i have ever frequented in the past.
The front desk personal cordial and professiona lthe restaurant staff helpful and accommodating,the food loved the chicago hot dog,and everything else on the menu,
Beautiful room ,trying to find a way to buy the pillows i cant say enough and can't
wait to return.

Room Tip: take what ever arfe you assigned all the rooms are great
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

You expect great service and high quality at the Four Seasons and you will get it here! The Four Seasons differentiates itself with kid-friendly service this is outstanding and exceeds your expectations. I called ahead to inquire about a crib for my 20 month old. They also offered a car seat and stroller to use during our trip. We used the stroller and it was great quality, clean and ready for us at the door when we wanted to leave. The crib they set up was beautiful with soft blankets and was quite comfortable for my child. The hotel also had a welcome gift of cookies, milk, chocolate syrup and a fun mixing cup waiting for us when we arrived -- my son loved the treat and we loved the truffles for us! There was also specific kid-friendly toiletries, diapers, a bath robe, stuffed animals and coloring book/crayons for him in the room. All of these were great touches that they put together simply by me asking for a crib in the room. Each night a different treat arrived for my son (we may have enjoyed them too!). The pool/spa area is wonderful and peaceful for early morning swims (swim diapers too)! I know you pay for great service when you chose to stay the Four Seasons, but their kid-friendly attitude makes a huge difference! We also enjoyed delicious room service and drinks in the hotel restaurant during our stay. I recommend staying here on your next visit to Chicago -- it's well worth it if you're looking for a luxury hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your stay. We have built our company’s reputation by paying attention to the needs of our guests and we are pleased to lean we exceed your family’s expectations.

We appreciate your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,