“Good value for downtown.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Grant Park Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Grant Park Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Grant Park Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60605 (Downtown / The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #120 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good value for downtown.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Great location--just a short walk to museums & attractions along Michigan Ave, as well as easy access to subway system. Paid around $75/night in January, which is probably one of the best deals you can get for the downtown Chicago location.
Also, the breakfast place next door, Yolk, is AWESOME!!
Cons: thin walls!! We were kept up most of Monday night by drunk kids in the next room. I guess this could happen in any hotel, but the low price may add to the likelihood of partying college students. Also, we saw an obvious sex worker in the lobby on Tuesday morning. This doesn't really matter to me, but some people might be freaked out by it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Alex P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Grant Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed our great location and amenities. We hope you will stay with us again during your next visit to Chicago. Had any mention of clientele been brought to our attention we would have addressed it to ensure that is not welcomed in our hotel.
Alex Pulido

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here for four nights through New Year's Day. Pros- The hotel is very conveniently located near the red line and numerous bus stops, front desk staff is friendly, and everything was clean. Cons- a bit shabby/outdated, very thin walls, and poor insulation that allows cold air into the room as well as quite a bit of street noise. Valet parking is available, though I would recommend a lot located a short walk away on east 8th St. operated by Impark. We made a reservation on ParkWhiz and paid the same amount for our entire stay that we would have had to pay for one night of the hotel's valet parking. All in all, the hotel is a great deal for what you're paying. I would recommend it to anyone who isn't looking for an incredibly luxurious stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Alex P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Grant Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Chicago. We’re so glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay, especially that you found our staff friendly and location convenient. We are in an excellent spot to many of the famous Chicago attractions. Thanks for your feedback and we hope you will stay with us again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My boyfriend, his cousin, and I stayed here Dec 26-28 and got the hotel very early for a price of $75/night. We loved it - not just for the location, but for the friendly service. No, the hotel does not have "everything," but we didn't need it to. The lobby is attractive, the room was clean, the wifi worked fine, etc. I think many of the reviews on here are a little harsh, especially when talking about the decor. No, it's not fancy or even updated, but I did not feel uncomfortable. Our room was on the 8th floor facing 11th street, so we had a wonderful view of the Sears Tower from our HUGE windows.

The hotel also held the boys' bags while we finished our touring of the Art Institute. I wasn't there for it, but one employee commented on my boyfriend's soccer shoes and the two talked a little bit about the sport. The staff is definitely among some of the nicer I've encountered.

It's not a 200/night hotel, but for what we wanted it to be, it was absolutely perfect. This would probably be a great hotel for someone visiting Lollapalooza.

Room Tip: Get one facing 11th street!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for the great review of your recent stay. We are so happy to hear that you loved your experience with us! We hope you enjoyed your visit to Chicago and that our location was a bonus for visiting the many sites in the city. We look forward to having you again when you return. Hope to see you again!
Thanks,
St Louis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

There were 3 major things wrong with my stay:
1) The wifi didn't work all evening (despite troubleshooting. It came back in the morning, luckily)
2) There was a spider in my bathtub. Spiders are carnivores. I wonder what it was eating?
3) This is the worst: I NEVER GOT MY Wakeup Call! I needed to wake up at 5 am for my interview. Luckily, I woke up on my own at 4:55, and sat in bed staring at the phone til 5:15, when I finally got up. When I complained about this downstairs, they insisted I must have missed it- well, if I did, that means it was at least 15 minutes late, 'cause I was in the shower by then. They denied all wrongdoing on this most critical error. (even 15 minutes could be crucial).

Other little cons: Parking was valet only, and costed $30 a night! I didn't find that on their website, so it came as an unpleasant surprise.
I forgot my comb, so they provided one for me- but I had to go down myself in my pjs.
When I told all this to the concierge, she wrote down my complaints (except for the missing wakeup call) and my phone number and told me her manager would call me to sort it all out. It has been 2 weeks and I still havent gotten that call. I dont think I ever will.

Pros: I slept very well. The room was cozy and nice (for the price), the bed was clean and comfy. It was in a great location. They did provide a comb.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Twin Lakes, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We were thrilled with the great price for our one night shopping getaway to the city. We found the front desk reception very nice and our room was more than satisfactory, clean, comfy bed,coffee maker. The roosevelt CTA which can connect you to anywhere in the city is a short walk away, as are several restaurants and clubs. i think the red velvet pancakes I had at the Bongo Room nearby was the best breakfast I've had in a long time.
The big problem and not one easily fixed is the noise.
My husband noticed a breeze under the aluminum surrounding our streetside window, so maybe a little caulk would help. but paper thin walls would be a much bigger fix. I am very sound sleeper, but even I was awoken numerous times by the sound of people below, the el roaring nearby and construction of scaffolding across the street at Columbia University at 6 am .Even with a good set of ear plugs, I wouldn't return. I'd spend a little more and get a place where an occasional siren is all you hear. Here, you hear everything and I do mean everything.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Alex P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Grant Park Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
We are glad to hear you were thrilled with our location, friendly staff and breakfast. We apologize for any outside construction noise you may have experienced. We encourage all guests to bring any issues to the attention of the staff so that we can see about relocating your room. We try to accommodate all guest requests and hope you will visit us again with the great amenities we offer. Let us know beforehand of your experience and we can try a different room location for you.
Alex Pulido

Been to BEST WESTERN Grant Park Hotel? Share your experiences!