“Great Location, beautiful view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Swissotel Chicago

Save Saved
You added Swissotel Chicago to your Saves list
Swissotel Chicago
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   323 East Upper Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60601 (The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #63 of 172 Hotels in Chicago
Beach Park
“Great Location, beautiful view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed with my husband and daughter on July 4th. Walking distance to Navy Pier where we spent the day. Perfect location to Riverwalk. We didn't want to fight the crowds for fireworks. Paid for the king corner upgrade. Totally worth it! Perfect view of navy pier, fireworks, the river. Beautiful! The Geneva was a pricey breakfast but convenient. I do like that kids were free, go off the menu. Cheaper than the buffet.

• Stayed July 2014
Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
We're so glad you visited this past weekend! Thanks for your kind words on the view, as well as the location. Looking forward to having you back the next time you're in town!

(312) 268-8255

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We booked through priceline for a king size bed, arrived at the hotel, and were told that we were "upgraded" to a hospitality suite. Their hospitality suite is actually more like a conference room with a pull out bed available and was a downgrade, not an upgrade. We asked to switch rooms to what we had originally booked and were told that the hotel had was completely booked except for one room available, so we were given a room with 2 full size beds (no queen sizes, only full size double rooms).

The room we were given smelled overwhelmingly like garlic. We were then switched (despite being told earlier that the hotel had no other available rooms) to the room next door, which still smelled like garlic, albeit slightly better than the first. At this point, the hotel offered 2 drink tickets as compensation, but we informed them that we did not drink and would rather have the ticket value applied towards our valet parking.

In the morning, I received the folio which contained the full amount for the valet parking, despite what we had discussed the previous evening. There was no record in their computer system of having given us any credit towards parking, which they then claimed was managed by a 3rd party and so could not help us.

All in all, an extremely disappointing experience in what should be a luxury hotel, but instead was a lying, untrustworthy management (from front desk to their managerial level, there was deception and incompetence all the way). We will never stay in this hotel ever again, nor in any of its other locations and we hope other travelers will take heed of our experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
I'm very sorry that you felt misled during your stay with us. I want to assure you that every guest's needs are our top priority, and I apologize if you didn't get that impression. Please feel free to give me a call if you have any additional feedback or questions. Would love to help make things right!

Saint Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This was a GREAT hotel!!! They had everything we needed all in one place and only 3 blocks from Michigan Ave. We were close to eveything and the view was amazing!! Will dstay here again on our annual Girls weekend trip!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thanks for choosing to stay with us on your fun girls weekend trip, Veydra! I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay, and I look forward to having you back next year.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We travelled with a group booking which should have made check in easier but it was not. First no room found, than finally straightened out after 15 minutes. Billing process went wrong as well so it took me afterwards several emails to sort it out (which happened in the end).
My expectation on Swissotel was higher I have to admit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you experienced when checking in. Thanks for reaching out about your experience, and I'll definitely look into ways to avoid this kind of thing in the future. I hope the rest of your trip went well, and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us on your visit to Chicago.

Take care,
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Nice hotel, staff were friendly, rooms and views were great. The workout room, pool and spa are fantastic! I did not like the fact that the onsite restaurant prices were no where to be found so I avoided them, this typically means HIGH prices. I was happy to participate in their "Green" program where you do not have the maid come in and you are supposed to get a $5 a day credit. Where the credit can be used is as clear as mud, so I did not get to use mine. :( The in room hotel information needs some work it lacked basic information on a lot of things, but I like to know the details like prices and how programs work. Good location right by the lake!

Room Tip: All rooms had a good view no need to upgrade to a corner room as far as I could tell!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thanks for staying with us, Lori! I really appreciate your kind words on the rooms and service, and I wish you'd gotten the chance to use your dining credit. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay overall, and I look forward to having you back again soon!

Dresden, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Swissotel is a beautiful hotel with great staff and beautiful comfortable rooms. Location makes it easy to get to many venues in Chicago. Concierge and doormen went out of their way to help us as first time visitors to this great city.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thanks so much for your kind words, Gary! I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I look forward to your next visit. Wishing you the best in the meantime!

Safe travels,
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed here for a weekend because my niece was getting married. Beautiful hotel, friendly staff! I would recommend this hotel, especially if you wanted to be walking distance from Navy Pier. Great views!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thanks so much for your recommendation! I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying with us while visiting for such a special occasion. Hope you'll be back soon!

(312) 268-8255

Been to Swissotel Chicago? Share your experiences!