“Good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Swissotel Chicago

You added Swissotel Chicago to your Saves list
Swissotel Chicago
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   323 East Upper Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60601 (Downtown / The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #69 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed at the Swissotel Chicago at the end of a trip across the US having got a good deal as a 'Secret Hotel' . The room was very comfortable and the location of the hotel is hard to beat with great views. We didn't get a chance to use the pool or gym which was a shame. In common with other more expensive hotels they do make ridiculous charges for water or wifi, I'm not sure if I would book again if it wasn't through an offer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear you thought your room was comfortable and had a great view of the city. For the future, please know that we offer complimentary WiFi in our lobby. I hope you keep us in mind the next time you visit Chicago and tweet or Facebook us for a social media discount!

(312) 268-8255

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
ann arbor, mi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel was very nice and we had a good stay but there wasn't anything spectacular about it. My favorite part of the stay were the beds, very comfortable and cozy. The place is busy with a lot of energy, and the location was good. The hotel itself had a bit of wear and tear.
We were happy with the stay but got a decent deal on Hotwire and we would have not been pleased to pay the regular price for what we got. Parking was very expensive but we found a lot nearby to park in that was half the price.

Room Tip: If you can get a room with a view try and get one as high up as you can. The views of the lake are...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
While I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, I'm disheartened to hear that nothing about it stood out to you. From our comfortable beds to our attentive service, we strive to offer our guests a special experience. If you have any suggestions for us to improve, please don't hesitate to call me at the number below.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just returned from this beautiful hotel within walking distance from most everything. Very nice staff, very clean, very nice but...... If you need room service for anything they will forget about you. We called several times for different things, After one hour we had to call again. This happened every time we called. Then when they did come this one time they had the wrong room. They were delivering towels to us that we did not request. This was very frustrating. We did complain at check out time. They were very apologetic and offered us free breakfast but we had to get to the airport. I think we will try another hotel next time we visit Chicago.

Room Tip: Ask for a river or lake view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
While I'm glad you found our hotel beautiful and thought our staff was very friendly, I'm alarmed to hear that you thought our room service was inattentive. The last thing I want is for our guests to feel forgotten. Do you mind calling me to let me know the room you stayed in? I want to make sure our room service is more timely going forward.

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed here for my birthday. I booked through Hotwire so I wasn't sure where I was staying until after it was booked. I was pleased when I found out where is was. It is in an excellent location. It was within walking distances of most attractions, if not it was just a short can ride away. I have stayed in the city several times and this is my favorite place to date. I will return on my next adventure to the city.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Happy Birthday! Thanks so much for celebrating the occasion with us. I'm honored to know we're your favorite hotel in Chicago. Hope you get a chance to stay with us again soon!

All the best,
Kansas City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

They raised the cost for one of their standard rooms twice in the same conversation. Yes, they quoted me a price; I said yes; they then would not honor that price. This happened twice! Not an honest way to do business.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
I'm sincerely sorry for the confusion regarding our room rates. It was absolutely not our intention to raise our prices unfairly. Do you mind letting me know what happened in more detail? I want to discuss your experience with the staff and make things right with you. Please call me whenever you get a chance.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We would definitely stay again if/when we return to Chicago.
We stayed at this particular hotel due to a deal we got through Porter airlines, and were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel. When we checked in, we were upgraded to a lake-view room, from which we could see the river and the Navy Pier, too. The room was lovely, with a very good quality bed and mattress. Because what is the #1 reason we stay at a hotel? - to sleep!
And the location was perfect, just a block or 2 up from Michigan Avenue, on the south side of the river. It's close to restaurants, shopping, and tourist sights.
The only (slight) negative was that the free wifi was only in the lobby, and very slow.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you Carol! We want all our guests to be pleasantly surprised by our exceptional service and quality rooms. As you mentioned, it's so important for our guests to enjoy a restful night's sleep in our rooms.

Hope to see you back again soon!

Take care,
Ann Arbor, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I was very impressed with the rooms and how quiet they were. Plus the views with wall to wall, floor to ceiling windows on multiple sides of the room! Bathroom was spacious and robe was comfy. Wish I could have stayed longer! Only complaint was they had non-dairy creamer in the room.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you! I'm thrilled to hear you were so impressed. Knowing that you wished you could've stayed longer is the best compliment. I hope you get a chance to visit Chicago again soon!

Take care,
(312) 268-8255

Been to Swissotel Chicago? Share your experiences!